darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

On 4/15/2020 at 1:49 PM, NeutralNoodle said:

I would love if they released $20 or $30 sets of main ships in the vein of the Slave I from 75222. Smack dab in the middle of Microfighter scale and system scale sets, but more sophisticated than the 4+ stuff. A Slave I with Boba Fett and Carbonite Han, Millennium Falcon with Han and Chewie, maybe even a U-Wing with Cassian and K-2SO, plus all the Rebel and Imperial fighters.

These would be great for people who aren’t satisfied the caricatures of the Microfighters sets but don’t necessarily want or afford the system scale sets. 

Interesting idea, it could sell for figures alone if they do sets like the ones you're saying.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Interesting idea, it could sell for figures alone if they do sets like the ones you're saying.

I'm gonna buy the 4+ snowspeeder for Wedge and bought the 4+ Tie for the rebel trooper, so yes, I would love to get sets on the lower price range with interesting figs without them being microfighters or simplified jumbles of large pieces :D

My predictions for the next few UCS sets:

September 2020: AT-AT, $500
May 2021: Republic Gunship, $200
September 2021: Jedi Temple, $350
May 2022: U-Wing (this may be wishful thinking on my part), $200
September 2022: Imperial Shuttle, $400
May 2023: Jabba's Sail Barge, $200
September 2023: Nebulon-B Medical Frigate, $400

EDIT: LEGO probably already has a TIE Bomber designed, so realistically that would probably come before a U-Wing.  :sceptic:

Edited by RogueTwo

42 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

September 2020: AT-AT, $500
May 2021: Republic Gunship, $200
September 2021: Jedi Temple, $350
May 2022: U-Wing (this may be wishful thinking on my part), $200
September 2022: Imperial Shuttle, $400
May 2023: Jabba's Sail Barge, $200
September 2023: Nebulon-B Medical Frigate, $400

EDIT: LEGO probably already has a TIE Bomber designed, so realistically that would probably come before a U-Wing.  :sceptic:

This actually sounds very realistic. Only thing I'd say is Jedi temple seems unlikely, and I'd almost expect another remake of the death star in there. I think U-wing isn't too much to expect for 2022, the film made a fair amount of money and it's a pretty recognizable vehicle, though I agree the TIE bomber should also be on there. (Side note, if we get a UCS TIE bomber before the first system one since 2003, I will officially give up on lego :laugh:)

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This actually sounds very realistic. Only thing I'd say is Jedi temple seems unlikely, and I'd almost expect another remake of the death star in there. I think U-wing isn't too much to expect for 2022, the film made a fair amount of money and it's a pretty recognizable vehicle, though I agree the TIE bomber should also be on there. (Side note, if we get a UCS TIE bomber before the first system one since 2003, I will officially give up on lego :laugh:)

I hope you're right about the U-Wing not being too unrealistic!  Looking back at the 2016 set, it leaves a lot to be desired, and I think a minifigure-scale UCS would truly do it justice.  Plus, we don't seem to get ANY Rogue One except in large, exclusive sets such as Darth Vader's Castle, the Tantive IV, and the UCS Y-Wing.  I guess maybe the movie isn't that kid-friendly, haha.  :vader:

The Jedi Temple is a bit of a long shot, and I don't even really want it, but I know a lot of people have been asking for it, and I think the only way to do it justice would be a huge playset.  

Personally, I think all the TIE ships are ugly, but like I said, I tried to make my list as realistic as possible, and I'm glad you agree!  :sweet:

5 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

The U-Wing is by far one of my favorite ship designs to have come out as of late, so I'm totally on board for a UCS version (plus the last version's portions aren't that great). Downside is it's still fairly new and LEGO has barely even touched the prequels yet in terms of UCSs, but Rogue One does seem fairly well liked (even among people who are mostly OT fans from what I've seen) and it fits with the other Alphabet Squadron type ships. IMO it's one of the strongest possibilities for a UCS set that isn't from the OT or PT.

