just2good

Star Wars Constraction 2015 Discussion

...wow. These are much better than what was revealed at Toy Fair. Obi-Wan doesn't look nearly as "constraction-y" thanks to his cape being attached in front of his torso bone but before the shell. He's almost a guaranteed buy for me at this point.

Grievous, however... not too fussed on him. I'm very surprised at how similar his construction is to ye olde BIONICLE, double-limbs and backwards leg armor for lower arms. It look's like they've designed him so that you can combine each set of arms into one, which is a great throwback to the movies. I'm finding most of the armor placement very... strange, for shoulder armor he uses a 2.0 torso shell with an upside-down Super Heroes chest.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention: LIGHT-GREY FRICTION EXTENDERS! :wub:

Edited by Mandate

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention: LIGHT-GREY FRICTION EXTENDERS! :wub:

That most likely is not the case.

That most likely is not the case.

We need a Lego set reveal drinking game. Drink when people assume a gray part is a new recolor based solely on the lighting!

We need a Lego set reveal drinking game. Drink when people assume a gray part is a new recolor based solely on the lighting!

Approximate number of waves revealed before all participants are dead: One.

Jeesh, no need to be rude. I thought it was a new recolor because there's also what looks like light-grey versions of the smallest bone. Sorry.

Jeesh, no need to be rude. I thought it was a new recolor because there's also what looks like light-grey versions of the smallest bone. Sorry.

I didn't mean to be rude. In the case of that bone case, it's a legitimate suspicion, since it's very clearly lighter than the bone it's attached to (which itself has only come in black). It's not clear that it's light gray specifically, but it's either that, dark gray, or possibly even silver (like the Skull Villains' torso bones, which caused similar confusion early on), and whichever one it was would be new would be new.

The friction joints, on the other hand, are a much less sure bet. Actually, it seems upon closer examination that it might be more than just a trick of the light—the bone that the extenders are connected to seems to catch the light differently in different spots, so perhaps those 9M bones could actually be Titanium Metallic. That would explain the ambiguity, since Titanium Metallic would be very likely to appear slightly darker than Dark Stone Grey, while still very clearly not being black.

Grievous doesn't look as good as I expected, that upper torso construction kinda bothers me. But I'm still getting him anyway! Heh.

Obi-Wan looks surprisingly fantastic; unfortunately I probably don't have the budget to get him.

I don't know about some of yall not liking Grievous design. When you look at pics from the star wars wiki (minus more leg armor) is pretty accurate. They even added the fuse arms together function from the franchise.

You know what, he needs a cape

Edited by Mr. Gundam

Yeah, Grievous definitely needs his cape.

Welp! Time to put my sewing skills to good use.

I didn't even know we had this subforum.

Either way, those lightsaber parts look quite familiar (and useful) for at least one particular case that I can think of:

Gundam_with_Beam_Sword.png

YEesh that Grievous is a mess. I can easily overlook for the tan and the tan and the tan, but otherwise... yeesh.

Love that Obi-Wan though. Everything I love about the CCBS in one perfect humanoid set. Desperate to get a hold of those white add-ons on his shoulders. I need those in my life. And the white talon/spike beast foot on the back of his legs? Yes. I would also like those.

Grievous is a mess but still manages to look great and I have to have him! Obi-Wan looks great too and I like that he more closely resembles his armored Clone Wars version, which makes sense given the medium.

Wow.

Not a fan of the human action figures, but Grievous definitely looks awesome in my opinion :devil:

Will probably get it when it's out :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Grievous looks fabulous, as does Obi. Absolutely blown out of the water by these two - can't wait to see the next two!

Grievous and Vader are currently on my CCBS shopping list, along with the summer Bionicle wave.

I don't know about some of yall not liking Grievous design. When you look at pics from the star wars wiki (minus more leg armor) is pretty accurate.

I don't get it either... out of both sets, the "mechanical" ones (Vader and Grievous) look awesome - the "humans" look terrible - and they all look very non-LEGO-y, but I feel that way about bionicle and hero factory, too.

Wow.

Not a fan of the human action figures, but Grievous definitely looks awesome in my opinion :devil:

Exactly.

Today is the first day I'm seeing either one (been away for a couple of months). If I get any of these, it's as a fan of Star Wars, not LEGO, and I'd only get Vader, Grievous, and presumably Boba Fett. The ones with human heads are just scary looking.

Grievous looks great. I hope his arms can connect for the two-arm version.

Kenobi is a pass. The human head just doesn't look that great. It would have been nice if it was a ROTS Kenobi, so he could have a reason for being with Grievous. And then later be paired with a ROTS Anakin.

Love the look of Obi-Wan. Not totally fond of Grievous, but not necessarily upset with him, either (even if he's a bit of a mess he uses some neat ideas, including being the first set to use both ball cups on the conjoined beast foot). And those parts! Holy moley. I don't plan to get these sets, but maybe I should—I still regret not getting sets like some of the Super Heroes Ultrabuilds or Legends of Chima figures, based on the parts alone.

Very interesting! But will be usual characters like droids, or only leaders?

The currently revealed figures are all specific characters. But if the sets are successful I would not be surprised to see them branch out into other types of figure, which could potentially include generic troops like Stormtroopers and Battle Droids (I'm assuming that's what you were asking).

Personally, I think a co-pack of a CCBS C-3PO and a more Technic-based R2-D2 would be awesome.

I don't understand all the hype for these. It might be pretty cool if someone made huge vehicles for these guys, though. Can you imagine a Han Solo constraction with a full scale falcon for him? That would be amazing.

These aren't much more than weird-looking action figures, though. I don't see any value to the parts outside of the sets, but I'm sure some creative person will prove me wrong.

I didn't even know we had this subforum.

Either way, those lightsaber parts look quite familiar (and useful) for at least one particular case that I can think of:

Gundam_with_Beam_Sword.png

LEGO Gundam 2016 confirmed! :tongue:

Really though, I was wondering why the lightsbaer bits seemed oddly familiar and you hit it on the head.

These sets do, as many others have said, look far better than Darth Vader and Luke. These two will most likely be the initial purchases for me and I imagine many others.

The currently revealed figures are all specific characters. But if the sets are successful I would not be surprised to see them branch out into other types of figure, which could potentially include generic troops like Stormtroopers and Battle Droids (I'm assuming that's what you were asking).

Personally, I think a co-pack of a CCBS C-3PO and a more Technic-based R2-D2 would be awesome.

That sounds like an amazing idea right there. Sort of like the Mindstorms set, but without all the expensive electronics.

Any guess when to expect photos? 3-7 hours?

They said 12 PM PST... so in two minutes the soonest. :drool: