Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

if they couldnt even get practical costume hawkeye right, wonder what sort of inaccuracies their spider man will have.

A wrong spider-logo on the chest, if what I've been seeing on toys is correct.

That Captain America fig looks cool!

Even though the head is tanned and the torso is a little inaccurate. Yeah it is great. Still no leg printing though

I'm pretty sure CM4Sci is being ironic and poking fun at Hawkeye's Cap face.

I like the fig, and recycled faces don't bother me. I recycle faces all the time to fill out MOCs (and torsos, legs, wigs, hats ...). I also swap pieces between figs of the same character, so I will happily swap an old HE face for a new figure. I will probably do the same for War Machine. And my AoU Cap is holding the original dark red shield.

I want to hand my hawkeye an arrow, so I give him this piece in silver

18041.jpg

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=18041&idColor=95#T=C&C=95

Any other options?

Does anyone know if the new Hawkeye has a printed quiver on his back (like 2012 Hawkeye) or not (like AoU hawkeye)? I want him to have one, but the lego quiver looks a tad silly on him in brown or red, and they don't make the black ones anymore.

Have I missed something, or main summer wave of super heroes is appeared firstly in Ukraine?

0_184565_2306dbb_L.jpg

0_184566_469eaff8_L.jpg

Same with DC

Edited by dimaks13

Yep - when I was in Berlin last December I saw a couple Star Wars bits which were due out in Jan in their Lego store. Not sure why they get them early? Luckily it was Star Wars as I didn't want to pick them up.. would have come home with less money and a heavier suitcase if it was DC/Marvel stuff :grin:

I wish they put ant man in 76067 instead of cap just so teams could be completed

We do have Ant-Man. Two of him. In one set.

It's no longer in production. they thought this was good enough so they didnt put old one back in production for this set.

If you're talking about the original 2012 head, you're right, it IS (probably) no longer in production. I doubt the Age of Ultron head from last year is phased out, though. They could have easily used that.

Well, kind of. It's not like they have carte blanche - anything would have to be submitted to Marvel for approval, and Marvel doesn't seem too interested in marketing X-Men merchandise lately. We'll surely get more X-Men sets eventually, but they seem destined to be few and far between.

So if the new Xmen movie does well, Lego could decide to release some sets "sort of" based on it? Obviously they couldn't say "X-Men Apocalypse" on the package, but they could release a set with characters from the film, but just under the Marvel Super heroes line?

So if the new Xmen movie does well, Lego could decide to release some sets "sort of" based on it? Obviously they couldn't say "X-Men Apocalypse" on the package, but they could release a set with characters from the film, but just under the Marvel Super heroes line?

If Disney let them, then yes.

It's no longer in production. they thought this was good enough so they didnt put old one back in production for this set.

Isn't it still in production with the UCS Helicarrier?

If Disney let them, then yes.

Who owns the rights to Marvel merchandise? I'm pretty sure I bought Fantastic Four and X-Men action figures in the Disney store before. So I don't know if they own Marvel out right now, or just the merchandise? But my point is, money is money. If the new X-Men film does well, why would you NOT capitalize off of that, if you are able to. I understand that they are competing film studios, but Fox can't make toys based on the films. But Marvel, and by extension Lego CAN make toys that are similiar to the film, but are based off of the comics and it would be completely legit.

Just think about the one Wolverine Lego set released a few years back. It had Wolverine, his motorcycle, and a hellicopter (if my memory serves), sounds an awful lot like a scene for the first Wolverine film. Yet the set was still made.

Who owns the rights to Marvel merchandise? I'm pretty sure I bought Fantastic Four and X-Men action figures in the Disney store before. So I don't know if they own Marvel out right now, or just the merchandise? But my point is, money is money. If the new X-Men film does well, why would you NOT capitalize off of that, if you are able to. I understand that they are competing film studios, but Fox can't make toys based on the films. But Marvel, and by extension Lego CAN make toys that are similiar to the film, but are based off of the comics and it would be completely legit.

Just think about the one Wolverine Lego set released a few years back. It had Wolverine, his motorcycle, and a hellicopter (if my memory serves), sounds an awful lot like a scene for the first Wolverine film. Yet the set was still made.

We've covered this before, but it is many pages back. Disney/Marvel are actively avoiding merchandising for X-Men and Fantastic Four, most likely because they don't own the film rights. They have been gradually scaling back merchandising for these properties, and have even begun revising artwork from the 80s to remove these characters when released on merchandise sold today. There have been two X-Men sets and one SDCC fig, but there is consensus that over the two years since the last one, the merchandising block has gotten much stronger. You would be hard-pressed to find lots of merchandise from 2015 with X-Men characters, especially compared to how much merch. is out there for Avengers family characters.