I think the best shot that the Jedi Temple has is if it's in the same style as the Architecture series. A play set would have to be massive and I just don't think it has the same widespread appeal like the Death Star for a large play set to sell super well. Plus having it purely as a display piece would prevent any association with Knightfall, which LEGO wants to avoid.

Sail Barge, Nebulon-B, and the another AT-AT are definitely inevitable inclusions.

An Imperial Shuttle that's sizably larger than the last (which was already minifig scale I believe) seems unlikely to me, but is possible since the ship is so iconic.

Personally, I would also love to see a UCS set of The Ghost, but that will probably never happen :shrug_confused:

6 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

An Imperial Shuttle that's sizably larger than the last (which was already minifig scale I believe) seems unlikely to me, but is possible since the ship is so iconic.

Personally, I would also love to see a UCS set of The Ghost, but that will probably never happen :shrug_confused:

I didn't mean a larger Imperial Shuttle, just an overpriced one!  :laugh:

I think The Ghost absolutely needs a remake.  I refuse to pay the eBay prices, especially since the first version wasn't even that great.  A minifigure-scale Ghost would be larger than the Falcon, which would be stupid, but I could see it being in the same scale and quality of last year's Tantive IV, or even a $160 System-scale set.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

minifigure-scale

Oh ya, I definitely don't want that. The Tantive IV is a good comparison. ~$200 set that includes Ghost + Phantom with accurate exterior and minimal interior space that isn't to scale. Old one is so expensive now and is really not worth it for the quality

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I hope you're right about the U-Wing not being too unrealistic!  Looking back at the 2016 set, it leaves a lot to be desired, and I think a minifigure-scale UCS would truly do it justice.  Plus, we don't seem to get ANY Rogue One except in large, exclusive sets such as Darth Vader's Castle, the Tantive IV, and the UCS Y-Wing.  I guess maybe the movie isn't that kid-friendly, haha.  :vader:

The Jedi Temple is a bit of a long shot, and I don't even really want it, but I know a lot of people have been asking for it, and I think the only way to do it justice would be a huge playset.  

Whaaaat? The one where vader slaughters a ton of rebels in cold blood.....isn't kid friendly? :laugh: I agree, but the U-wing isn't related too any of the darker scenes (unless it's literally dark, in which case I guess eadu :grin:), but that might be a factor keeping them down.

Same opinion about the jedi temple. It'd best be done as an MBS, but it's unlikely.

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I think The Ghost absolutely needs a remake.  I refuse to pay the eBay prices, especially since the first version wasn't even that great.  A minifigure-scale Ghost would be larger than the Falcon, which would be stupid, but I could see it being in the same scale and quality of last year's Tantive IV, or even a $160 System-scale set.

I'm lucky enough to own one (I think I got it for like $80, sans figures....I still need zeb :sad:), but I agree the fact that it's risen to such bonkers prices is evidence enough it needs another set.

I'll exercise caution and put these TCW 7x09 "old friends not forgotten" sets into a spoiler, but there's nothing major.

be warned it's very unrealistic, there's 4 battle packs. :laugh:

Spoiler

Mandalorian/332nd battle pack: 2 332nd troopers (jetpacks), Male good mandalorian, female good mandalorian. Build is meant to resemble a crashed LAAT.

Separatist battle pack: 4 b1s, super tactical droid, 1 b2. Build is that command thing they were in.

Battle of yerbana: Dwarf spider droid, some cover, and the obligatory inaccurate BARC. Figures are a 212th trooper, Cody, a 501st jet trooper, and 2 b1s. $39.99

maul's Gauntlet starfighter: Captain Vaughn, Bo-katan, Maul, Saxon, mauldalorian $69.99

LAAT: 2 p2 501st pilots, Rex (jetpack), Ahsoka, 332nd trooper (jetpack), good mandalorian, Rook Kast, mauldalorian (x2) $129.99

Following @Mandalorianknight's example and putting my battle packs into spoilers.

Spoiler

332nd Company Troopers Battle Pack: Captain Vaughn, 2x 332nd Troopers, 1x 332nd Jet Trooper (Jet Trooper with new helmet). Microfighter style LAAT.

