Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

12 hours ago, hikouki said:

Nice job! Would it work if you added some sort of cape?

imo the cape doesn’t mesh well with the shoulder armor piece. The best looks are either the one above or a black hood + cape.

Maybe a thin Mando Battle Pack cape but it doesn’t match the size of his robes in the show. That variant does work well for Shin, though.

Edited by Pedilego

Indeed, cape plus pauldrons does not work at all. The thin cape works for Shin, but I think her slender physique would be ruined by any Lego shoulder armour - quite unlike Baylan as Stevenson was a bear, and the pauldrons emphasize that niceley.

I also agree that hood and cape are a nice combination as well.

1 hour ago, Flieger said:

Indeed, cape plus pauldrons does not work at all. The thin cape works for Shin, but I think her slender physique would be ruined by any Lego shoulder armour - quite unlike Baylan as Stevenson was a bear, and the pauldrons emphasize that niceley.

I also agree that hood and cape are a nice combination as well.

I agree, I think the Beskar Mando arms work really well for Shin, giving her her armor while keeping her slender. Wheras the armor above is perfect for Baylan.

20 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, I think the Beskar Mando arms work really well for Shin, giving her her armor while keeping her slender. Wheras the armor above is perfect for Baylan.

Interesting idea! I had not thought much about upgrading Shin, but maybe that would be a good option.

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It looks like one of the Minifigs in the Orient Express has dual-moulded medium nougat/brown legs! Boots for NR officers finally? 

NR?

Can someone recommend a better skirt piece for Morgan Elsbeth?
Plain black seems boring and there must be a better way.

On 10/15/2023 at 7:53 PM, Flieger said:

Can someone recommend a better skirt piece for Morgan Elsbeth?
Plain black seems boring and there must be a better way.

What about this old slope-piece skirt?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3678bpb033&idColor=11&name=Black Slope 65 2 x 2 x 2 with Bottom Tube with Minifigure Dress / Skirt / Robe, Light Bluish Gray Panel Pattern&category=[Slope, Decorated]#T=C&C=11

It was 100% perfect for 2015 Asaaj Ventress (based on 2003's Clone Wars shorts), and although isn't anywhere near as accurate for Morgan Elsbeth, it could at least provide some dynamic texture.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Doing a little Clone Wars updating:

Ahsoka has medium legs and the face from the AAT/Duel on Mandalore variant. Clone Captain Not-Rex has pauldron and kama from the older Clone Wars sets.

Ixvwu3k.jpg

Padme from the new Gunship gets dual moulded legs and Fox gets a kama and more accurate visor colour. I didn't realise they'd changed the mould for that piece, but the old black visor doesn't fit as well unfortunately.

qqPoC9r.jpg

Bonus round: 

2J50cpm.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place for this? But I created Some Minifigs from The Ewok Adventure of Mace Towani (and Cindel is behind him)

IMG_1362.jpeg

On 10/17/2023 at 12:03 PM, Daddy_Stardust said:

What about this old slope-piece skirt?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3678bpb033&idColor=11&name=Black Slope 65 2 x 2 x 2 with Bottom Tube with Minifigure Dress / Skirt / Robe, Light Bluish Gray Panel Pattern&category=[Slope, Decorated]#T=C&C=11

It was 100% perfect for 2015 Asaaj Ventress (based on 2003's Clone Wars shorts), and although isn't anywhere near as accurate for Morgan Elsbeth, it could at least provide some dynamic texture.

Thank you! I will try that out.

They are old ones, but I think it will be a nice idea to post them here...

Early (left, 2012 torso) and late (right, 2014 torso) Stormtrooper armour types, distinguished by the dot pattern on the belly. Late-type stormtrooper armour was only seen in ROTJ:

Lego custom minifigures - A New Hope stormtrooper vs Return of the Jedi stormtrooper

ANH Darth Vader (Rebels torso works best) with red eyes and black paper cape:

Custom Lego A New Hope Darth Vader minifigure

Vader's paper cape:

Custom Lego Darth Vader cape

Imperial astromech droids (stickers):

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - Imperial astromech droids

Custom sandtrooper backpacks - more accurate than the official versions:

Custom Lego sandtrooper backpack

All 7 desert troopers seen in the 1977 version of the movie - completed with dewback lizard:

Lego MOC - Tatooine sandtrooper detachment

Later sandtroopers got more accurate rifles without gunsights. Thrawn's Grand Admiral uniform is of late type, with two-row red and blue post-Yavin insignia plaque:

Updated custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - sandtroopers and Thrawn

Tarkin and the guards:

Custom Lego minifigures - Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin and a pair of Imperial Guards

Custom IT-0 "Doctor Ball" droid:

Custom Lego minifigure - Doctor Ball

Death Star Superlaser operators:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - Death Star superlaser operators

Death Star space stormtrooper:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigure - space Stormtrooper

Death Star Gonk Droid and Imperial Intelligence officer:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - Imperial GNK 'Gonk' droid and Intelligence major general

TIE pilots with balaclavas. The 2018 Solo movie helmet is my absolute favourite because of the oxygen tube pattern:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - Imperial TIE fighter ace pilots

The minifigures were upgraded for my stop-motion 1977 ANH project.

