Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

The Civil War minifigs look utterly fantastic - especially Wanda and Rhodey.

Finally picked up a Silver Centurion today - truly a gorgeous figure in every single respect. Anyone who misses this variation has a huge hole in their collection in terms of quality of minifig - the legs and arms in particular will be staples of purist Iron Man customs for years to come - definitely want to bricklink a few of these printed legs.

New War Machine and Scarlet Witch are all the reasons I need to buy that Airport Battle set! The build is meh, but minifigs are worth this 80$ price point. It's a shame there's no standout CW set, unlike AoU line that had Hulkbuster Smash.

Does anyone have any info on that gun Agent 13 is holding in the pic? I don't have a single set with that piece in it, but I've seen Lego guns like that, which I assumed were custom. Is Lego including a realistic looking weapon rather than a stud-blaster?

Does anyone have any info on that gun Agent 13 is holding in the pic? I don't have a single set with that piece in it, but I've seen Lego guns like that, which I assumed were custom. Is Lego including a realistic looking weapon rather than a stud-blaster?

That gun piece is from the Indiana Jones sets. A similar mold was used in the original Batman line.

Yeah, these gun molds were introduced and used in the Indiana Jones and Original Batman themes, but haven't seen much use since. It's nice they're including them again. I know Bucky has one in the BP set.

They're being brought back, they previously appeared in the original Batman theme, the Inidan Jones theme, and then a Star Wars set last year for Sabine Wren.

Annnnnd, ninja'd.

This gun piece has been around since 2008:

62885.jpg

See http://www.bricklink...colorID=11&in=A for a list of sets that include it :wink:

That's the long barrel version of this sort of gun. The 2006-2008 Batman sets also had a short barrel version that was a softer kind of plastic:

bb192.jpg

http://www.bricklink...colorID=11&in=A

Edit: Ninja'd by three people while I was writing this :blush:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Wow! Thanks for the info Sir Gareth, Ultron, Aegis2000, and Lego-Freak. I only collected a few Indy sets and never ran across this gun and I collect Star Wars, but not Rebels so I never saw it there either. Funny to be collecting Lego since 2009 and not see such a useful part, like a realistic looking gun.

War Machine isn't black, is he? I can't tell if it's that or the dark pearl grey color.

War Machine isn't black, is he? I can't tell if it's that or the dark pearl grey color.

Yes War Machine is black.

And so is the armour.

Sorry, I have a terrible sense of humour.

Yes the War Machine minifigure for Civil War is black in colour to more acuratly portray his apperence in the movie.

The 2013 figure was Dark Bluish Gray with predominantly silver printing. The 2016 version will be Black plastic with silver printing on the faceplate but predominantly dark metallic gray printing on the body. Both seem to be accurate to the incarnations they were designed to represent:

• IM 2 had a black and silver War Machine
  • IM 3 had a red, blue, and silver War Machine (Iron Patriot)
  • IM 3 concept art, merchandising, and affiliated materials depicted a gray and silver War Machine, but he didn't appear in the film proper
  • AoU basically replicated the version of War Machine designed for IM 3
  • CW will have a black and silver War Machine again for the first time since IM 2

I really like that, too. I have some of those from the old Batman sets (mostly the Tommy Guns tho) and I always liked them. I dislike how they give every single figure those bulky stud shooters nowadays. Even Stormtroopers in battle packs ARGH! I have as many super jumpers and stud shooters as brick seperators now :wacko:

Edit: typo

Edited by KCMatze

I'm kinda surprised too considering the guns from the alien invasion theme are used en masse. I do wish they would have used these guns for Falcon instead of the alien blasters even though they are still cool guns. They're just way over-used.

Edited by ToaDraco

I'm surprised they're not using stud shooters and brought the Indy guns back.

I am super happy that they aren't overusing stud shooters in Superheroes line, like they do in SW. I'd rather have this older style guns and Alien Conquest guns than stud shooters. Also I will have to replace War Machine's stud shooter with a black lightsaber to make him look like previous War Machine.

I am super happy that they aren't overusing stud shooters in Superheroes line, like they do in SW. I'd rather have this older style guns and Alien Conquest guns than stud shooters. Also I will have to replace War Machine's stud shooter with a black lightsaber to make him look like previous War Machine.

Same here

The 2013 figure was Dark Bluish Gray with predominantly silver printing. The 2016 version will be Black plastic with silver printing on the faceplate but predominantly dark metallic gray printing on the body. Both seem to be accurate to the incarnations they were designed to represent:

• IM 2 had a black and silver War Machine
  • IM 3 had a red, blue, and silver War Machine (Iron Patriot)
  • IM 3 concept art, merchandising, and affiliated materials depicted a gray and silver War Machine, but he didn't appear in the film proper
  • AoU basically replicated the version of War Machine designed for IM 3
  • CW will have a black and silver War Machine again for the first time since IM 2

This is a very good summary. A couple of additional points:

1) One of the confusions surrounding WM is that even though there was never an official Mark 1 variant released -- TLG's first WM variant, Mark 2 (which is clearly printed on the torso) looks more like Mark 1 than Mark 2 (at least in color)

2) The other confusion is that there are actually 3 different Mark 2 variants (2 normal WM variants and the 3rd being Iron Patriot, which is technically still a WM variant -- hence the 002 designation). Confused yet? Continuing, the first Mark 2 which appeared in IM2 is more a darkish gun metal grey with dull grey highlights. The second Mark 2 (which I refer to as Mark 2.1) which appears in AoU is clearly black with grey / silver highlights

3) The CW variant -- Mark 3 -- continues the black / grey color scheme of the 2.1 with red accents in the arc reactor / eyes.

At any rate, here are my variants as an illustration (from Left to Right: WM Mk 1, WM Mk 2, Rhodey, IP, WM Mk 2.1)

20032502549_8cddfa580e_c.jpgWar Machine / Iron Patriot / James "Rhodey" Rhodes [VARIANTS] [MOC] [MCU] by agoodfella minifigs, on Flickr

Edited by agoodfella77

War Machine & Falcon highlight the fact that Lego really should start printing a darker grey colour.

Edited by LMB10

Well I think we will see Hawkeye in the mystery 4th set. I mean a character as popular as that can't surely be a popybag.