Yes, they would make a lot of money if they made more X-Men stuff. We can speculate as to why they aren't doing that, but clearly they think it is in their interest not to.

X-Men are probably getting less popular with kids as we haven't had an X-Men cartoon in many years for the same reason.

On the plus side, with fewer toy/cartoon tie-ins, the X-Men movies can be more grown up, hence the R-rated Deadpool. Toy sales were off the table, so Fox could take a risk for a movie you can't sell toys with. The next Wolverine will also be R-rated.

Unfortunately, we are not likely to get X-Men sets in the near future, if ever. MOC away!

(Noticed I didn't answer your question, Disney/Marvel controls all merchandising rights, Fox only owns film rights and has struck a deal for limited TV rights.)

Edited by linnormlord

Who owns the rights to Marvel merchandise?

So ever since Disney acquired Marvel they own merchandising rights to all marvel properties, live action, cartoon, and comic. This is why you don't see action figures for the Xmen movies, because Disney does not greenlight it. Lego is in a similar boat, Disney doesn't want promotion for opposing studios so they don't let Lego cover Xmen or F4. We did get those other two Xmen sets before but like he said below, it would seem the relationships between the studios has gotten worse ever since I think Fox quickly threw together the 2015 F4 movie in order to block the rights from reverting back. Someone tell me if any of this is wrong.

This is getting a bit too off-topic.

We know there's bad blood between Marvel/Disney and Fox which unfortunately means no X-Men or FF. Let just leave it at that and discuss the sets we do get shall we? Thanks! :thumbup:

Hawkeye looks amazing! He even has new leg printing. It's definitely not accurate to the movie, but accurate to concept art. If he was just black, that would be boring, the purple really makes him stand out.

It might be more accurate to just say that Marvel has all of the merchandising rights, but yes Disney does own Marvel entirely.

There's no way we're getting anything for Apocalypse, even in comic-set form like we did for Days of Future Past. That set came out about the same time as the movie, not after based on how well the movie did.

I'm guessing a part of the reason is that Marvel is starting to put out more and more of its own movies, and Lego is starting to produce at least one set per movie (a trend that I should hope will continue--GotG2, Spidey, and Thor 3 next year? :D ), so even if Marvel/Disney didn't mind a little Xmen merch, Lego has plenty of other stuff to flesh out its waves.

Edit: Sorry, started typing before Nemo had posted. Takes a while in mobile :P Feel free to delete this post if it's too off-topic.

On Hawkeye: am I the only one considering just giving him both of Superboy's arms (since I dunno what other 'fig I'd give just one short sleeve) and maybe even blond hair to make a more comic/animated show look? Either way, I'm psyched for that torso, and the legs are generic enough to find plenty of uses for--not that they look bad on Hawkeye. Can't wait to get a better look at Spidey ^_^

Edited by JaseTJ

Does anyone know if the new Hawkeye has a printed quiver on his back (like 2012 Hawkeye) or not (like AoU hawkeye)? I want him to have one, but the lego quiver looks a tad silly on him in brown or red, and they don't make the black ones anymore.

While the black quivers are no longer in production, there are a few available fairly cheaply on BrickLink. http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=4498&idColor=8#T=S&C=11&O={"color":"11","st":"4"}

I recently ordered a few to improve my Superhero archers, and I have an extra one ready for CW Hawkeye.

27047192131_f0f85dc09c_c.jpg

27082341556_0d39fc84c8_c.jpg

I think they look great! :sweet:

As a left-handed archer myself, I just can't bring myself to put the right-handed quiver piece on my Hawkeye fig. :tongue:

^I'm not a lefty, but I was about to mention that. Even on the original 'fig the quiver was printed backwards. D:

As a left-handed archer myself, I just can't bring myself to put the right-handed quiver piece on my Hawkeye fig. :tongue:

^I'm not a lefty, but I was about to mention that. Even on the original 'fig the quiver was printed backwards. D:

Gahh! I hadn't noticed that before. Now it's going to bother me to no end. Look what you've done... :hmpf::laugh:

Hawkeye looks amazing! He even has new leg printing. It's definitely not accurate to the movie, but accurate to concept art. If he was just black, that would be boring, the purple really makes him stand out.

Tell me, what part is innacurate apart from the belt?

Actually, Hawkeye is ambidextrous. His quiver is always facing for a left handed shooter, but he can shoot with either hand, as shown in Thor. So you could technically use the inaccurate quiver and pretend he's just shooting as a righty! (Although it wouldn't work for the CW variant as the sleeve is on the wrong arm, and the Avengers variant would have the glove on the wrong hand)