TheLazyChicken

Scooby-Doo 2015 Rumours & Discussion

I'm so looking forward to buy the lighthouse and the mystery machine. I'm not convinced on the spooky castle so my hopes are on a second wave to get velma.

I managed to preorder the Mystery Machine and Plane, but nothing else, the rest had already sold out on Amazon. Now they're not even listed on toysrus.com anymore. I'm a little surprised they sold out that quickly online.

Hopefully this theme does well enough to warrant another wave. Signs are good so far it would seem.

Edited by strangely

When were they ever on Toys R US? I don't expect they sold out on Amazon that quickly - I never seen Amazon listed as a seller, marketplace were selling sets from LL and Cc. I'm waiting for October for double VIP points.

When were they ever on Toys R US? I don't expect they sold out on Amazon that quickly - I never seen Amazon listed as a seller, marketplace were selling sets from LL and Cc. I'm waiting for October for double VIP points.

The listings i saw were technically being sold through the official Toysrus eBay account, so I assumed they were listed on the main site too (as usually the listings are exactly the same availability). But they apparently sold out within the last two days. Amazon had them all up until about Tuesday. I only managed to get two sets ultimately.

Edited by strangely

The listings i saw were technically being sold through the official Toysrus eBay account, so I assumed they were listed on the main site too (as usually the listings are exactly the same availability). But they apparently sold out within the last two days. Amazon had them all up until about Tuesday. I only managed to get two sets ultimately.

Yeah, I got them from Toys"R"Us' eBay, which is the same thing.

And here's the last one for now, the Museum one.

19993550572_ccee5c2e31_z.jpg

19975047716_8a65da81b8_z.jpg

19380315213_5f9abfd9fa_z.jpg

19813299600_138a383600_z.jpg

This is a cute little set! The build is pretty unique, and there's some great pieces here. I'm glad they've included the sandwhich, and the normal Scooby head that only appears in this set and the big set. It's sad that the Mummy is so similar to the PQ ones, but it's still a neat figure.

I actually just picked up the Mummy set at Toys R Us. There were 3 on the shelf and thats the only Scooby Doo merchandise that I saw.

The set is very cool and the pieces are phenomenal. Very useful. The sandwich really is the best part. :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup:

I got the Mystery Machine from Target! They didn't put it out yet, so I had to go to Guest Services and they pulled it out of the back. I got nervous for a second because one worker was like "This isnt in OP (or NOP I don't remember)". But they sold it to me!

A new review 75902 from brickset came!

..... but this reminds me why I've been having feeling complicated about Fred. That kind of 60's hairtstyle fits in most of Disney princes' looks. So it seems abit late to introduce the hair part for Fred.

the-nameless-disney-princes-prince-charming-png-230042.jpg

I picked up the Mystery Machine and Mansion today! They're both spectacular. In terms of getting a hold of the sets, you better act fast for the Machine! I picked up both sets from Toys R Us, and while all the other sets had 4+ other boxes, I snagged the last Mystery Machine there! It's already flying off the shelves!

I had concerns about the stickers on the van, but they were actually easier to put on than the Mansion ones--because the former stickers were solid backed, so you don't have to worry about finger prints like the Mansion clear backed stickers. The Machine is larger in person than I expected, but it doesn't look out of place with just the figures inside. It only looks massive when you place a standing minifigure literally right next to it--it's then you see that it is actually the height of two minifigures on top of each other.

All the figures are spectacular! They're just so fun. I do feel that Daphne's hair is a bit large, but everyone else is perfect. The only real surprise was with the Black Knight, who actually had a torso print; one that depicts dark plate armor over a business suit. I don't have any ideas what it could be used for, but it was a nice surprise instead of the predictable blank torso.

JangBricks has done a review of the Mystery Mansion-

Wow Pretty nice playability features

I didn't know the Vampire has a double colored cape

Is there anyone who owns the mystery machine who could attempt and getting the whole gang in it (shaggy scooby in back, daphne velma fred in front)? id love to see if its possible. the only thing i believe will be hard to pull off is taking out those orange pieces out so shaggy and scooby can both look out since the one by six baseplate is only held by those and two 1 by two blue tiles. but if you used 1 by 1 bricks in place of the orange ones then the window should be wide enough to fit scooby and shaggy being 1 by 4. any pictures are appreciated :classic:

If the Mystery Mansion is a success, is there a chance that Lego might release a more complex and detailed build similar to the Haunted House (10228) as part of the Scooby Doo line?

The price for the Haunted House on the secondary market is insane (i.e. $500 or more), so that surely demonstrates demand for a similarly styled build?

are you a get smart fan too? I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the mansion or mystery machine first.

Edited by barneynedward

I sort of overlooked this theme!

Think I am gonna buy all 5 sets later rather than sooner... hopefully they will go down with the price a little

Does anyone know when scooby-doo sets are going to be available in Europe? August 1? They aren't listed on European lego shop websites which is weird. I wounder if they are going to be USA exclusive.

I'm guessing the official release date is August 1st, although my local toy shop "Toymaster" in the UK were putting them on the shelves today (I got the Mystery Machine and the Mummy set)

Haven't seen them listed anywhere in the Netherlands yet. Only one store has them up for pre-order but they are listed as January 2016. :(

Grabbed the MM and Plane at the local Lego store yesterday. Might build them today. The box design on these is ace, really pops on the shelf. I think it might be a good idea for them to do a second half-wave, like Elves or something, maybe 1 kit with a cheaper Velma, and 1 kit with Scrappy.

I'm hoping this get the TMNT treatment. Waves based on the TV show, and upcoming movie. This current wave holds enough elements to invoke nostalgia, but at the same time should interest children who are just getting into Scooby-Doo. I actually hope this does better than TMNT, and continues through the complete run of the TV show.

I found all the sets except the Mystery Machine at Target in Minneapolis today, only bought the Mystery Mansion. If anyone is interested the DPCI is 204-00-1512

I'm hoping this get the TMNT treatment. Waves based on the TV show, and upcoming movie. This current wave holds enough elements to invoke nostalgia, but at the same time should interest children who are just getting into Scooby-Doo. I actually hope this does better than TMNT, and continues through the complete run of the TV show.

Another wave would be great, maybe have some members of the gang in cheaper sets kinda like what they did with Leo in the second TMNT wave.

The only problem I see this theme facing is similar to TMNT, that once you get all the main characters, there isn't really much to do. I'd sadly say 2 waves at most.

There had been some reports that mainland Europe wouldn't get the sets until January.

Kind of odd that the UK is getting them but mainland Europe isnt. The distance between between the UK and France is less than 5km its like a truck load away between the two. I can imagine resellers buying truck loads and selling them overpriced on second hand markets. I cant believe Lego Company wants that. :/

Besides isnt the Lego that the UK gets made in Denmark anyway?

Edited by Juun