Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Maybe they were fighting the budget of the set and had to pick and choose which minifigures got the most ideal printing. Given that Goblin was offered in the Juniors set, it kinda makes sense to have him stand out from that version in this set. Basically, making people buy the same figure twice, but giving them a good reason to.

Some odd design choices in that bridge set - we run the guantlet from ultra detailed (Goblin) to minimalist (well, the rest really...) - it's as if multiple designers were fighting for creative control...

I disagree! I think Scarlet Spider has all the detail we could hope for, assuming his logo is correct, and that's the only angle we haven't really seen for him. He's got web-shooters printed on his wrists and his belt printed too. And Kraven, wow, what a jumble of animal printing! He looks so fabulous! I can't tell how much detail Scorpion has either, but he also doesn't require much. As for Spider-Woman, well.....yeah. Pretty darn plain. But again, they all look fantastically representative of their comic counterparts. Totally on-point. But that's okay, we can disagree :classic: I do think the ramshackle, half-destroyed look for the bridge was taken a touch too far, and the same-old-same-old Spidey is boring, but neither of those are a big deal for me.

On a separate note, I just got my Iron Fist figure from eBay. Now I can't wait for Doc Ock's new set so I can steal his legs!!

Just looked at the box art, looks like Goblin is out of Robot Chicken. His mouth looks like its coming out of his face :grin:

Hate to break it to you, but Iron Fist and Doc-Ock appear to be two different shades of green :sceptic:

No.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

For realsies? UGGGG, that was THE biggest selling-point for me.

EDIT: is there some weird coding thing that changes U-g-g into "stupid dead sheep shoes"???? Every time I type that, it gets posted as "stupid dead sheep shoes". WHAT THE HECK???

TEST:

stupid dead sheep shoes (U-g-g)

stupid dead sheep shoes (u-g-g)

stupid dead sheep shoes (U-G-G)

Uggg (U-g-g-g)

UGGG (U-G-G-G)

Edited by rob-ot5000

Hate to break it to you, but Iron Fist and Doc-Ock appear to be two different shades of green :sceptic:

You're right, doc ock is bright green, while iron fist is regular green. Still useful for a classic electro.

You're right, doc ock is bright green, while iron fist is regular green. Still useful for a classic electro.

I was all worried about the yellow vs bright light orange (or whatever it's called), I didn't even suspect the green might be different. I am crestfallen, my friends. CRESTFALLEN.

I was all worried about the yellow vs bright light orange (or whatever it's called), I didn't even suspect the green might be different. I am crestfallen, my friends. CRESTFALLEN.

That, my friend, is now the word of the day

Hmmm, although accurate to Doc Ock, it would be far more useful if the legs were in the normal green color. :cry_sad:

I like the Bridge's box art a lot. The blue contrast very well. :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

I find it funny the box just has the "SPIDER MAN" logo now. The new sets have some minifigures based off of Ultimate Spiderman, but more than 90% of the minifigures are based off of comics. I'm glad we're getting comic based looks and not the crappy ultimate Spiderman costumes. I enjoy the comic inspired sets.

Is there a better quality picture of the box art than the one that's on BrickSet? It seems like people are talking about details I'm just not even seeing.

@Legocity2713 - I definitely agree about the green legs :wink:

I find it funny the box just has the "SPIDER MAN" logo now. The new sets have some minifigures based off of Ultimate Spiderman, but more than 90% of the minifigures are based off of comics. I'm glad we're getting comic based looks and not the crappy ultimate Spiderman costumes. I enjoy the comic inspired sets.

Yes!

Anyway, Her's my opinion on the sets:

Bridge Battle: Yes, yes, and YES! Comic Goblin, Kraven, Scorpion, Aunt May, Ben Riely, a decent setpiece, yes, yes YES! To bat on th ereuse for Kraven and aunt May, and Spider woman is a lazy figure. Still the best spiderman set ever (Which, sadly, isn't really saying much.)

Doc Ock: White tiger, finally! And another sinister six member? Oh yeah! Really digging Ock's new look.

Ghost Rider: Wow. Ghost rider, Hoobgoblin, in a $20 set? Yes!

Defiantly picking up all these.

