just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Joker skins a man alive, makes a man masterbate to a photo of his daughter, then shoots him and rapes a woman. His kill list is at somewhere around 3000.

Then in TV he'll just hold up a bank, threaten to blow up bombs and THAT is why he gets a LEGO. Not the first. The first is too dark for LEGO

Yes that was part of my point, black mask doesn't fit in kids cartoons so he won't fit in Lego. And just as an aside Gordon doesn't masturbate to his daughter he is just naked when he is shown the pictures if that is what you are referring to (if it is he doesn't shoot Gordon he shoots Barbara and later Gordon's wife). Additionally, it is never explicitly said that Joker rapes anyone but he does kill and torture many people, just not in the Lego universe I presume. :laugh:

Guys...this doesn't belong here. LEGO will make any villain they see fit, regardless of their dark histories, merely because most of the characters have appeared in child-friendly media and are desirable to collectors.

I'm glad to get a Katana in any form. Not counting the divisive gray skin, her New 52 costume is much better than some of her old ones.

As for why she is gray (here and in recent comics), I think it's just an artistic look, like how Batwoman is given white skin besides not having any reason given.

Please stick to the topic of set rumors and discussion. We're getting a lot of reports about this discussion so if you are taking the topic off–track, please stop or we will have to start having discussions with people. Thank you.

Please stick to the topic of set rumors and discussion. We're getting a lot of reports about this discussion so if you are taking the topic off–track, please stop or we will have to start having discussions with people. Thank you.

Wait, are you talking about us discussing Katana's look that was just revealed? Because I don't think that's off-topic.

Wait, are you talking about us discussing Katana's look that was just revealed? Because I don't think that's off-topic.

I think more about who will/will not get a fig.

Hinckley's comment was general. He likes to make 'em big and bold because, well, people see them that way. I could start doing the same.

If you're discussing confirmed upcoming stuff, you're all good.

It's all the side stuff about characters' kill counts and the plausibility of getting characters that DOES NOT belong here. That's called SPECULATION.

@rob-ot5000, yeah, those legs are from Deathstroke. I don't believe Hobby got the dual mold, but people have been talking about using a spare pair of Deathstroke's.

I surely hope you are incorrect about Hobby's legs. In every picture I can find, they certainly appear dual-molded, so I'm going to assume they're reusing Deathstroke's legs. Ha, I panicked when I saw your comment and went scouring the internet for pics.

And since we're talking about Hobgoblin AND Deathstroke, I had to double-check what thread I'm posting on. Sheesh, old age.

I was also hoping Green Goblin's new legs would work with Battle Armor Lex, you know, give him some sweet purple boots, but even if the colors work out, that underwear printing kinda brings it down for me. I'm going to figure out my perfect BA Lex one of these days. I can feel it.

Oh, I guess I was wrong. I wasn't looking at the pictures when I said that, I just thought that's what had been said. It was probably before we had pictures at all that is heard that.

Excited for the Croc set (For every aspect of it besides Croc's...thing), but just noticed the crease in the middle of the BatTank's body.

http://zusammengebaut.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes-killer-crocs-sewer-smash-76055-international-toy-fair-2016-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann.jpg

Looks kind of goofy like that, I'm hoping that's a "battle-mode" or something, like the Arkham Knight Batmobile, and it flattens out in the meantime.

I think the designers for Chima were onto the croc set. They needed a new place somewhere in the lego office right? But seriously though, i think kids love these vehicles. Especially the younger ones. All these detailed figs are just lego showing us afols love.

For overall value, I'd say the Fear Harvest, which has some nice models and great figures. Second would be the Gotham Chase for giving Harley a proper vehicle and Harley herself. Worst may be the Batcave for sheer overpricedness. Croc's set is very mediocre to me. While the tank is okay, it's not amazing me, and the figures, while necessary to my collection, are less interesting to me personally.

ok so everyone what is your favorite 2016 DC set so far? mine is the Killer Croc set!

Batcave, hands down.

Just noticed the sticker cool sticker on Red Hood's bike. Really can't wait for the Croc set.

