I take it there is brisk New Years activity in Europe right now. You know the site cannot handle more than 5 people trying to buy something :sceptic: It seems to routinely crash when several new sets come out and/or a VIP special is on.

Looks like it is giving people in Europe a price increase on checkout.

Maybe it is a plot to drive more foot traffic and sales their physical retail stores.

Looks like it is giving people in Europe a price increase on checkout.

Maybe it is a plot to drive more foot traffic and sales their physical retail stores.

Not good for the people who live nowhere near a Lego store and this is the only viable option for them. I do plan on going to the Dallas store and being there before it opens tomorrow to get started on the Brick Bank.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

on the Australian store the Ghostbusters Firehouse set goes from $499 to $621, not sure if this is due to a glitch in today's release or not, but going to hold off any S@H purchases

EDIT: LEGO's Customer Service is amazing! It's been fixed! :grin:

Edited by CM4Sci

Screenshot%20at%20Jan%2001%2004-19-12_zpsp6grqvhj.png

Seriously? Either I've just been priced out of this hobby, or TLG needs to get a better team working on the website.

Ghostbusters HQ is $500, the Bank is $250, Doctor Who jumped to $80. The prices are all randomly increased.

For Canada Ghostbusters HQ is showing $399.99. It seems to be doing the taxes collectly at 13%.

Subtotal 399.99 CAD Standard FREE GST/HST 52.00 CAD

So now I can't get more than one page past the S@H home on Chrome, but now I can on Firefox. That's weird...

I`ve tried to place an order for several days with no luck. When hitting the "Checkout"button the page refresh to the main site/frontpage... HOW annoying.

I've had the checkout work once, just before christmas when ordering stuff for my kids. Not worked properly since then

I also have had many many issues with S@H - especially if I am also buying PAB or BnP. It seems very strange to me that a company as successful as Lego would have such a poor webstore.

I also have had many many issues with S@H - especially if I am also buying PAB or BnP. It seems very strange to me that a company as successful as Lego would have such a poor webstore.

Not all that strange. I think it shows that the web store is not all that critical to their success.

I've not been buying a lot lately, but did place an order last Thursday, and just today see that it was picked up by FedEx to ship. I thought maybe they just missed scanning it, but apparently it just sat there for 4 days (2 of which was the weekend), and it won't arrive here till this coming Friday. Not sure if its S@H's fault or FedEx...

I still never get any order confirmation sent. On a positive note, I placed an order yesterday, which included a back ordered item, and today I checked and it's already shipped and picked up by FedEx. Even the back ordered set is in the shipment. Nice. I got the free Mr. Freeze minifig too.

shop.lego.com is about to get a little more exciting...

A cool new look and improved functionality coming soon!

Perhaps some prayers will be answered

Perhaps some prayers will be answered

Hopefully, I took a look at the sample site, and it looked pretty good. Bigger photos of sets, etc. hopefully the functionality is improved!

The real test of the new design will probably be October 1, when new sets come out and double points begin. Sometimes when that happened, the system crashed and people could not place orders. Hopefully, that was fixed.

I got stuck on the new S@H site (I was directed to this new site after cleaning my browser settings etc.). And I am unable to log in. How such big company can have such f... site?

(Move this if it's in the wrong forum, pls.)

What do you guys and gals think of the new Shop@Home website?

Honestly, I don't like it. The old one was much more practical. The main thing I don't like in the new website is that it sacrifices too much usability just to make it prettier, imo. Everything is way too big.

Although, I do like the improved selection bar on the left of the screen (the one with "Interest", "availability" and "rating").

Other than that, I don't know, I think someone could get around much better and faster in the old website. It feels like there will be much more scrolling in this new site.

So, what do you think? Do you like the new site or did you prefer the old one?

Oh, also, I think I recall people complaining a lot about PaB in the new site (when the site was only available in a certain country or something). Is PaB in good condition or is it really bad now?

I haven't used to new design extensively and also im rather conservative in my taste of webdesign I like it.