darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

Your characterization of your post as "necessary" has since been proven to be quite erroneous. And frankly, the Lego community doesn't "deserve" even more clone battlepacks, by simple logic we deserve the things we have not had in vast quantities. If you've been collecting Star Wars Lego for any number of years, you should already have, to quote Tion Medon: "Thousands of [clone troopers]."

Making this thread even more unnecessary are two already existing thread which covers the same ground as this one:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=107233

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16300&st=0

Hi CommanderBacara, and welcome to Eurobricks!

We already have a 'Future Star Wars Sets' thread which you can access via the main index. I'll merge this thread with it in a bit :classic:

I'll comment before this thread is merged. I don't really want more clones other than basic white armor Phase 1 troops and the 501st Legion. Everything else feels unneeded. But I would rather have more clones than say battle droids, I have way to many of those.

I do want a Re-released pack with the rebel troopers from 2007. I missed out on that.

I'll comment before this thread is merged. I don't really want more clones other than basic white armor Phase 1 troops and the 501st Legion. Everything else feels unneeded. But I would rather have more clones than say battle droids, I have way to many of those.

I do want a Re-released pack with the rebel troopers from 2007. I missed out on that.

Unless a clone BP was gonna have some specific characters (ARC Trooper versions of Fives & Echo, Phase II Wolffe, Cody), I'm with you there: plain Phase 1s or 501st Legion would be my preferences. I'd also like to see a new BP featuring the Rebel Fleet Troopers... new face prints with chinstraps, a better, older Pello Scrambas than just the youthful "smiling face" we got in the Planets set & Advent calendar... and maybe, unlikely tho it may be, they'll adopt the "small SW blaster with gray Technic half-pin on the muzzle" idea for making the DH-17s the RFTs use!

The plain Phase 1's and the 501st are also the only clone battlepacks I have any interest in.

Although I'm more interested in battlepacks for clean OT Stormtroopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Tuskens, Jawas, Ewoks, Gungans, Mandalorians, Nightsisters, Naboo Soldiers or a random mix of generic aliens over more clones.

The plain Phase 1's and the 501st are also the only clone battlepacks I have any interest in.

This plus the plain Phase 2s from the Micro CTT / Advent Calendar

Yes it is shocking that Lego gave us a clone in EVERY FREAKING color; except for a large amount in basic white and 501st blue.

I really feel like the "custom clonez" fad is dying down now that Ep.7 is out and The Clone Wars has ended. I remember that while The Clone Wars was still on TV that every other day a bazillion custom clones in sharpie marker clad bodies showed up on MOCpages. I feel like the very strange color choices Lego has given us with the Clones in the sets was a reflection of this. And it is sad because we don't really have that much 501st clones other than Rex, and a few normal phase 2 troops; and those clones are basically the most featured in the entire saga!

Anyway; on to other Star Wars sets I want to see:

Star Tours- The Star Tours ride at several Disney theme parks was Disney's first collaboration with Lucasfilm (excluding the work they did on the landspeeder in Ep. 4). Fittingly the ride Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue was the last Disney/Lucasfilm collaboration before the two merged. A Lego set based on this ride would be great; a large vehicle with opening doors; an R2 droid socket, multiple seats, and blaster canons. A ground crew set could be included with the vehicle; featuring droids and their workstations.

Character Statues- Yoda, R2-D2 and Darth Maul got them; why not do more? Imagine a large scale Lego Darth Vader bust for the serious collector.

Legends- I know that the Legends stories have been pushed under the rug since the Disney merger; but we seriously need Grand Admiral Thrawn. Enough said.

AoTC- Airspeeder chase and Droid Factory; both kind of silly scenes; but they just are BEGGING to be made in Lego. The airspeeder chase was done in 2002; and was a standout set for that era; imagine what it would look like now?

SNL- Starkiller Base Employee Common Area- I know it is a long shot to ever be a Lego set; but don't we all want a Lego "Matt [Not Kylo Ren] the Radar Technician"?

Cloud City- I know with this forum I am just preaching to the choir :) Bring us Cloud City!

There are my $0.02

While I definitley want a 501st Battlepack, I think, that Lego should remake the PhaseII helmets again, so they can be equiped with antennas or visors. Then would be a good time to also give as a new Cody and a Episode III At-TE.

I'm not usually one for wishlisting, or one for clonez, but a plain Phase II clone trooper battlepack would be awesome, if only to make some sweet Dark Times MOCs.

Although I'm more interested in battlepacks for clean OT Stormtroopers, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Tuskens, Jawas, Ewoks, Gungans, Mandalorians, Nightsisters, Naboo Soldiers or a random mix of generic aliens over more clones.

We really do need a big set filled with new molds/prints for specific aliens. I'd love heads for Aqualish, and new patterns for the existing Trandoshan, Rodian, and Mon Calamari head molds. Maybe it could be a big Cantina-style set that only features the characters and interior features of the cantina? Mandalorians with mottled grey armor like the newest shadow trooper incarnations and no specific colorization would be great too.

The only justification I can see for our lack of plain white phase 2 clones is that there were none shown in the actual movie. There is of course the counter point that a lot of the clones that we have gotten from Lego have also not been in the movies.

I'd love to see a tusken raider battle pack. Maybe include 3 of the new tusken raiders, and a bantha. Price it at $20 USD. I know that's a bit prices for a battle pack, but I think the inclusion of the new bantha mold from that animation would more than warrant the price.

The Rebel battle pack is appealing because of the aliens and A Wing Pilot helmet. Proof that unique items can make a BP very appealing.

A cantina BP would be awesome if they aren't going to give us another set of those.

Possible cool Battle Packs.

-Imperial Personel:

1 Imperial officer (black uniform), 1 Imperial officer (gray uniform), 1 imperial naval trooper, and 1 stormtrooper.

-Rebel alliance Personel:

1 Rebel Officer, 1 Mon Calamari Officer, 1 Technician, and 1 Pilot

-Mos Eisely Battle Pack

1 Rodian (do another turquoise colored mold and print like the original set), 1 Jawa, and 2 Sandtroopers

-Rebel alliance Endor Battle Pack

-1 rebel commando vest, 1 rebel commando bandolier, 1 rebel commando long coat, 1 ewok

-Imperial Endor Battle Pack

-1 Imperial Officer (Black uniform), 1 Stormtrooper, 2 scout troopers

The only justification I can see for our lack of plain white phase 2 clones is that there were none shown in the actual movie. There is of course the counter point that a lot of the clones that we have gotten from Lego have also not been in the movies.

They're pretty obscure but they do appear in the movie:

Manning the cannon during the Battle of Coruscant

Two on the gunship when Yoda is leaving for Kashyyyk (the other clones in the scene have the gray markings which Lego hasn't released yet)

Two on the gunship when Obi-Wan is briefing Cody

I'm calling it now- if we ever get a plain Phase II BP, they're gonna have battle damage like the new Empire BP. I mean, look at their armor in those pictures!

I'm calling it now- if we ever get a plain Phase II BP, they're gonna have battle damage like the new Empire BP. I mean, look at their armor in those pictures!

Oh god don't jinx it! :laugh:

I remember the days when all we wanted was clones with different colored prints because of the over abundance of plain troopers. Now it's flipped! So strange, where's the middle ground?

Lego should just have a good ratio for future clone releases, 1 color trooper to every white trooper, 1:1 ratio.

But I'm in more of a FO mood right now...

Oh god don't jinx it! :laugh:

I remember the days when all we wanted was clones with different colored prints because of the over abundance of plain troopers. Now it's flipped! So strange, where's the middle ground?

I was not able to collect as many stormtroopers back then... And now that I want to collect more they don't come in many sets and the battle packs are not as good as the old one.

Okay it's a total crapshoot but I just want Lego to produce at least one Republic Commando mini figure before we go to much further into the OT canon. I would buy a $150 dollar set even if it has only one.

Okay it's a total crapshoot but I just want Lego to produce at least one Republic Commando mini figure before we go to much further into the OT canon. I would buy a $150 dollar set even if it has only one.

I was really hoping we would at least get the helmet with Greggor. At least then they'd have the mold, and an excuse to make more.

Oh yeah. That is the only clone trooper I would shell out more (waaaay more) than $10 for.

Edited by Junior Shark

A fresh Y-wing in a year or two. Requisite items would include:

New canopy mold and print - bring it up to date like the TIEs and X-wings.

Yavin Pilot with a fresh helmet print (X-wing helmet)

Endor Pilot - Grey or Orange flight suit, Y-wing helmet in new print (currently on B-wing pilot I believe)

New R5 print

New Endor A-wing

Printed canopy, the new fins, new helmet print, red paint scheme, and ground cart - like the old sets

Rebel Hanger Battle Pack

X-wing pilot, Endor Y-wing pilot, B-wing pilot with proper helmet, Technician, and maintenance platform. Fresh helmet prints for all of the pilots.

Imperial Hangar Battle Pack

Two TIE pilots, one black-uniformed officer, and one technician. Officer would have a rank badge. Some manner of gantry.

A fresh Y-wing in a year or two. Requisite items would include:

New canopy mold and print - bring it up to date like the TIEs and X-wings.

Yavin Pilot with a fresh helmet print (X-wing helmet)

Endor Pilot - Grey or Orange flight suit, Y-wing helmet in new print (currently on B-wing pilot I believe)

New R5 print

New Endor A-wing

Printed canopy, the new fins, new helmet print, red paint scheme, and ground cart - like the old sets

Rebel Hanger Battle Pack

X-wing pilot, Endor Y-wing pilot, B-wing pilot with proper helmet, Technician, and maintenance platform. Fresh helmet prints for all of the pilots.

Imperial Hangar Battle Pack

Two TIE pilots, one black-uniformed officer, and one technician. Officer would have a rank badge. Some manner of gantry.

YES, this. Grey flight suits would be better though IMO, we already have so many different variations of the orange suit (which are still readily available in the lower priced sets).