Then I realized I still have to pick up almost every other spiderman set in the last 2 years :cry_sad:

Which explains the smaller and less Ultimate Goblin, Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider, Hobby, Cap Stacy (still unhappy) and Ghost Rider.

Doesn't explain why Kingpin is now Kraven though ;)

Is there a better quality picture of the box art than the one that's on BrickSet? It seems like people are talking about details I'm just not even seeing.

@Legocity2713 - I definitely agree about the green legs :wink:

:wink::thumbup:

Now for a tidbit of knowledge. The number of times this Spider-Man torso/head combo will appear in sets at the of 2016 is a whopping total of...

15! Including polybags and Juniors sets. 2 have red hips, 1 has red boots, 12 have regular blue pants.

Plus, the original 2000 figs (originals plus wrestling variant), 4 Plus set version, DUPLO figure, key chain, magnet (removable head), Iron Spider, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Miles Morales Spider-Man and Spider-Girl. Plus maybe a fig in the 4th Civil War set?

Edited by Legocity2713

:wink::thumbup:

Now for a tidbit of knowledge. The number of times this Spider-Man torso/head combo will appear in sets at the of 2016 is a whopping total of...

15! Including polybags and Juniors sets. 2 have red hips, 1 has red boots, 12 have regular blue pants.

Plus, the original 2000 figs (originals plus wrestling variant), 4 Plus set version, DUPLO figure, key chain, magnet (removable head), Iron Spider, Scarlet Spider, Ultimate Miles Morales Spider-Man and Spider-Girl. Plus maybe a fig in the 4th Civil War set?

Wow. More great knowledge of Super Heroes:

Number of times Kingpin has appeared without his own minifigure: 2

Number of popular Stacy's: 0

Number of Doctor Octopi: 7 (one different variant per set!)

Number of actual different Spider Man/Peter Parker variants included in Super Heroes: 5 (including Juniors, Micros and Civil War) throughout 15 sets

Aw man :cry_sad:

Number of actual different Spider Man/Peter Parker variants included in Super Heroes: 5 (including Juniors, Micros and Civil War) throughout 15 sets

Wow, that is way too many. Meanwhile, number of Batmen....over 30. But really, although I like the Spierman sets we've gotten for the most part, Lego needs to expand their horizons.

I just wish Gwen was in the set... although, given her history with bridges, I don't blame Lego for steering clear of that particular association.

On one hand I can see them not wanting to create a set where you can recreate her death scene. On the other hand there was two other sets she could have come in.

Overall I kind of get the feeling her lack of an appearance was probably budget based. In each set only one character has dual molded legs, not even Spidey gets them even though the part was already produced. For her classic trench coat she would require dual molding on her legs in addition to printing. Then there's a hairpiece with a headband printed on (Spooky girls hair in a blonde tone I'd hope). It would be an expense and ultimately they probably weighed character popularity. I hate to admit it but I really would hate to sacrifice any of the three dual molded minifigures we got, so I can understand holding off a bit longer on Gwen. Spider-Gwen wouldn't be much better with her blue shoes, arm printing and hood printing.

Obviously there were budget constraints here, hence all the recycled parts. Hopefully they'll get to her eventually. I'm still hoping for an exclusive of some kind.

So sets like this question how much I care about Spider-Man..at those prices I can't justify the lackluster sets, but I wouldn't mind the figures. That's why I haven't picked up the sandman set. It didn't look worth it for what I'd want...it's a shame really.

So sets like this question how much I care about Spider-Man..at those prices I can't justify the lackluster sets, but I wouldn't mind the figures. That's why I haven't picked up the sandman set. It didn't look worth it for what I'd want...it's a shame really.

I get how you feel. I like the bridge, not sure if its worth all the money though. Don't even know about Doc Ock set. I only want the 4 exclusive figures from it

I second that request. Hopefully the rumours about Hawkeye appearing in a polybag are true.

Agent 13 looks very Black Widow-like in those new pics. Glad we're getting her, but its a shame she doesn't use the blonde version of her hairpiece. Would look a lot more accurate than the ginger one.

I really hope we get Vision, too. I get that Lego might want to keep him exclusive to the AoU Quinjet set, but it's quite disappointing not being able to get the full teams from buying all the Civil War sets.