Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

Shouldn't we try to stay on topic? These topics tend to get off topic very easily and speculation tends to get interesting as well.

sorry just amased about a whole 90 pages of info is here! Edited by Babaloveslego55

The 42052 helicopter is a must buy for me, looks great.

I hope the 42054 Claas or 42055 Volvo Ew160e will be the 2nd half flagset. I prefer the Volvo.

I doubt the 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator will be the flagship. It would not have much playability or functions, except for destroying your bricks with the bucket wheel. ;-) Kinda lame.

I hope the 42054 Claas or 42055 Volvo Ew160e will be the 2nd half flagset. I prefer the Volvo.

I doubt the 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator will be the flagship. It would not have much playability or functions, except for destroying your bricks with the bucket wheel. ;-) Kinda lame.

Based on set number, the BuWeEx will be the flagship, the CLAAS will be a 100€ set and the Volvo a 50€ set.

Aslo, the BuWeEx could be RC, it's time for an RC flagship.

The 42052 helicopter is a must buy for me, looks great.

your forgetting about the ip car! mabie the reason that the ip car cost 300 euros is because they are making a fully cromed car!

I'm so tempted to repost this with hopes that it can spur some speculations:

I've just realized that the Claas and the Volvo has the SAME tyre patterns. Hence the 2 models are likely to have the same wheel size.

The sidewalls and width, on the other hand, are not. Also, if the Volvo is the small set, and the Claas is larger, that would not work, as a small E160 would be tiny, likely with wheels like 8052. Therefore, a $100 set of a tractor would not work with such small wheels and tires.

Nuremberg Toy Fair is just a few weeks away ... all will be revealed there - not sure about the "Ultimate IP Car" though, might be announced at a later date?

Nuremberg Toy Fair runs from January 27th to February 1st. I'm excited!

Based on set number, the BuWeEx will be the flagship, the CLAAS will be a 100€ set and the Volvo a 50€ set.

Aslo, the BuWeEx could be RC, it's time for an RC flagship.

I hope you're not right about the flagship being the BuWeEx ;-) Really, if you compare it to 42042 Crane, it will have less functions. Maybe it will be RC but besides going fowards/backwards/turning, what's the fun of a turning Bucket Wheel? 8043 will leave the BuWeEx in the dust. And the BuWeEx just looks too much like 42042 crane. Another scenario, maybe (i hope) they cancel BuWeEx and release the Volvo as RC flagship, that would be something!

I don't really care about the IP Car, unless it is not an existing car brand. Only then we will see some nice functions. Otherwise we will pay for the brand with the cost of functions. At least, that is what i think.

The BWE is rumoured to be 220 EUR, the same price as the Volvo. I think it's likely to be a RC flagship.

I hope not and rc will be only ultimate car.RC is less building fun for more money.

I hope not and rc will be only ultimate car.RC is less building fun for more money.

Then we shall have the BWE as a Crawler Crane clone.

I agree, but remember the RC cycle, on odd years they release a complex and non-RC flagship, and on pair years a simple, RC one.

I agree, but remember the RC cycle, on odd years they release a complex and non-RC flagship, and on pair years a simple, RC one.

I know this, but we also get four sets for 2H one with price 300€ so I dont think we see two RC sets.

I personally hope, that CLAAS would be flagship model, with switchable pto, etc.. it could give option to make lots of attachments (to frond and back) like it was for MB Unimog. Also as stated about tire sized to be same on Volvo and CLAAS, to compare IRL machines then CLAAS would be like 50 euros small set whyle VOLVO enormous flag model.

As far as IP car, design can be cool but nothing more. For funcionality I would prefer still CLAAS. Also pneumatic connectors aside with pto in front and back :)

The BWE is rumoured to be 220 EUR, the same price as the Volvo. I think it's likely to be a RC flagship.

If the BuWeEx will be around 220 euro's then Lego's marketing department is in serious trouble. What kid or adult wants an RC controlled "turning wheel" with no purpose and playability?

We already have the 42042 crane. For 110 euro's you get a great crane with lots of functions and playability. I just can't believe they will choose such a lame overpriced buckey wheel excavator as flagship.

But hey, i still have my great non-flagship 42042 and 8043. ;-)

Still have hope for the EW160E or Claas being the flagship. People want playability and functions. And these two sets could be full of functions.

Edited by Bering

BWE are popular in Germany which is lego technic biggest market.Also kids probably didnt want it, but their fathers probably do.

They probably did some market research, so Im not aware in popularity.

Bucket wheel excavators are popular in germany? ok, they are impressive of its size, but on other aspects they are really boring.

Bucket wheel excavators are popular in germany? ok, they are impressive of its size, but on other aspects they are really boring.

I mean world biggest BWEs came from your country.

yes, but only the driver of a bwe likes his bwe

BWE better driver experience than BMW :laugh: .

Indeed a good Volvo EW160E and Claas Xerion 5000 VC will have more functionality and playability then a BWE or a IP car.

Both kids and adults would be more likely to pay big money for one of these then for a BWE or car.

i disagree rc is fun!

Give me a RC Claas Xerion, screw the IP car.

what if they are going to a give us a crome ip car? you wouldent want to miss that!

24 days to go ...

for what?

I hope someone fro Lego Technic Designer Team is reading our posts here and they will find out what Lego Fans do want to have. I too think that the BWE will be a disaster in it estimated price range ... Volvo and Claas those are the models that people what to have.

24 day left to see the pictures of H2 sets...

I hope someone fro Lego Technic Designer Team is reading our posts here and they will find out what Lego Fans do want to have. I too think that the BWE will be a disaster in it estimated price range ... Volvo and Claas those are the models that people what to have.

24 day left to see the pictures of H2 sets...

and i hope they dont cancel the ip car if they read this topic! but really why so many dislikes on the ip car! you can always get it cheaper on amazon!