Peteris_Sprogis

[MOC] Galaxy Train

I recently got a haul with an incomplete Galaxy Squad 70709 set which features some nice pieces.

Getting new pieces in collection always inspires me to see what can I build out of them so I made a Galaxy Squad-ish train locomotive.

1024x684.jpg

1024x684.jpg

1024x683.jpg

at latest LATLUG public display at "Kids World 2015" fair in Riga, Latvia

1024x684.jpg

during the display there was a crash and it drove off the table but it was fixable within few minutes

1024x768.jpg

in comparison to #60052

1024x565.jpg

and a video featuring Galaxy Train in action

And btw in case if You are interested

the intsructions of Galaxy Train are available at my EBAY store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171753349765

Thanks for Watching!

Edited by Peteris_Sprogis

Nice work. I think the middle section could be a bit lower to the track to match the front of the train.

COOL !

I like it, futuristic and plausible too (I can see something like that on rails in the real world in a few years).......great work 'Peteris_Sprogis' and Brick On ! :grin:

This is really cool. If there was still Monorail sets being released, this is exactly how I'd imagine a Galaxy Squad Monorail set would look like.

I love the use of that bubble canopy for the front windscreen. And the lime and azure colors work well together. Great build and a wonderful source of inspiration for 6 wide space themed train.

Cool, great build!

How did you do the technic behind the 'forklift' loading the train in the video??

Cool, great build!

How did you do the technic behind the 'forklift' loading the train in the video??

Probably magnets? Came out great! I think the forklift deserves its own topic/video too.

Probably magnets? Came out great! I think the forklift deserves its own topic/video too.

Forklift is made by Eurobricks & Flickr user De-marco! Check his Flickr for more info, etc.

I just bought a pdf of this off ebay. I hope it was you selling them and not some hacker person.

I m going to brick link that thing as soon as i get the file

I hope to be able to mod a slug engine to go behind the engine. My plans are to just add peices to extend the center of the car instead of having a driver section. Mabe add a second train motor there.

It would be nice to have some futuristic rail cars as well.

COOL !

I like it, futuristic and plausible too (I can see something like that on rails in the real world in a few years).......great work 'Peteris_Sprogis' and Brick On ! :grin:

It would need ejector seats though. A collision of any kind would be instant death

Forklift is made by Eurobricks & Flickr user De-marco! Check his Flickr for more info, etc.

In the Flickr video, you can see the forklift is moved by a thin Technic liftarm. Very cool build indeed. [/hijack]

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I just bought a pdf of this off ebay. I hope it was you selling them and not some hacker person.

I m going to brick link that thing as soon as i get the file

I hope to be able to mod a slug engine to go behind the engine. My plans are to just add peices to extend the center of the car instead of having a driver section. Mabe add a second train motor there.

It would be nice to have some futuristic rail cars as well.

Hi, Thnx for the purchase!

Everything is fine and it s no hacker person! SQVIK is my girlfriend's username and I m just posting stuff on her Ebay profile.

It s totally awesome You did not decide just to reverse engineer this thing but show respect to the author of design by purchasing the PDF.!

great moc would love that running round our shop window something a bit more futuristic

Hi, in case if You are really really :) interested

the instructions on how to build the Galaxy Train are available for purchase at my Ebay store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171753349765

Yes Pete. I saw a youtube vid of that train before i saw it here. I knew i had to have one. My building skills and parts bin are not full enough to build something like this. Maybe i can lean someting about how others make mocs when building the train.

Keep it up and get to work on some cars to follow that thing. Hauling logs and boxes just dont look right. It would be like the engine from the 60052 pulling the coal tender from the emerald night

I finally got the parts to finish my copy of your build. A few peices have yet to show like the blasters for the rear and ir reciever.

8562F40C-D54A-45C8-AFAB-BA24C911B0D4_zpsmdzsxhxy.jpg

With green vents

B4A4167E-C794-44A9-BDC6-C7117EB33CE3_zpsdtiyr69u.jpg

With blue vents

427195F7-5EC0-45C8-B855-DC2E1A23E408_zpsqrgpax0f.jpg

I had a fun time linking all the parts and doing this build

Edited by lanesteele240

What a great futuristic loco, well done, now add some crazy theme carriages to it :sweet:

With the latest train win at BrickWorld being the "Princess Train" and Philly BrickFest train winner being the "Ghost Train," theme trains are certainly getting a lot of respect at AFOL events this year in the United States.

This has me thinking about expanding both of my theme train layouts for the years down the road.

Awesome looking train! I have wondered a few times about converting non train sets into trains.

I have used the Technic 42022 to make an interesting shunter.

Are there any others out there doing this? i.e. take a clearance item Lego set and convert it to a train

Are there any others out there doing this? i.e. take a clearance item Lego set and convert it to a train

Well, not clearance and not train... but I did a bridge ;-)