Fantastic work :sweet:

I think that if you are creating an RC model, it doesn't need to have brakes.

For a car that is 'electric', I don't think that the sequential gearbox is so important, and you have done a great job with the hybrid drive system in this model.

I really like your sequential gearboxes, but I don't miss it when you replace it with so many other excellent technical features. You have outdone yourself again.

Sheepo, this is a nice looking car and great features. I'd like to build it eventually.

Did you ever consider using regular lego parts (non-technic) for the BMW grille and other parts of the front section? Maybe you could do that to replace the gray pieces you used.

It's a great start of your 1:10 MOC. The transfer between pure electric and hybrid modes seems very smooth to me.

I've been building your mustang these days and love the sequence box.

I know there are a lot of problems with it, it's huge, has a lot of power loss, a bit tricky to build it reliable.

But I've a lot fun to "drive" a technic car which have a sequence gear box. It feels different from driving other "normal" "fast" MOCs.

I think I'll build your beetle too, hoping its box works better than the mustang's. I know they are the same generation, any improvement is welcomed :wink:

So, I hope to see more boxes in your future MOCs, don't know if the new parts introduced this year can help you make it smaller and/or more reliable.

Great MOC. It's great to see the LEGO community is following the auto industry towards hybridization. Next we might start seeing all electric LEGO MOCS. :classic:

I don't miss the brakes or the gearbox.

Did you ever consider using regular lego parts (non-technic) for the BMW grille and other parts of the front section? Maybe you could do that to replace the gray pieces you used.

I tried with non-technic parts, but the result wasn't better and it was very fragile.

@Sheepo:

Very good MOC with interesting features. I like it.

Scale 1:10 is sufficent, you don't need to build bigger cars... I like this scale... It is not possible to integrate such many functions as in 1:8 car but it is not necessary. Everyone has to concentrate himself on selected functions and that's enough...

You don't need to integrate sequential gearbox... Good that you made this car as RC car, funny to play... If you want to integrate complex gearbox then it should be something new... like last linkage gearboxes etc...

I personally didn't integrate gearbox in my last RC Supercar because of friction losses and additional weight and I'm satisfied with high speed and lightweight construction. Makes the car fun to play... :)

I don't miss brakes... You have demostrated that you can do it in your older model, now priority is in new Lego functions that weren't discovered and presented...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

I like the car feature-wise. I am just not sure if it is a good representation of a BMW.

Personally I prefer robustness way over a little better looking. You always have to balance. I think you have done a great job. I don't miss the brake system and sequential gear box. They are fantastic but now it is time for something new:)

I tried with non-technic parts, but the result wasn't better and it was very fragile.

Edited by Superfield

I can only say wow! That looks so much like the real cars. Great job. I'd love to see some pics of the inside mechanisms.

Edited by Epic Technic

Am I the only one who is missing the gearbox (a bit) :look::grin:

I always found your gearboxes quite interesting, because they were remote controlled. Manual gearboxes are nice, but quite... useless, because you can't really see the difference. However, with the remote controlled ones from you, it is actually "useful".

Let me be clear: I don't really miss it in this car, it has an amazing amount of features and it's not really missing a gearbox. I just mean, it would be nice to see a car at this scale from you with a remote controlled gearbox :classic:

Am I the only one who is missing the gearbox (a bit)

My opinion is the same. I love Sheepo's gearboxes and would not want to see them go away altogether. However, it this particular MOC I think the gearbox was replaced with an equally clever system and it was a good trade. It gives us something new.

You nailed it once again Sheepo! It's great that you also tried to do something different with the hybrid function this time :)

Am I the only one who is missing the gearbox (a bit) :look::grin:

My gearboxes are not gone forever, they will return with a complete new generation :grin:

My opinion is the same. I love Sheepo's gearboxes and would not want to see them go away altogether. However, it this particular MOC I think the gearbox was replaced with an equally clever system and it was a good trade. It gives us something new.

I chose this car with the intention to do something different. The i8 hybrid system left me the opportunity to do something completely new never seen before.

To be honest the i8 was my fourth option, I had 3 cars in my mind before choose the i8. I did it because the i8 is the only hybrid car in the world with 2-speeds front gearbox.

Also using a simpler drivetrain I will get better performance and speed. instead of the low efficient big gearboxes.

Congrats on your new supercar, it's truly unique, looks very good and the hybrid system rocks! I really wish I had the time to build it some day. Thanks for sharing :)