The app has potentially revealed more summer designs... It had a massive shield update around yesterday, bringing in a bunch more designs (including the classic space one), most of which I suspect are from the summer wave, because of the slightly apparent Ultimate tie - ins.

What's most intriguing, however, is the presence of five, knight armor colored shields, with a graphic behind them displaying new armor. At first I thought it was a throwaway sample armor graphic, but the presence of matching shields for the Knights to go with the armor screamed intentional for the summer wave... Here's the pic:

Summer 2016 Nexo Armor?

Do you happen to have a pic of the classic space shield? I don't have the app and would love to take a look. Thanks!

Found all the Nexo Knights releases at Barnes and Nobles. They had a whole table display dedicated to them.

Wow, the physical figures look fantastic! And the confusion continues, as the site calls Flama female, but refers to Mouldron again.. perhaps a regional difference?

And judging by her picture, Lavaria's in one of the summer sets!

Edited by 8BrickMario

Considering that every spider in Bionicle we've gotten lacks pedipalps yet has been referred to as male, Flama wouldn't be the first.

To be honest though, I think it's probably just the app giving Flama the wrong gender. Wouldn't be the first time.

Well that's interesting. But all spiders, male or female have pedipalps, they are just enlarged in the male. So maybe these Bionicle spider are some sort of alien rather than terrestrial, so that would explain it?

In this case, I'll call Flama LEGO's first transgender minifigure.

This guy looks pretty cool. Or hot, I guess?

Loving all of these, especially Burnzie (banana horns! And a disc-launching arm!) and Flama (translucent Stone Warrior armor? Yes please). And that first picture for Lavaria is adorable. LavariaXJestro OTP :tongue:.

EDIT:

But all spiders, male or female have pedipalps, they are just enlarged in the male.

Also, arguably, the little claws surrounding the Visorak's mouth in one of the BIONICLE movies could be considered their pedipalps. They extend from the mouth in the right way, at least.

Edited by DraikNova

Wow! The female villains look really good in this theme. First Lavaria, and now Whiparella and Flama (that minifigure does look female and her bio refers to her as having Mouldron (Moltor?) as a partner).

To be honest, as cool as I think the printing is, I dislike Moltor just for the fact that he doesn't fit in. He's black with orange printing whilst the others are all red. I was kind of hoping one of the Summer monsters would be black and orange as well so he wouldn't look like the odd-one-out...

Wow! The female villains look really good in this theme. First Lavaria, and now Whiparella and Flama (that minifigure does look female and her bio refers to her as having Mouldron (Moltor?) as a partner).

He's her brother, and the app is the only thing calling her male. Besides, the idea of her being transgender doesn't really work, as that doesn't mean "ambiguous or covers all bases". Anyway, in my mind she's female, and a really great minifigure. I wonder what set Lavaria will be in with the cape and daggers. Probably the castle.

To be honest, as cool as I think the printing is, I dislike Moltor just for the fact that he doesn't fit in. He's black with orange printing whilst the others are all red. I was kind of hoping one of the Summer monsters would be black and orange as well so he wouldn't look like the odd-one-out...

It's likely that we'll get a similar-looking Scurrier, as an unseen black-with-orange-cracks Scurrier was one of the prototypes.

I'm suprised we have so many female characters in the first year (6!) while Ninjago still has 5 :P

Those new characters look great! :D

I like Moltor more because of his color scheme. I feel the opposite from you, and I wish the others were more like him. They're the ones that don't fit in for me.

Besides, the idea of her being transgender doesn't really work, as that doesn't mean "ambiguous or covers all bases".

Well I was thinking that maybe she was male and is now female (or vice versa). But I guess we can call Lavaria LEGO's first hermaphrodite minifigure if that fits better.

Well I was thinking that maybe she was male and is now female (or vice versa). But I guess we can call Lavaria LEGO's first hermaphrodite minifigure if that fits better.

Perhaps in the developmental phase, yes, but in-universe, it won't be addressed. Whatever the case, I think they did a great job with her. The lower body really makes the figure. I wonder what role Magmar will have. He seems like he needs a vehicle. Burnzie will probably be an independent monster, rather than a wagon-puller like Sparkz.

Apparently the generic minifigure knights are robots as well. So the orange faces are probably the result of hologram display backgrounds rather than visors. And Beast Master's personal Globlins are like badly trained dogs. And then there's that picture on Moltor's page showing Flama seemingly being embarrassed by her brother. I like how Nexo Knights seems to be putting more effort into characterization for the villains than Ninjago.

Edited by DraikNova

I think that Mouldron is the big guy that Flama rides in the trailer, not the minifigure.

Flama's description and second picture support that idea.

Wave 2 from two Netherlands website:

70318 De Globwerper 8,99 "glob pitcher"

70319 Macy´s donderknots 17,99 "thunder club"

70320 Aaron Fox´s aerojager 31,49 "air hunter"

70321 Generaal Magmars belegeringsmachine 49,49 "seige Machine"

70322 Axl´s torentransport 80,00 "tower transport"

70323 Jestro´s vulkaanbasis 116,99 "volcano base"

70336 Ultimate Axl 8,99

70337 Ultimate Lance 8,99

70338 Ultimate Generaal Magmar 8,99

70339 Ultimate Flama 8,99

Prices are Euros? Also, rough translations to english.

Interesting. Macy's "Thunder Club/Mace" sounds like an interesting vehicle. And interesting that Magmar is the second evil Ultimate.

Wow, Those ultimates are all instant buys for me. Interested to see what the other sets look like :D.

Interesting. Macy's "Thunder Club/Mace" sounds like an interesting vehicle. And interesting that Magmar is the second evil Ultimate.

We can already see macy's vehicle in the app, and we also knew magmar was the other ultimate villain

All the figures look great, especially burnsie! I'm already going to get sparkks so why not get them both?

Also, Axl's tower transport sounds interesting.

EDIT: Apparently, Axl's tower transport is called tower carrier, according to his bio on the Nexo Knights site.

Edited by NetherCreeper

70336 Ultimate Axl 8,99

Now I feel terrible, I just ordered the parts for my own "tower transport" style MOC at great expense. Has anyone seen this tower?

My MOC:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RaySkull/ROOK/arronsrook11.png

Edited by Rayskull

70336 Ultimate Axl 8,99

We have seen the thunder mace in the App. I remember in one of the trailers near the end someone on here noted that there was an unidentified large monster vehicle near the end of it. I couldn't find the trailer, but I would like to think that I can safely assume it is the siege machine of General Magmar.

Love the new character pages. We get a good look at many of the characters, and also some new and interesting details about their personalities, hobbies, etc.

Flama's design uses a lot more red in the set-like render than in animated depictions, but I actually like that as it helps her feel more consistent in design with the other lava monsters. I also think the transparent shoulder armor adds a lot to her design! Magmar, Whiparella, and Burnzie also look awesome!

I do wonder whether General Magmar's name might change between now and his appearance in the sets, similar to Mouldron/Moltor, since Magmar is a Pokémon name and may be trademarked. :sceptic:

Also, looking at the bios, apparently the King's Soldiers are robots! That's a surprise! :oh3:

You know, I hate to keep complaining, but why don't the characters match the show? Even though she looks great, it bugs me how Flama's red with orange gear, but bright flame-orange in the show. Where are the animators basing this?