Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Figbarfs for the win!

No need to make a new topic for showcasing your self created minifigs. They are most welcome in here!

To kick off:

14836238415_2888156a7d_c.jpg

11133279983_3dfd084552_c.jpg

15810457666_31dbcb0cb0_c.jpg

15625613023_c5fe2c5b1a_z.jpg

Hello everyone, with Minas Tirith acheiving 10.000 supporters on IDEAS I wanted to quickly show off my own custom minifigures of (currently) missing characters. These are purist creations using a mixture of LOTR parts and elements from other themes. I tried to make these on a budget as I'm still hoping for additional LOTR sets using the IDEAS site.

Firstly Denethor and Faramir. Denethor uses Magneto's head and the hairpiece from the lego movie cat lady. I might swap Faramir's head for Dastan's in the future.

14203843451_DISPLAY.jpg

Secondly: Hama and Eowyn in both her civilian and soldier outfits. She uses bat-girl's head, which is double sided.

14203843462_DISPLAY.jpg

Finaly I have Gondor soldiers and guards with Denethor. As many others have done they use the body of the knight from the Lego collectibles series (which I luckily managed to pick up several of when they were on shelves).

14203843463_DISPLAY.jpg

14203843474_DISPLAY.jpg

14203843485_DISPLAY.jpg

Also for a future Edoras display I wanted another Grima Wormtounge, but since he is so expensive I have had a look at making a discount version. To my delight the head of the Ironman movie Mandarin makes an excellent Grima, only the body needs some more searching to find something better than the jedi/sith torsos. Here is his head put on Denethor's body for now:

14203843496_SPLASH.jpg

Happy new year!

Edited by Bugbot2008

Nice, I especially like Denethor and Eowyn.

If I can give you a piece of advice, use this torso for Hama (or any Rohan royal guard for that matter):

973px477.1129534278.jpg

It's from the Vikings theme. It works well with the Rohirrim soldier legs and is pretty similar to the armour they wear in the movies.

Nice, I especially like Denethor and Eowyn.

If I can give you a piece of advice, use this torso for Hama (or any Rohan royal guard for that matter):

It's from the Vikings theme. It works well with the Rohirrim soldier legs and is pretty similar to the armour they wear in the movies.

Thanks for the advice I haven't considered Vikings actually, that torso is very good, I'll see what I can get my hands on :)

Wow, I love all your purist LotR figures :classic: .

Especially Denethor is nice - I bought the cat Lady once just to get her hairpiece for him :classic: .

Great job!

Thanks for the advice I haven't considered Vikings actually, that torso is very good, I'll see what I can get my hands on :)

The Vikings theme is pretty good to help you complete your Rohirrim army. These 2 torsos may come in handy if you want to expand it:

973px472.1129534260.jpg

973px471.1128216444.jpg

Also be careful when looking for the torso I posted earlier, the 2007 Fantasy Castle line used similar printings for some of the royal knights/soldiers. It's similar but it doesn't look as good (mostly because of the big crown on the belt):

973px548.1185245671.jpg

Hope this helps. :wink:

Edited by Elrond

The Vikings theme is pretty good to help you complete your Rohirrim army. These 2 torsos may come in handy if you want to expand it:

Also be careful when looking for the torso I posted earlier, the 2007 Fantasy Castle line used similar printings for some of the royal knights/soldiers. It's similar but it doesn't look as good (mostly because of the big crown on the belt):

Hope this helps. :wink:

Those are great torsos but I see everyone else is after them too; they are quite pricy on eBay! I'll keep my eye out for them non the less, thanks for showing me them!

yeah, absolut great job on the figs!

And all of this with original parts - well done!

markus

I think the Gondor soldiers look really fine. That helmet works for every army. Also, the armour fits them because they are pretty heavily armoured in the films.

Good job!

I was trying to get the same hair for Denethor but the LEGO Movie Minifigures were all sold out when I finally decided to look for it.

So I went a bit crazy when the Friends line first came out and I've ended up finding most parts of the line to be very usefull and I enjoy using them in my creations. The only parts I haven't been using are the figures (except for their hair). I've been wondering why I haven't found a use for the figs. At first I thought I didn't like them and that I prefered regular minifigures. Not the case. I actually like the figs a lot. Then it struck to me that the Friends figs are modern city folks, a theme I normally do not venture in as it hasn't got my interest. I prefer castle/fantasy themes above modern day themes. So with that in mind I started mixing and matching Friends fig parts with regular minifig parts, trying to give them a more Historic vibe. These are the results:

The pink Mage

cimg2191.jpg

The fearless adventurer

cimg2196.jpg

The fair Judge

cimg2198.jpg

The lovely Maiden

cimg2199.jpg

The little Pixy

cimg2200.jpg

The Godess of Thunder

cimg2201.jpg

The Gypsy Fortune Teller

cimg2202.jpg

The brave Cowgirl

cimg2203.jpg

The White Fairy

cimg2204.jpg

The Rogue Gunslinger

cimg2205.jpg

The Pirate Captain

cimg2206.jpg

The Dark Witch

cimg2207.jpg

The Prospector in his undies

cimg2208.jpg

The honest King

cimg2209.jpg

The dashing Swashbuckler

cimg2210.jpg

The Huntress

cimg2211.jpg

The Valkyrie

cimg2213.jpg

The Queen of Winter

cimg2214.jpg

The waterbender

cimg2215.jpg

The Forest Elf

cimg2216.jpg

The sunkissed Mermaid

cimg2217.jpg

The shackled Slave Girl

cimg2218.jpg

That's all. Thanks for watching. I hope you enjoyed.

Edited by badboytje88

Great variety and very creative! You have really transformed these minidolls into a fun series.

I love that the Rogue Gunslinger is holding a fan, even though there looks to be a breeze, with her cape flying in the air. Must be hot out in the Old West

Argh ... :laugh:

Ok, I'll go for the shackled slave girl... :laugh:

I knew there was some danger in making the friends figs somewhat compatible to normal minifigs... but I would not have imagined this.... (my nieces, however, would love that)

Did you tell this Dr. Spock? He'll love it!

Some of those hair peices with combined hats look great on the dolls, I like the maiden and cowgirl especially, they look perfect!

Quite eye opening how well the system parts go with the dolls, you have demonstrated much potential!

Sorry to bump this old thread :blush:

I have a few more i would like to share:

The barman from the prancing pony: Barliman Butterbur

14267034531_DISPLAY.jpg

Lothlorien elf soldiers, they use Elrond's body and Aquaman's head

14267036701_DISPLAY.jpg

14267038741_DISPLAY.jpg

Finally, although not missing characters I wanted to share these lake town guards I customized :

14267040291_DISPLAY.jpg

14267041921_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice minifigures :classic:

They all look great, especially Barliman Butterbur looks awesome! Just curious: Which torso did you use for him (because I haven't seen it before). Thanks in advance :classic:

Very nice minifigures :classic:

They all look great, especially Barliman Butterbur looks awesome! Just curious: Which torso did you use for him (because I haven't seen it before). Thanks in advance :classic:

Thanks! It's the Prospector from the minifigures collectible series. :)

Edited by Bugbot2008