Edited by AngelofVengeanceAzrael7

For overall value, I'd say the Fear Harvest, which has some nice models and great figures. Second would be the Gotham Chase for giving Harley a proper vehicle and Harley herself. Worst may be the Batcave for sheer overpricedness. Croc's set is very mediocre to me. While the tank is okay, it's not amazing me, and the figures, while necessary to my collection, are less interesting to me personally.

Batcave, hands down.

Good choices. I really like all of them. the harvest set looks awesome I can't wait for Blue Beetle and Killer Moth. I already have Scarecrow from the Arkham Asylum 2013 set i bought him off ebay just to save a lot of money. but since Ghost Rider has been made maybe Firestorm could be made down the road. i hope so! I mean they would have to make a new helmet mould but i don't think it will be as hard to do as something like Killer's Moth head piece. :wink:

Upcoming sets:

My must-buy: Gotham City Cycle Chase is my most anticipated, because of the first Deadshot figure and the first Harley Quinn that I like, and putting them both in a cheap pricepoint.

My will-buy: I'll get the Croc set when it comes out, almost purely for the minifigures and their Suicide Squad film "association". Croc's vehicle is crap, and while I like the BatTank, it wouldn't be enough for me to buy the set if the villains weren't associated with the Squad. If it had the Joker or Bane or something, I wouldn't get it.

My won't-buy: I like Scarecrow's combine, but other than that, the set does nothing for me. The Batcopter looks chunky to me, and the exposed studs on the fat tail makes it look like the designer got bored halfway through making it. Killer Moth (as a character) is lame imo, and I'd never even heard of the Blue Beetle before this.

And the Batcave, I'm completely uninterested in, both the price and the content, other than maybe the Batmobile.

I haven't seriously considered getting any Mighty Micros, but the gray Batman and Bane minifigures caught my eye.

Current (In America, at least :P ) sets:

I have the DoJ Batmobile and the Clash of Heroes.

Batmobile is my favorite set, though it's not stock (Wider body, wheel tracks, lower guns, better headlights) and the minifigures are meh.

Clash of Heroes a close second, with a meh build (Completely rebuilt this one) and cool minifigures. Armored Batman is awesome.

Edited by Deadshot

I'll be picking up the Helicopter for sure (Killer Moth and Scarecrow for my Batman's Rogues Gallery and Blue Beetle for my Teen Titans) and definitely the Bat-Tank (I love that Killer Croc, I know not everyone's into him, but I think he's perfect) and I love Red Hood so that's an easy sell. I'll grab the Gotham City Cycle Chase too, but mostly for Deadshot. I'm not a huge fan of New52 designs, so Katana and Harley aren't really doing it for me. Oh! and I'll definitely be picking up a Cosmic Boy minifig from somewhere, and hopefully they'll round out the Legion Of Superheroes with some other characters!

The Batcave I'd LOVE...but that's only gonna happen if I get way more $$$ coming my way than I expect, but I'd love to get it - I was a HUGE fan of the show growing up.

The Gotham City chase is a must buy. Getting Deadshot and Harley in the same set is awesome. The Batcycle in this set is based on the "Bat-pod" and it's probably the closest thing we'll ever get. (aside from the limited edition)

The Scarecrow set is good but I don't dig the blue highlights on the copter. The Batwing is Bat's primary air transportation, he doesn't need a crappy chopper.

The figs in this set are good, I'm gonna get Beetle and Scarecrow. I'm not going to get Killer Moth cause he's a pathetic character. I really like Scarecrow's vehicle :classic:

I think I'm going to buy Croc's set at some point cause the figs are gold in this set. Boomer,Jason and Katana are perfect in imo. I'm gonna replace Katana's hairpiece with the Black Widow's (in black). The "Bat-Tank" is cool....I guess?

BTW Do you think we're going to get sets from Justice League: Part 1 (2017)?

The Gotham City Chase and Scarecrow set are definitely top priority. I'll be buying the rest when I can, especially the BvS Batmobile and some of those Mighty Micros. The Batcave looks like I'll have to pass, and the BvS Batwing is probably going to wait for a holiday or a clearance sale, despite how much I love that new Wonder Woman.