efferman

42043 - MB Arocs 3245 Mods and Improvements

Hello everyone.

I am waiting for my new 42043. :thumbup:

Is there any MOD instructions in pdf for fully rc?

I don't mind to pay for pdf instructions. :classic:

Thanks.

Edited by PauloS

Hello everyone.

I am waiting for my new 42043. :thumbup:

I don’t bother to pay for pdf instructions. :classic:

Thanks.

People do spend some time to make good instructions, so quite often they are sold, not given for free.

I don't mind to pay for pdf instructions. :classic:

Thanks.

No doubt.

As I wrote ...

I don't mind to pay for pdf instructions.

Thanks.

Edited by PauloS

You probably mean "I don't mind" :wink:

Yes that's what I meant. :blush:

I've already corrected.

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

Edited by PauloS

I love those trailers. I think the red one could do with some studded beams to limit the bending.

i may try someday as i now have a tracked multy prupose vehicle wich can be used as a dolly trailer

i tried it and it works perfect the bending is much less with only this way:

plate

studded beam

plate

i'll take pictures soon

Great modification on the crane arm. Efferman!!

I can't wait to see the final version of Palfinger Z-fold crane arm . :thumbup:

Nice crane Efferman. Saw him yesterday already on dr brick. Can't wait to see someone build it on the Arocs.

Can't do it myself because my Arocs, both of them, are under construction. I am building an Arocs slt with a lowloader. Build a lot today but came to the conclusion that the chassis is 1 or 2 stud to short. First axl has a spring, the other 3 axls are air suspended by the use of 6 small cilinders, 2 per axl. This way the 2e axl is lifteble and ride hide can be lowered. I am using a truck from Brunner as a example. This is as slt with a small cabin. This way I can use the wide of the original Arocs and make the bumper wider. Cabin 17 studs, bumper and fenders 19 studs. It is still a wip. Pictures soon.

I think a pneumatic rotation mechanism would rise the playability and be more interesting in technical aspect. The gear ration on the pictures allows 1.25 rotations.

23482419733_3362bd224f_c.jpg

24109199285_84b6c65457_c.jpg

23482419293_9f70e24ea1_c.jpg

23813548130_8e15f0c183_c.jpg

Like this model a lot, but think that the crane is definitely too big for this set and it looks totally out of proportion. hopefully effermans mod to the crane will bring it more to scale. I really like the design of that PALFINGER a lot more, mind if I use it in my model?

my modification thus far

Shortened the truck to 49cm (61 studs)

remove crane & outriggers

installed fuel tank

installed spare wheel

Altered 2nd Wheels arch to be same height as rear axles

changes wheel arch width

altered front bumper to be 19 studs wide

400x400.jpg400x400.jpg400x400.jpg600x400.jpg

thanks

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

After getting frustrated with the crane not turning properly because of the hoses I decided to move it to the back of the truck. So far so good except I used the gear for the tipper as I am doing a logging truck it didn't need it but the gear ratio makes the crane spin too fast. I'm not a gearing expert so wouldn't have a clue how to modify the gearbox too make it spin slower. Also moved the controls to behind the crane.

cam0021420.jpg

Edited by technicfan

Efferman how many studs does this crane of yours protrude above the cab? I just like how compact this is !!!

Good work as always

i think a picture says more than thousands of words

24169526586_1420b5d8fe_c.jpg

Efferman, do you think 2 regular pistons could work in the second section instead of the extended pistons? Gonna have to try to copy your idea and try it out. Looks great!

I like that you've incorporated the stabilisers into the crane base to be more like the real one :thumbup:

Just to satisfy my curiousity I decided to remove the 2nd steer axle. I must say the truck looks funny with out it. It's also more unstable now. The removal of 6 pins and the steering link and the axle was free. I really thought more went into connecting the axles to the frame when I built them.

I like that you've incorporated the stabilisers into the crane base to be more like the real one :thumbup:

That is one thing that bugs me with the set,when I was building it I was thinking something did not look quite right.

I would of expected Marcus to try and put the stabilizers where they are in the real one and not coming out of the centre of the fuel tank. :snicker:

Hello All,

I just started to modify my Arocs, I decided to shorten the Arocs and to put two front wheels instead of 4, I like that type of truck more. The Arocs is PF controlled with a servo motor and 2 L-motors. It also will feature an air tank, pneumatic stabilizers (non-extendable), a slightly smaller foldable crane with hook-lift and tiltable bed.

Untill now the chassis is more or less built. The pneumatic stabiliser has been installed for future reference (will be adapted later)

1-dscn1996.jpg

1-dscn1998.jpg

1-dscn1999.jpg

Edited by gvo25