Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Wait, why didn't they just use Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs from the Bridge Battle in this set?

Maybe so Green Goblin and Hobgoblin can have similar weapons, but they can look like different 'tech' or something? Some variation? (Or Lego just didn't think about it as much as we do lol)

Wait, why didn't they just use Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs from the Bridge Battle in this set?

TLG works in mysterious ways.

I mean, if you don't mind going the non-purist route, I'm sure you could remove Ghost Rider's head and re-glue the flame piece onto another? But yeah, you'd probably have to get a spare figure for that, unless you're not a Ghost Rider fan :tongue:

Maybe it's hard to get the stud hole the right diameter in trans-clear plastic?

That's rediculous, it's a name for crying out loud. Do people working there named Dick have to censor their names too?

Well, to be fair their actually name is Richard (how that works I don't know :laugh:), but I guess if any one calls them dick they both loss their jobs then? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thank you.

Here are three pictures of the bike. When I saw the first pictures, I didn't like it at all. Now in person it looks a lot better. Especially the skull at the front is really cool looking. The bike is not perfect by any means, but better than imagined. I'm still trying to find a good solution to transform a normal Lego bike into the Hellcycle.

And yes, the figure is awesome. One of the best this year so far, I would say.

bike01e3pan.jpg

bike02q4p6i.jpg

bike035tp7i.jpg

Awesome thank you! At first I was surprised by the bike, but I love it. I still think it needs some printing and I'd prefer they gave it handle bars GR could actually grip but hey. I can tell it's loosely based on the one in the current MC(artoon)U as seen in agents of S.M.A.S.H.

If the green goblin bomb is kragled as well, then it's a shame we only get one of them in the bridge set. I hope he's popping up at bnp then :-s

Ghost and hobbie are looking sweet btw. Hobbie will be my new favorite minifig!

This Ghost RIder set is a must buy for super hero fans. Although his head is dualmolded or glued (or whatever Disney magic they use :laugh: ) they both are outstanding figures!

Are we absolutely sure the sets are releasing June 1st? They haven't been listed on the Lego site or anything...

Give the site some time, plenty of previous waves weren't on the Lego site until way closer to their actual release date.

are the marvel superhero sets being released the 1st of june in the uk

the hobgoblins face print is perfect for a moc version of etrigan from dc comics

Give the site some time, plenty of previous waves weren't on the Lego site until way closer to their actual release date.

Or until the day of sometimes as well.

are the marvel superhero sets being released the 1st of june in the uk

Yep, they were up for pre-order on the Amazon UK site for a while before being taken down, release date is June 1st (same for Star Wars and most other themes I believe).

I must say the entire summer lineup is incredible! Definitely picking up the Ghost Rider and Bridge Duel sets, along with the Tanker Truck Takedown. Hopefully the latter will be released in the June along with the rest of the sets here in the UK. These sets are the best yet in my opinion, finally in regards to both the minifigures and builds.

Sooo August for us Americans. Again.

:ugh:

Well at least you can take consolation in the fact that you can get promos and polybags for lower prices and first, because although people who live in Asia like me can get sets earlier, but we have to buy said promos and polybags from secondary markets at around 400-500% of what you guys pay in the US. Sometimes even more...

Well at least you can take consolation in the fact that you can get promos and polybags for lower prices and first, because although people who live in Asia like me can get sets earlier, but we have to buy said promos and polybags from secondary markets at around 400-500% of what you guys pay in the US. Sometimes even more...

Same goes for Canada too. Side note, CM4Sci, did you know you have 6660 posts right now? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Fitting that's near the ghost rider posts.

Edited by Kman860

Same goes for Canada too. Side note, CM4Sci, did you know you have 6660 posts right now? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Fitting that's near the ghost rider posts.

Oh, cool. 5 more posts and then I'm literally the devil. :devil:

gr033eyon.jpg

gr043bai7.jpg

I'm not a superhero fan myself. I enjoy marvel films a lot but as you can tell by my sig and avatar i'm a SW guy.

That being said I don't understand why everyone is so upset by the Ghost Rider figure? If the head didn't look like a a standard mini figure head I feel there wouldn't be this crushing disappointment. I for one love his head and the fact it's all one piece. Did Lego screw up? yes most certainly by not making the flames removable. However Ghost Rider's look is going to be unique to him and there's something that makes sense about the design.

If the flames were just a hair piece you could tell because it's translucent. This makes it look like the skull's actually on fire. Not only that but I think it's clever the mold has the appearance of a standard head instead of a more realistic looking skull.

Edited by Forresto

Wait, you can't take the flames off?? Woah. That's pretty ballsy. I don't know how I feel about that. I was looking forward to using that fire for some purist figures like Firestorm, but this adds something really unique to the figure, something really interesting. It makes me hope that some of these figures we've been wanting to make with that piece might not be far from an actual set if they were willing to make a mold like this..

Here's my 10¢ (my 2¢ is free) on the Ghost rider thing. Yeah it's kinda a bummer you can't reuse such an awesome piece but from just looking at where the flames meet the head there would be no way for it to stay on there if it wasn't dual molded on. I doubt you could use the piece on other minifigs if you took it off anyway, as it doesn't look like there is room for the head stud in it!

Here's my 10¢ (my 2¢ is free) on the Ghost rider thing. Yeah it's kinda a bummer you can't reuse such an awesome piece but from just looking at where the flames meet the head there would be no way for it to stay on there if it wasn't dual molded on. I doubt you could use the piece on other minifigs if you took it off anyway, as it doesn't look like there is room for the head stud in it!

A nuisance :wink: