Thanks for review Just2Good! The Gaming Cabinet looks great.

I think my Kwik E Mart is going to have a redecoration...

Well, the Midway Arcade set is a must have for the next wave. Just like Aquaman.

I really am curious how the midway arcade adventure world will look like. :-)

I really am curious how the midway arcade adventure world will look like. :-)

I think that the world will be a large arcade room wirth multiple games from Midway Arcade that you can play.

It's just an Easter egg, no Dimensions sets for it in the next two years at the very least, doubt we'll ever get anything else on it. Carry on.

Because you obviously know so much can I ask a cheeky question, do you know if any more doctor who themed packs are on there way?

Because you obviously know so much can I ask a cheeky question, do you know if any more doctor who themed packs are on there way?

No more. :sad:

With each new version I don't think they'll make more of a particular property. Unless it's a different thing. For example, two rumored things people have been talking about are LEGO Teen Titans Go for Dimensions and LEGO Ghostbusters 2016 for Dimensions. Assuming this is true, sure, it's more DC Super Heroes and Ghostbusters in Dimensions, but it's different and more specific from those other two properties that were in the first iteration of Dimensions.

With each new version I don't think they'll make more of a particular property. Unless it's a different thing. For example, two rumored things people have been talking about are LEGO Teen Titans Go for Dimensions and LEGO Ghostbusters 2016 for Dimensions. Assuming this is true, sure, it's more DC Super Heroes and Ghostbusters in Dimensions, but it's different and more specific from those other two properties that were in the first iteration of Dimensions.

Except a whole load of file names were leaked for characters and among them were Amy, Rory and River Song so it seems pretty likely they at least will be released (especially when the level pack is apparently being sold at excessive prices at the moment because it's so popular it's hard to get hold of it now).

Except a whole load of file names were leaked for characters and among them were Amy, Rory and River Song so it seems pretty likely they at least will be released (especially when the level pack is apparently being sold at excessive prices at the moment because it's so popular it's hard to get hold of it now).

I know you love Doctor Who, but don't throw out blatantly false statements to 'prove' what a great seller Doctor Who LEGO is… The Dimensions packs are currently on sale at Amazon, for one, as are most Dimensions packs.

And a whole bunch of other names like Barney from the Simpsons and Super Secret Police from the LEGO Movie and Ninjago Civilian. Because they're SURE to be in packs, right? Of course not. You don't have to listen to me, but don't be complaining if your hopes are let down.

I think it makes a lot of sense not to go back to the same well often. If Lego starts to make deeper line-ups of the same IPs then it could show favoritism and make the whole Dimensions concept seem like a popularity contest. This way if Lego goes with as many IPs as possible the whole game becomes more diverse and it helps retail partners view the game as endlessly expansive.

Sure, I really like Doctor Who, but what would an Amy or Rory really bring to the table?

I've also not seen much in the way of consistent selling out. Yes, product ebbs and flows and there was a time when it first dropped that the Doctor Who packs were scarce, but now everything seems back to being well stocked.

Sure, I really like Doctor Who, but what would an Amy or Rory really bring to the table?

Companions.

It's really odd to have the Doctor as a playable character in the game without at least one or two companions. The show is usually always more the companion's story than the Doctor's after all. Even taking into account the classic series, it was more about Ian and Barbara, Sarah Jane, Ace etc...

Thats a shame,but following on from that logic if Class is a big success then then is a small chance for more packs but of course thats very unlikely and I would be really shocked if they made class dimensions pack and the class adventure world would be weird and overlap with the Doctor who one a bit as would any even less likely sja or torchwood adventure worlds from any Sarah Jane Adventures or torchwood packs.That said an sja level pack with Sarah Jane and mr smith would be great as would any others like Clyde, Slitheen,Luke,graske, groske , maria, the bane(mrs wormwood ),commander kaagh,Blathereen or even the trickster, but as I said those would be unlikely as I doubt many of you will have heard of them and kids from outside the uk won't have either.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Companions.

It's really odd to have the Doctor as a playable character in the game without at least one or two companions. The show is usually always more the companion's story than the Doctor's after all. Even taking into account the classic series, it was more about Ian and Barbara, Sarah Jane, Ace etc...

I definitely don't watch Doctor Who for Amy. It's not the "Amy and Ragedy Man" show after all. Besides companions would have barely any mechanic/function in the game.

I definitely don't watch Doctor Who for Amy. It's not the "Amy and Ragedy Man" show after all. Besides companions would have barely any mechanic/function in the game.

Actually, it pretty much was during series 5-7. The Doctor isn't really the main character in his own show; the purpose of the companion being there is that we see it through their eyes and how their life is changed because of the Doctor. If you take away the companion from the equation, you're left with very little.

Of course, there have been companion-lite stories (The Deadly Assassin, Midnight, the Specials...) but they're treated as one-offs.

LEGODalekbuster523, you seem to be forgetting two pretty big things about that list:

1. That file was for ALL the minifig models in the game, both playable and NPCs. Sure, those names appeared, but when it's in a file filled with characters such as "LEX GOON" there's no guarantee that any of them are future packs.

2. The files for future "2.0" characters literally have the prefix "ZEUS2" in front of them. Hell, they're literally yelling at us what ones are future characters and which aren't. Harry and Hermione have this prefix, so they're in. Amy and Rory don't, so they're not. Easy as that.

See, was that hard?

LEGODalekbuster523, you seem to be forgetting two pretty big things about that list:

1. That file was for ALL the minifig models in the game, both playable and NPCs. Sure, those names appeared, but when it's in a file filled with characters such as "LEX GOON" there's no guarantee that any of them are future packs.

Except Amy, Rory and River only appear in a picture and not as characters in the game.

2. The files for future "2.0" characters literally have the prefix "ZEUS2" in front of them. Hell, they're literally yelling at us what ones are future characters and which aren't. Harry and Hermione have this prefix, so they're in. Amy and Rory don't, so they're not. Easy as that.

What if they're not 2.0 characters but ideas for future releases though? It might be an idea they have in mind for 2017.

Except Amy, Rory and River only appear in a picture and not as characters in the game.

What if they're not 2.0 characters but ideas for future releases though? It might be an idea they have in mind for 2017.

We have had the most reliable insiders on this site say time and time again that there aren't any more DW Dimensions sets coming. I have no idea why this is even still a discussion, or why the mods have allowed it to go on this long.

Personally, I love the idea of Dimensions not going back to the well with additional waves of sets from themes they've already done. I'd much rather have Dimensions either serve as a way to provide an additional minifig or three for new "one-and-done" themes, like Original Ghostbusters or Doctor Who, or to give us some figs for themes that they aren't going to build full sets around, like Portal. If we're only going to get ~15 Dimensions minifigs per year, I'd rather get ones that give us something truly iconic that won't appear in regular sets.

Edited by BrickSantorum

We have had the most reliable insiders on this site say time and time again that there aren't any more DW Dimensions sets coming. I have no idea why this is even still a discussion, or why the mods have allowed it to go on this long.

Only about this year, not next year. The point is Amy, Rory and River are files in the game and are not currently characters in it. Same with Barney Grumble. They could be sets planned for 2017 - 2016 focusing on establishing new franchises for a future 2.0 update and 2017 seeing the return of past franchises alongside the new ones.

Enough with the non-physical character discussion. This thread is specifically for physical Dimensions bricks, not digital ones. Speculation or assumptions of what could show up does not in any way, belong here.

Its no different to how LEGO does heads for characters like Chewie in the Star Wars sets.

Anyone know the release date for the Slimer pack?

Edited by jonwil