TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Uhm... i tought this wasn't supposed to come out yet? how does this guy have every level pack already? the gamer kid is wave 4 right? or 5?

Its one of the main game levels he is playing. Its just an introduction to the theme, as with the Doctor Who level and the Scooby Doo level. But it got Gauntlet ! :wub: Cant wait for the level pack to arrive as well as with Doctor Who and Ghostbusters.

Just picked up the game, only got the starter pack and the three level packs for now...can't wait to get home and play!

So, what packs would everyone like to see? Personally, I'd like:

Doctor Who

Clara Oswald and Missy team pack that allows you to play as every incarnation of the Master, with the Missy's Device (which can be rebuilt as the Tissue Compression Eliminator) and Clara's motorbike

Ice Warrior fun pack with the Ice Warriors' spaceship

Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart fun pack with a UNIT Jeep

Zygon fun pack with the Skarasen

Sarah Jane and Luke Smith team pack with Sarah Jane and Luke Smith's respective cars, also unlocks a Sarah Jane Adventures mini-Adventure World within the Doctor Who AW

Captain Jack Harkness fun pack with the Vortex Manipulator

Davros fun pack with Davros' travel machine as a vehicle

The Simpsons

Comic Book Guy fun pack with a fan-made Batmobile

Sideshow Bob fun pack with a rake

Mr Burns and Smithers team pack with Mr Burns' Limo and a nuclear reactor

Professor Frink fun pack with hover car

Marge and Lisa Simpson team pack with Lisa's bicycle and Marge's car

Maggie fun pack with pacifier

Jurassic World

Claire Dearing level pack with Jurassic World jeep and T-Rex

Ian Malcolm fun pack with original Jurassic Park jeep

John Hammond fun pack with John Hammond's helicopter

Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler team pack with the Kirby Private Jet and Ellie's phone

The LEGO Movie

LEGO Movie Batman level pack with the Bat-Wing and batarang

Lord Business fun pack with Lord Business's giant legs

Virtivius fun pack with (buildable) ghost sheet

DC Comics

Gotham level pack with Jim Gordon, police car and walkie talkie

Arrow level pack with Green Arrow, archery bow and car

Ghostbusters

The Statue of Liberty fun pack with game controller intended to be for a NES

Dana Barrett fun pack with pram

Walter Peck fun pack with Ghostbusters-Busting Vehicle (Just because)

Back to the Future

Biff Tannen fun pack with car

According to FBTB, there's a Best Buy Membership discount activated after paying $150 (or something like that)

Here's some updated calculations based on that:

WITH Best Buy Discount

$100

$25 * 2 = $50

$25 * 2 = $50 - 40% of each = $30

$30 * 6 = $180 - 40% of each = $108

$15 * 27 = $405 - 40% of each = $243

Total $531

Saved $254

Sadly the game is not available for PC. Otherwise I would buy it!

Same! Why is PC always excluded for these things? :sadnew:

Same! Why is PC always excluded for these things? :sadnew:

The answer is almost certainly that modding (which is far easier on PC than on any other platform) could easily bypass the entire need for the figures, rendering one of the game's primary revenue streams null and void.

You could argue (as many do) that locking digital content behind physical goods is a bad business practice, but if it weren't for the figure packs eating some of the production costs (especially as far as future updates are concerned), I'm pretty sure that the game itself would have to be made that much more expensive.

Ooooh! This game is awesome!

Today I picked up the Starter Pack and the Oz fun pack--so far well worth it. I did have to wait some two hours for my PS3 to get all the games downloads/setup process to be completed though, granted it's a huge game.

I've been playing for a few levels now, and the hilarious meta references may be worth the price of the game itself. There does seem to be an excess of boss battles--I fought three (or four, it was a lot), in one level alone--and that being said you don't seem to spend much time in an individual location very long (at least level wise).

But right now, I just had to take a short break (hence this post). Dr. Who fans (like myself) are in for a huge treat--I swear the Weaping Angels will give everyone heartattacks! The tense music! The lights go out! I'm just yelling at the screen for Batman to jump out of the way! Drop dead scary and satisfying. There's never been that terrifying feeling from a Lego game, so it's really notable. There's always been an effort to tone down situations like this--but instead it feels like your one of those unfortunate red shirts from a Dr. Who episode; and your end is not pretty.

On a side note, if you do get time killed by an Angel, it shows an even scarier kill shot from first person point of view--for some reason. Crazy! Try it!

Oh great. I didn't come here to be scared! Sounds amazing, though. Curse you. If I'm homeless on a street corner within a year, I'll tell everyone it was Captain Nemo's fault! :laugh:

How does the Witch play?

FUTURE WAVES - OFFCIAL LEGO GRAPHIC

On Lego Dimensions Facebook page, TLC responded to a question about future releases with a nice graphic. I think we have seen it before. For some reason it is posted on a Dropbox link but you do not need Dropbox, just click OK or whatever.

https://photos-4.dropbox.com/t/2/AAAyPpHKbgfXXKq1jRwyS1o1bDCp5vSdBvIKE4EQz5tZrg/12/99275584/jpeg/32x32/1/1443398400/0/2/LEGODimensions_Infographic_GrowYourCollection.jpg/CMCmqy8gASACIAMgBCAFIAYgBygBKAI/m_G4sIHpQg_c7QFoNfrsXKPjqkHzOWRVlMi_-wUi7SM%2CzgPVzJ0IW_oyVqADV8RPa_Xjtd9O-qncniPOvy6sUjU?size_mode=5

Ooooh! This game is awesome!

Today I picked up the Starter Pack and the Oz fun pack--so far well worth it. I did have to wait some two hours for my PS3 to get all the games downloads/setup process to be completed though, granted it's a huge game.

I've been playing for a few levels now, and the hilarious meta references may be worth the price of the game itself. There does seem to be an excess of boss battles--I fought three (or four, it was a lot), in one level alone--and that being said you don't seem to spend much time in an individual location very long (at least level wise).

But right now, I just had to take a short break (hence this post). Dr. Who fans (like myself) are in for a huge treat--I swear the Weaping Angels will give everyone heartattacks! The tense music! The lights go out! I'm just yelling at the screen for Batman to jump out of the way! Drop dead scary and satisfying. There's never been that terrifying feeling from a Lego game, so it's really notable. There's always been an effort to tone down situations like this--but instead it feels like your one of those unfortunate red shirts from a Dr. Who episode; and your end is not pretty.

On a side note, if you do get time killed by an Angel, it shows an even scarier kill shot from first person point of view--for some reason. Crazy! Try it!

I saw a video of the Weeping Angels level and it did look terrifying. This game's Doctor Who level looks so authentic towards a Doctor Who episode that it even has the behind the sofa moment!

Picked up the starter, Jurassic World, Gimli, Portal, and Wonder Woman.

WW is great for cheating areas with her flight and Invisible Jet - good for making the game easier.

Chell's portal gun is rubbery and doesn't fit the minifigure's hand easily.

The raptor isn't a bad build and I can see maybe making more (and in different colors).

The game itself is really fun so far. The only tricky part is the intro and using the reader board to get out of traps. I also found that while the game loaded content it would bump us back to restarting the building of the portal device.

Bought and played Level Uno of Starter Pack this afternoon. It is as awesome as HECK!!!!

Apparently, my 360 needed me to install an upgrade to play the game, and I'm guessing it will be the same for all expansions.

But I am in love.

Okay so I got Marty and Nya.

But also, being at the store in person, I looked through all the alternate models, and some of them look crazy great - the scooby snack has a build that gives you fire breath, the "axe cart" turns into an axe flinger and a flying cart, Shelob turns into a ride-on and a ride-on acid spitter. Emmet's model builds into the mech from the film. This is just from the Alt builds I didn't know about previously, because I like other ones we had seen (cyborg's 4 legged walker, spitter raptor, and so on), and a whole lot of the primary models.

I was thinking that most of the iconic things I wouldn't wanna rebuild into the gimmick versions, but the already gimmicky stuff is all fair game :P

So I was thinking some of these things are gonna break straight away though. Wonder Woman's jet has polycarbonate flag parts - those clips are gonna last for maybe 4 rebuilds. Same with Gimli's axe heads (and that's assuming you keep all the game pieces upright and not all bumping into each other, in which case those axe heads are gonna break before that).

I don't suppose the game lets multiples be set up? if you had two Gimlis and wanted to keep two vehicle configurations at the ready?

