That is definitely something I'll be looking forward to. Of all Akiyuki's contraptions, the 'invisible lift' has got to be one of the most complex. Others were more or less 'easily' reverse-engineered in a German forum (Doktor Brick).

Is there an English version of said "reverse-engineered" GBCs?

Not quite sure what you mean. But try and search google for GBC Doktor Brick. Few active members on that forum have made LDD instructions of some of Akiyuki's machines. If you want to read the comments in english (they are in German), you can ask google/chrome to translate such web-page.

http://www.doktor-br...hread/?pageNo=7

Make sure you scroll to the first page, and start from there.

Does this answer your question or I missed the point?

PS. I hope it's ok to post a link to an outside (similar) forum.

Edited by DrJB

I am thinking about bricklinking the parts just need to decide what colours to use. One question what balls do I need and where can I get them in good numbers?

Original Lego balls are rather pricey ($1 each). SOme people have used bead/balls from China of similar size. DO a search on this forum for China GBC and you might find them.

I finished this beauty!!! Thanks for Akiyuki, TheRebricker and Blackbird^^

Edited by jesuskyr

I am thinking about bricklinking the parts just need to decide what colours to use. One question what balls do I need and where can I get them in good numbers?

LEGO Sports balls. The old soccer and basketball printed ones are expensive, but the blank orange and white with logo ones from Friends are currently produced. I recommend LUGbulk, I bought 450 balls last year.

^ Thanks was going to ask if these are the same as the old ones, how does LUGbulk work?

Blakbird, you're the man here! :excited:

Incredible work and impressive review, excellent renders :thumbup:

Have already downloaded the LDRAW file and say: Thanks for the massive effort :classic:

Greetings

Alex

^ Thanks was going to ask if these are the same as the old ones, how does LUGbulk work?

You join a LUG. The LUG joins the program. The LUG picks 85 elements they want to order, then each member orders from that selection. Ordering is done in January, delivery in May or later.

Note that the printing on the white Friends balls can wear off:

I might pick some up and help that happen quicker :grin:

Thanks Blakbird and TheRebricker for all the work you have done.

You finally talked me into building this masterpiece.

I like the tile floor, it really has a brewery/factory 'look and feel'. It's a pity that it would cost me about 120 euros for a one-time project.

So I'm going to make a rainbow version, according to Rebrickable I have most of the parts.

A baseplate and some buckets came in last wednesday and I bought a box (8 euro) of 100 plastic 14mm marbles of the "Quercetti" brand which are almost perfect.

For my own GBC experiments I used the bigger 'Zamor Spheres' which were a lot cheaper than the 'official balls.'

A few parts are maybe tied up in my 42009 (Crane) and 8043 (Excavator), demolishing time coming up. :look:

I have the same problem with parts tied up in built sets I also need to decide on colours before I bricklink.

I might pick some up and help that happen quicker :grin:

You could turn Akiyuki's balls cleaner GBC into a Friends balls purple print remover. :laugh:

You could turn Akiyuki's balls cleaner GBC into a Friends balls purple print remover. :laugh:

Is there a cad file for the zigzag lifter by akiyuky?

Yesterday I finished building the Ball Factory. It does not run smooth yet. I have a feeling I need to spend a few hours checking every joint and slightly adjusting the timing. For those that have build this: how much time did it take to make it run effortlessly, with no friction?

Yesterday I finished building the Ball Factory. It does not run smooth yet. I have a feeling I need to spend a few hours checking every joint and slightly adjusting the timing. For those that have build this: how much time did it take to make it run effortlessly, with no friction?

I checked friction and function at each step along the way, so it ran smoothly as soon as I got it finished. I couldn't say exactly how much time I spent getting it in that condition, but I'd estimate that I spend as much time tuning it as I did building it.

Yea that is something you got to make sure and check as you build it. Many things could be happening here causing your bind I cant tell you exactly what but at least give us an idea so we can have a fix to the problem.