efferman

42043 - MB Arocs 3245 Mods and Improvements

Really impressive work M_longer.

How much can it lift?

Thank you. I have no idea, but I will try to lift few things :)

Hello everyone.

I am waiting for my new 42043. :thumbup:

Is there any MOD instructions in pdf for fully rc?

I don't mind to pay for pdf instructions. :classic:

Thanks.

I'm gonna building 42043 rc with all functions but I'm waiting for a sbrick type 3rd party lego receiver and controller it will control 4 motors but im waiting it like 2 weeks or less if you can wait it i can share free instructions :D

Hi all!

Long time ago I made also small changes on the cab, I love this model, and think it is still the best Technic set ever.

The only thing I couldn't understand from the beginning, why to use so many small pieces in the cab design, they just ruin the smooth appearance, which is so well done on the rest of the truck. As the B-model uses the very same cabin design, I have still no idea of the background. I used 5x11 panels, and slightly modified door design.

Long story short: I built these changes immadiately at first time, and to be honest it was like nothing, and also no influence on structural stability.

Another changes: I replaced couple parts to black ones on the "lights", to get more visible the original reflector area of the Arocs.

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x868.jpg

Hello, I'm working on the Arocs to make it more similar to the real one.

Now the cab is 90% complete.

2016_08_17_15_17_06.jpg

I will remove the crane and make a simple 8x4 dump truck, full RC! :blush:

That cabin looks very realistic and has a so smooth design and with so many details, is really impressive.

M_longer,

Can we already find your instructions somewhere for the outstanding c model?

They are ready (I have tested them by building test model in Liebherr livery), but the presentation is not. It lacks a movie, which by my standards, does not allow to show Technic model. I have very, hmm, intense time at work and I wasn't able to find time for Lego for a long time :(

I know that many people would like to build that model, but I want to have it presented properly. So I can only ask you for your patience right now.

800x678.jpg

Since LEGO building is your hobby and your day-time job requires your full attention, all I can say is take as much time as you need buddy!!!

Yeah. Same from me....

But i will build this outstanding c model for sure. Thanks for offering BI!!

J'attends aussi avec impatiente les instructions, ce model c et vraiment bien réalisé, très bon boulot.

Bonjour, ce forum étant en anglais, il vaut mieux y parler anglais pour pouvoir communiquer avec le reste des membres!!

This forum is english so speak english to understand all members!

On 9/18/2016 at 4:17 PM, M_longer said:

They are ready (I have tested them by building test model in Liebherr livery), but the presentation is not. It lacks a movie, which by my standards, does not allow to show Technic model. I have very, hmm, intense time at work and I wasn't able to find time for Lego for a long time :(

I know that many people would like to build that model, but I want to have it presented properly. So I can only ask you for your patience right now.

I'm looking forward to this, though I still have to build the supply ship.

Hi new here and will introduce myself soon. Bought the Arocs and when finishing the cabin I noticed I had a black and grey beam left for the A-style (next to the window). Read somewhere online that another guy had the same problem. Checked all the pages of the cabin instructions but it all looked okay. Anybody got a tip here or was it just a mistake made by Lego. 

On 8/17/2016 at 4:41 PM, mpj said:

Hello, I'm working on the Arocs to make it more similar to the real one.

Now the cab is 90% complete.

2016_08_17_15_17_06.jpg

I will remove the crane and make a simple 8x4 dump truck, full RC! :blush:

This facelift is awsome! Did you finish the dump truck yet?

Thank you! The model is 90% complete, I will post photos and video soon.

2 minutes ago, Kaero said:

I am surprised that M_longer didn't posted here: he already finished and presented his wonderful crane, see his blog:

http://m-longer.blogspot.cz/2016/11/42043-alternate-mobile-crane.html

and you can buy instructions here:

http://mocplans.com/designer/m-longer/42043-c-model-mobile-crane.html 

M_Longer has created a new topic, with full presentation of this model ;)

1 hour ago, ScottishLego said:

What parts would I need to make this model full RC?

F.e. motors, battery box, IR receiver, IR remote control, maybe some gears/axles

On 1/18/2017 at 5:40 AM, Kman860 said:

Do you have a close up shot of the lift axle and ramps?

it is very crude. the axle is lifted by small cylinder, which is _not_ fixed on the yellow end. so when the axle is lowered (the cylinder is contracted), and springs are pressed, the cylinder freely moves to the left and allows action of the springs. however if the cylinder is presurized the axle is raised. one has to use softer springs because small cylinder is not very powerfull.

Arocs-FlatBed-mod-rear_axis.jpg