Siege Mandalorians Battle Pack: Bo-Katan Kryze, Nite Owl, x2 Mandalorian Soldiers. Microfighter style Gauntlet fighter.

Super Commandos Battle Pack: Gar Saxon, Rook Kast, 2x Super Commandos.

7th Sky Corps Troopers: Super Battle Pack. Commander Cody, 3x 212th Troopers. Tri-Droid, Tank Droid. $29.99

Reserving any Maul vs Ahsoka set ideas for later in the season.

Season 7 spoilers and some baseless speculation:

Spoiler

I believe the 501st set is supposed to be loosely based on the Battle for Yerbana or at least based on concept art of it given the inclusion of the 501st Jet Trooper and the box art IMO kinda resembles the setting, which leads my to think the AAT will be as well and are designed to battle each other. Minifig prediction: Super Tactical Droid, Super Battle Droid, a couple B1s, and one Republic minifig from that battle (ex. Rex, Anakin, Cody, ect).

Then 75291 (I saw it mentioned somewhere as supposedly being around $100, but don't know if that's an actual leak or a random guess) will also be based in some capacity on S7. Random prediction (aka wishlisting):

The Siege of Mandalore - $100

Part count: ~800

Includes a more beefed up Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter than the last one (either a generic version or the Night Brother) and a small build of the throne room kinda like the duel sets we've gotten.

Minifigs: Ahsoka, Darth Maul, Bo-Katan, a 332nd, and a Super Commando.

I still can't believe that in more than twenty years of Lego SW we haven't been getting a molded Bantha, Luke's Home and the Jedi Temple yet! :devil:

But I would go even further - namely I'd like to see a whole D2C Coruscant playset to replay mainly the end of episode 3 (my favourite episode of all SW movies), but even scenes of other parts and episodes:

D2C 18+ Coruscant Playset (400-800 Euros)

- Jedi Temple (interior: Jedi council room, meditation room, library, padawan training room and security room) with stairs in front

- Senate building (interior: Palpatine's office, Palpatine's audience room, corridor and part of the Senate conference hall) with landing platform

- tall building (interior: bar downstairs and Padme's and Anakin's apartment upstairs) with landing platform

- vehicles: Anakin's fighter, public transport vehicle, Republic Gunship and a "car" (like the smaller vehicle one in 7133: Bounty Hunter Pursuit)

- minifigs: Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, bar keeper, pilot, Clone Commander, 2x Imperial Royal Guard, 2x Clone Pilot, 2x Jedi Padawan and 2x Clone Trooper

What do you think of it?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

13 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I still can't believe that in more than twenty years of Lego SW we haven't been getting a molded Bantha, Luke's Home and the Jedi Temple yet! :devil:

But I would go even further - namely I'd like to see a whole D2C Coruscant playset to replay mainly the end of episode 3 (my favourite episode of all SW movies), but even scenes of other parts and episodes:

D2C 18+ Coruscant Playset (400-800 Euros)

- Jedi Temple (interior: Jedi council room, meditation room, library, padawan training room and security room) with stairs in front

- Senate building (interior: Palpatine's office, Palpatine's audience room, corridor and part of the Senate conference hall) with landing platform

- tall building (interior: bar downstairs and Padme's and Anakin's apartment upstairs) with landing platform

- vehicles: Anakin's fighter, public transport vehicle, Republic Gunship and a "car" (like the smaller vehicle one in 7133: Bounty Hunter Pursuit)

- minifigs: Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, bar keeper, pilot, Clone Commander, 2x Imperial Royal Guard, 2x Clone Pilot, 2x Jedi Padawan and 2x Clone Trooper

What do you think of it?

Great idea, but split it into a wave:

Jedi Temple for $100-$120 USD, similar in size and style to the Ninjago movie Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon 70617

Senate Building for $100-$120 USD, ditto

Tall Building for $100$120 USD, similar to the upcoming $100 Avengers Tower or the $120 Vader's Castle in size and build style

Anakin's fighter for $20-$30 USD

Republic Gunship for $120 USD

Public Transport Vehicle for $50-$60 USD

Speeder Car for $20 USD

Total - $510-$590 USD, but you don't have to buy EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE so you can still get the parts you want if you're (relatively speaking) not made of money, and you don't have to get THE WHOLE THING if all you want is the Gunship or the Temple.

Spoiler

Here is my Season 7 The Clone Wars wave Wishlist so far. These would honestly sell crazy...

Ahsoka's Speeder Bike & Loadlifter £24.99: Ahsoka Tano, Trace Martez 

Droid Tri Fighter £34.99: Pilot Battle Droid, Admiral Trench 

Separatist Tri-Droid £49.99: Tactical Droid, Battle Droid(x2), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody 

Republic Z-95 Headhunter £59.99: Mace Windu, Phase II Clone Pilot(501st), Phase II Clone Trooper (Anaxes)

Darth Maul's Mandalorian Fighter £69.99: Darth Maul, Governor Almec (Gold Mandalorian Armour), Gar Saxon, Mandalorian Super Commando

The Havoc Marauder £89.99; Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair 

CIS Super Battle Droid MTT £119.99: Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid(x6), Anakin Skywalker, Clone Trooper Jesse 

Republic Gunship: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Bo Katan, Green Phase II Clone Pilot, 322nd Clone Trooper(x2), Nite Owl Mandalorian

Clone Wars s7 Wishlist 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I've just read in the HP forum, that the Death Star is at high risk of retiring soon.  If this is the case we will need a big playlet to replace this set. Personally I would hope the good guys get a turn and we get the Jedi Temple. 

On 4/18/2020 at 1:02 PM, ArrowBricks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Here is my Season 7 The Clone Wars wave Wishlist so far. These would honestly sell crazy...

Ahsoka's Speeder Bike & Loadlifter £24.99: Ahsoka Tano, Trace Martez 

Droid Tri Fighter £34.99: Pilot Battle Droid, Admiral Trench 

Separatist Tri-Droid £49.99: Tactical Droid, Battle Droid(x2), Obi-Wan Kenobi, Commander Cody 

Republic Z-95 Headhunter £59.99: Mace Windu, Phase II Clone Pilot(501st), Phase II Clone Trooper (Anaxes)

Darth Maul's Mandalorian Fighter £69.99: Darth Maul, Governor Almec (Gold Mandalorian Armour), Gar Saxon, Mandalorian Super Commando

The Havoc Marauder £89.99; Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Crosshair 

CIS Super Battle Droid MTT £119.99: Tactical Droid, Commando Droid, Super Battle Droid(x6), Anakin Skywalker, Clone Trooper Jesse 

Republic Gunship: Ahsoka Tano, Commander Rex, Bo Katan, Green Phase II Clone Pilot, 322nd Clone Trooper(x2), Nite Owl Mandalorian

Clone Wars s7 Wishlist 

I would buy most of these in a heartbeat, especially that gunship. We need a new system-scale LAAT.

On 4/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, Legoman123 said:

I've just read in the HP forum, that the Death Star is at high risk of retiring soon.  If this is the case we will need a big playlet to replace this set. Personally I would hope the good guys get a turn and we get the Jedi Temple. 

Given the past few times the death star retired, we'll just see another death star. Probably $600 with an updated figure selection and a few more parts. :hmpf_bad:

jedi temple would be great though, there are so many great sets we could have had from MBS if only it hadn't been discarded so soon.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I would buy most of these in a heartbeat, especially that gunship. We need a new system-scale LAAT.

Given the past few times the death star retired, we'll just see another death star. Probably $600 with an updated figure selection and a few more parts. :hmpf_bad:

jedi temple would be great though, there are so many great sets we could have had from MBS if only it hadn't been discarded so soon.

The thought has crossed my mind about the Death Star getting updated again, but surely with it been out for 12 years it’s time for a new play set.