Are all the options on the toy tag for a vehicle/gadget stored on the tag, or just the model ID, with the rest in the game?

Hope all the building instructions make it to the Eurobricks official set LDD files really soon. I'd do it if I had the game, but I don't.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Hi all, got a couple of quick questions:

1) Is there any news / plans to release Dimensions on Windows PC?

2) Will the figures be available via BrickLink (if not now -- eventually)?

Thanks!

Thanks!

1) Unfortunately, and probably, no.

2) Probably.

No news, and it's highly unlikely. Consider the game console-only.

Oh, I'm sure of it. I don't know what they'll go for, but I'm sure it'll happen.

1) Unfortunately, and probably, no.

2) Probably.

No news, and it's highly unlikely. Consider the game console-only.

Oh, I'm sure of it. I don't know what they'll go for, but I'm sure it'll happen.

Thanks for the replies.

That's a shame that it's console only... It's funny because the Super Heroes games are released on PC... kind of sucks for the non-console gamers out there...

Edited by agoodfella77

Okay so I got Marty and Nya.

But also, being at the store in person, I looked through all the alternate models, and some of them look crazy great - the scooby snack has a build that gives you fire breath, the "axe cart" turns into an axe flinger and a flying cart, Shelob turns into a ride-on and a ride-on acid spitter. Emmet's model builds into the mech from the film. This is just from the Alt builds I didn't know about previously, because I like other ones we had seen (cyborg's 4 legged walker, spitter raptor, and so on), and a whole lot of the primary models.

I was thinking that most of the iconic things I wouldn't wanna rebuild into the gimmick versions, but the already gimmicky stuff is all fair game :P

So I was thinking some of these things are gonna break straight away though. Wonder Woman's jet has polycarbonate flag parts - those clips are gonna last for maybe 4 rebuilds. Same with Gimli's axe heads (and that's assuming you keep all the game pieces upright and not all bumping into each other, in which case those axe heads are gonna break before that).

I don't suppose the game lets multiples be set up? if you had two Gimlis and wanted to keep two vehicle configurations at the ready?

Are all the options on the toy tag for a vehicle/gadget stored on the tag, or just the model ID, with the rest in the game?

Hope all the building instructions make it to the Eurobricks official set LDD files really soon. I'd do it if I had the game, but I don't.

I sure hope the quality of the LEGO bricks is not as bad as you suggest...

Anyhow, I doubt you can have two built sets already so that you can readily switch one for the other since they will have different bases. The base is where the game writes its data about what model it is currently supposed to be. So things would get very much misaligned.

But based on what I've read I think the solution is even easier. Simply don't keep rebuilding the model as the games suggests. The game has no way of actually knowing whether you rebuilt the model or not. It just presumes you did what it asks during the game. And then you can still have two separate versions built (if you want to invest double haha) for the sake of display. But don't ever use the second set in the game, regardless if it is the 'right' model or not.

Also, I have gathered the instructions are not in the box at all but only onscreen during the game.

I sure hope the quality of the LEGO bricks is not as bad as you suggest...

It's not that it's a quality issue. The parts are the same real Lego parts as ever. it's just, I feel, a fact of the Lego Vikings axe piece and clear clips.

Didn't know Portal and all that was part of the main game

Also on terms of what i'd like to see

The Hobbit:

Thorin Level Pack (Introduction to a Botfa level) New Orcrist mold (Rubbery like the S-Screwdriver) Oak Branch piece, regular clothing we've seen before, Goat Vehicle, Weapon Stand

-

Bilbo fun Pack, Sting, the One ring, Horse vehicle

-

Bard fun Pack, Bow, Windlance Vehicle

And just out of pure wishing wich will never happen: Iron Hill fun pack, Shield, Spear, Goat vehicle

Mythical Beasts:

Now i'm not really into HP, but this is proving to be a good movie so:

Good guy - Stuff (???) Vehicle Beast (???)

-

Bad guy - Stuff (???) Vehicle Dragon (???)

That's it really, would love to play as Thorin in this game. Would be awesome to see a Richard Armitage video like the "Great Scott!" one, this theme has surprised me already so come on TLG and TT! you can do it!

It's not that you owe us or something :grin: