Sign in to follow this  
CCOOK

MOC: Victorian House

This is the one off of eBay - I bought all the parts for this about 5 months ago and took my time building it:

2cpyteh.jpg

5a0tb4.jpg

6ofpxu.jpg

24grck6.jpg

vgj3ac.jpg

The model had a lot of instruction and design faults so buyer beware; it seems apparent from the instructions that the designer never built the model from actual LEGO bricks and plates.

-CCOOK

Edited by CCOOK

Inside is fully furnished with all kinds of crazy stuff - the house is from instructions from "Fully Brick Models" that I bought off eBay a couple years ago.

It is hard to reassemble once the roof and sexond floor are removed - I will post some older photos from during the build.

-CCOOK

Edited by CCOOK

LOVELY! Thanks for the photos! Design and colors look wonderful. Landscaping is also well put together.

Must have eaten up a zillion or so LEGO. Will you be able to display it at any LEGO events or is it too fragile to move? (You must not have little ones in the house by the looks of this!!!)

Holy. Crap.

How many pieces are in this?

You must've used thousands for the roof and exterior walls shingles alone. Not to mention that chimney built up entirely of 1x1 round plates. *huh*

Very nice, I love Victorian houses. It would be interesting to know the total piece count for this project.

How are the house's siding tiles secured at that kind of an angle? They almost look like slopes, slopes attached with modified bricks studded on one side, but slopes aren't made in that length, that I've seen - right?

Were the gardens your design, or were they included in the .pdf...?

Trees - that's where I'm at now, I've always been intimidated by good tree builders, and now that I too am working on a Victorian project, it's building trees that are my current bane. Building organic forms with LEGO, with brick, must be one of the most difficult challenges of this medium. But I think I've gotten close to what I imagine.

This build must've inspired you to try something more, of your own, to go a little further... Thanks for sharing it.

Wow, great! I wonder how many bricks you used? Probably more than I have in my whole collection :grin:

I heard from another guy who made this a few years back that there are over 21000 pieces in it - there are a lot of really rare expensive parts in here as well - all in all probly cost about $2500 to build - I will followup with some interior photos as everything inside is decked, carpetted, and furnished.

This is a nifty design. Dig the roof. Great angles. How much more work was this with the issues with the instructions?