I didn’t know they discarded it?:cry_sad:  I mean the Death Star wasn’t MBS it was just classed as UCS so we could still get huge play sets I guess.  

Just now, Legoman123 said:

The thought has crossed my mind about the Death Star getting updated again, but surely with it been out for 12 years it’s time for a new play set.

I didn’t know they discarded it?:cry_sad:  I mean the Death Star wasn’t MBS it was just classed as UCS so we could still get huge play sets I guess.  

Don't bet on it, that thing's been a staple of the line for forever.

We've had reliable sources confirm the MBS label is no more, but like you say that's not to say big playsets are no more. We had the endor village, assault on hoth and the death star all under the normal UCS label. Personally I'm hoping for the jedi temple, like you, but also the cantina.

ROTJ Wave 2

Jabba's Palace ($249.99): Has Jabba's throne, Rancor cage, Droid torture room, and front door (with security cam droid). Jabba the Hutt, Princess Leia (Boushh), Chewbacca, Han Solo (with new Carbonite block), C-3PO, Malakili, 2x Gamorrean Guards, Oola, Max Rebo, Tessek, EV-9D9, 8D8, Gonk Droid, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb. Rancor.

The Khetanna ($169.99): Includes a skiff. Jabba, Princess Leia ("Hutt Slayer" :wink:), R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, Barada, Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard), Boba Fett, Klaatu, Saelt-Marae, Ree-Yees.

B-Wing Starfighter ($69.99): B-Wing Pilot (Adon Fox), Ten Numb, Rebel Mechanic, Rebel Commando.

Millennium Falcon ($149.99): Lando Calrissian, Nien Nunb, Airen Cracken, Blount. For the figures, mostly.

Rebel Strike Team ($14.99): Speeder Bike, Commander Rex, 2x white Rebel Commandos, black Rebel Commando.

26 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

ROTJ Wave 2

Jabba's Palace ($249.99): Has Jabba's throne, Rancor cage, Droid torture room, and front door (with security cam droid). Jabba the Hutt, Princess Leia (Boushh), Chewbacca, Han Solo (with new Carbonite block), C-3PO, Malakili, 2x Gamorrean Guards, Oola, Max Rebo, Tessek, EV-9D9, 8D8, Gonk Droid, Bib Fortuna, Salacious Crumb. Rancor.

The Khetanna ($169.99): Includes a skiff. Jabba, Princess Leia ("Hutt Slayer" :wink:), R2-D2, Luke Skywalker, Barada, Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard), Boba Fett, Klaatu, Saelt-Marae, Ree-Yees.

B-Wing Starfighter ($69.99): B-Wing Pilot (Adon Fox), Ten Numb, Rebel Mechanic, Rebel Commando.

Millennium Falcon ($149.99): Lando Calrissian, Nien Nunb, Airen Cracken, Blount. For the figures, mostly.

Rebel Strike Team ($14.99): Speeder Bike, Commander Rex, 2x white Rebel Commandos, black Rebel Commando.

All these sets sound great, especially the new khetanna and MBS-style jabba's palace. I'll add some more, just for fun.

TIE interceptor ($69.99): TIE pilot, stormtrooper, officer, Fleet trooper

Imperial defense troops ($14.99): Scout trooper (x2), stormtrooper, imperial navy trooper. Build is a speeder bike and a little computer station like in the bunker

Endor Bunker Attack ($99.99): Large endor bunker with 2 speeder bikes. Comes with Han, Leia, Paploo, 2x rebel troopers, a scout trooper, 2x stormtroopers, and 2x navy troopers

Only suggestion is to replace one of the commandos with an ewok.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think anyone would!:wink: just can’t see it happening considering we are most likely getting a UCS Gunship next year... 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

All these sets sound great, especially the new khetanna and MBS-style jabba's palace. I'll add some more, just for fun.

TIE interceptor ($69.99): TIE pilot, stormtrooper, officer, Fleet trooper

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Tie Interceptor and Sail Barge need to happen. Add a skiff for the barge as a separate set and CRUCIALLY include 1/2 more figures because I doubt Slave Leia would be included and everyone is happy. Loads of Jabba’s henchmen and other creatures that could soften the blow and still serve the set well. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

I'm hoping for a playset-esque UCS set in the fall, and since they seem to steer towards the OT (at least until the Gunship comes out), that eliminates things like the Podrace, Geonosis, Theed, Jedi Temple, etc, so, here's a few OT ideas:

Yavin IV, $299.99

Similar in design to the sketch model that was shown maybe ten years ago, but much larger.  The front temple facade would be open on the back to reveal a main hangar bay on the ground floor, the command room on the second floor with all of the various screens and holographic displays, a room on the third floor where they briefed the pilots, and on top, teh throne room.  It would come with a midi-scale X-Wing and midi-scale Y-Wing, plus a small transport sled.  Of course, in the front would be the guard tower.  Minifigures would be Luke (pilot), Luke (celebration), Han Solo (celebration), Leia (normal), Leia (celebration), Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, Dutch Vander, an R5 unit, General Dodonna, 2x Rebel ground crew, 2x Rebel pilot (maybe Biggs and Porkins), and 4x Rebel Trooper.

Mos Eisley Cantina, $299.99

An accurately sized cantina in the style of the Simpsons sets, so that it hinges in the middle to allow access, but also can be displayed as a closed building.  Pretty self-explanatory as far as details, probably could have something similar to the sets in that Han can shoot Greedo and make him fall down and I could see them incorporating a few other play features into it as well.  Minifigures: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Ben Kenobi, Chewbacca, Greedo, Wuher, Ponda Baba (new molded head), Dr. Evazan, Momaw Nadon (using the Ithorian Jedi head piece), Muftak (using the Talz headpiece from the Freeco speeder, minus the plume), 5x Bith band, Kabe (possibly a new mold), Arleil Schous (aka wolfman, might require a new mold, or they could break out the Monster Fighters wolfman), Kardue'sai'Malloc (not sure how they'd do the horns...), Tonnika Sisters, a brick built Kitik Keedkak (the mantis thing behind Chewbacca at the bar), 2x Duros aliens (no new mold, just a green head), and 2x Sandtroopers.  

They could also release a character expansion pack (if there's an issue with this being considered an action figure, they could crete a "battle pack" or also include that white speeder we got in the 2016 cantina), sold around $25 that would include Boshek, another Sandtrooper, Myo, Hem Dazon, Snaggletooth, Nabrun Leids, and a Jawa.

If the gunship sells well I'd love to see a separatist ship as an UCS set, especially the Invisible Hand. There are so many CIS ships that have never been made at all: Providence, Munificent, Recusant, Diamond, Hardcell, Lucrehulk (core ship, battleship, or droid control ship), Mankvim-814 interceptor...

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think anyone would!:wink: just can’t see it happening considering we are most likely getting a UCS Gunship next year... 

Tie Interceptor and Sail Barge need to happen. Add a skiff for the barge as a separate set and CRUCIALLY include 1/2 more figures because I doubt Slave Leia would be included and everyone is happy. Loads of Jabba’s henchmen and other creatures that could soften the blow and still serve the set well. 

Yeah, that's why I'm disappointed about that vote. All these people voted for the UCS gunship, many for some reason believing it'd have tons of figures, and now the chances of a system-scale LAAT are near-zero. Then the LAAT UCS will come out with, say, a clone pilot, clone trooper, and for the fan vote jedi bob or captain fordo, and half the people who voted gunship start complaining about the figure selection, the set doesn't sell and we never get another prequel UCS. 

Sorry if that sounds pessimistic but I really want a system-scale LAAT.

21 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

If the gunship sells well I'd love to see a separatist ship as an UCS set, especially the Invisible Hand. There are so many CIS ships that have never been made at all: Providence, Munificent, Recusant, Diamond, Hardcell, Lucrehulk (core ship, battleship, or droid control ship), Mankvim-814 interceptor...

The providence and munificent really need sets, perhaps a providence and a venator as the flagship sets of the next big wave?