Hope you like them!

Edited by Max_Lego

Non-ANH upgraded minifigures:

Snowtroopers (knee pads are stickers):

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - snowtroopers and E-Web blaster

Construction worker (known as 'the Imperial janitor'), seen in the background in ROTJ:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigure - mysterious blue uniform, black helmet background guy from Return of the Jedi

Emperor's guard with custom paper cape:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigure - Emperor's guard

Guard cape:

Custom Lego Emperor's guard cape

Legends Space trooper:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigure - Zero-G space trooper

2 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Legends space trooper:

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigure - Zero-G space trooper

Ooh I like your idea for the arms! Might make use of that for a minifig hardsuit.

28 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Ooh I like your idea for the arms! Might make use of that for a minifig hardsuit.

Thanks!

Just started reading the thread (gone through a dozen or so pages).  This is awesome.  I have been trying to build the Red/Rogue squad pilots (rogue is crazy expensive and I don't have a good hobbie option yet) For Rogue squadron I am using the older Hoth pilot torso and legs since it looks more accurate to Hoth than this version.  I also started ordering the dual molded legs for imperial officers off pick a brick (for $.70 each).  And I have been picking up the officer from the Darth Vader obi wan dual set (costs less to buy her than to buy the hat separately).

Anyway here are my current red squadron pilots.  I don't use custom parts and don't want to use the UCS pilot Luke torso and legs due to cost.  I am wondering if the Luke Skywalker mech will have printed arms, then I will need to decide if I upgrade them again with something more affordable.Untitled.jpg.6fa680cd87889cf6e4ec1a8cb18f0811.jpg

11 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Early (left, 2012 torso) and late (right, 2014 torso) Stormtrooper armour types, distinguished by the dot pattern on the belly. Late-type stormtrooper armour was only seen in ROTJ:

Lego custom minifigures - A New Hope stormtrooper vs Return of the Jedi stormtrooper

Very clever! BTW, a cheaper way of making early/late Stormies would be to keep the 2014 torso for the RotJ ones, but use the new 2023 torso for the earlier one. It lacks the circle on the belt, but it is easier to source than the 2012 version, and the stomach plate is more accurate. Also, 2014 has the stomach dots on the Trooper’s left (accurate to RotJ), while 2023 has them on the right (accurate to ANH/ESB). 

11 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Emperor's guard with custom paper cape:

This one looks great! Much better than any regular cape.

4 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Anyway here are my current red squadron pilots.

Very nice :thumbup:

Today the Star Wars parody webcomic Blue Milk Special is celebrating its 15th anniversary! Sadly, the comic hasn't been updated since July 11 2023. I decided to celebrate this date by recreating some memorable characters!

Custom Lego Star Wars minifigures - 15 years of BMS

13 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Very clever! BTW, a cheaper way of making early/late Stormies would be to keep the 2014 torso for the RotJ ones, but use the new 2023 torso for the earlier one.

Thanks! I don't really know whether the 2023 Stormie is cheaper than the 2012 one, but the 2012 torso looks more like the 2014 than the 2023 does. And yes, I prefer the 2014 helmet.

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

This one looks great! Much better than any regular cape.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Today the Star Wars parody webcomic Blue Milk Special is celebrating its 15th anniversary! Sadly, the comic hasn't been updated since July 11 2023. I decided to celebrate this date by recreating some memorable characters!

Whoa, those are awesome! And also thanks for reminding me of that comic, it's been a long time since I last checked it and while it's a pity they've stopped updating for the moment I still have a lot of unread strips to discover :)

53 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

Whoa, those are awesome! And also thanks for reminding me of that comic, it's been a long time since I last checked it and while it's a pity they've stopped updating for the moment I still have a lot of unread strips to discover :)

Thank you! :classic:

On 3/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, bountybossk said:

Made a few small updates. Left to right:

- Head from the TLBM character pack on the Hoth rebel officer.
- Updated Toryn Farr with Jyn face and more accurate bun hair.
- My own (WIP) Tarkin. I don't like the official head with the far too dark eyebrows, so I'm using Vulture's head. Really want to replace the torso.
- I finally have a pilot for my Imperial shuttle as I found the Kyber saber magazine with Death Star trooper. Used that new torso from 75159.

32562003034_943d8202b7_z.jpg

Which bun did you use for Toryn Farr?  I wanted to update her as well (the hair they picked is way off).  (also the vulture print for Tarkin is really good)