BTW, here's a more accurate mock-up :

tahu2k12.png

Thats great Moc, do you have any ideas bout the Defenders bodies?

Also, I'm getting the defenders first, I know the wookie dropship seems to use the same gun as the defenders but I dont see it. Can anyone point it out to me :blush:

Thats great Moc, do you have any ideas bout the Defenders bodies?

Thanks. Unfortunately, I have no idea of how their armors are made. They'll all look like this, with some variations (armor size / position), but because of their poses I can't distinguish anything. I belive it's Aanchir who pointed out that the fire Defender seems to be built like Toxic Reapa, with #3 armors attached to this, but I know absolutely nothing about the other ones. I think, though, that the fire defender uses a new add-on part, which is shared by Kopaka (and maybe Lewa), and seems different from Tahu's ones.

Oops, didn't know that count as a leaked picture, sorry about that. Is a link okay ?

(White add-on on golden armor on Kopaka and white add-on on red armor on the Defender)

Edited by Leewan
Leaked image removed

tahu2k12.png

Wow. That looks great. Wondered how the torso shells would look as leg armor, and it's not too bad.

tahu2k12.png

More like "a more accurate MOC-up" :^)

Anyway, that is a very nice moc and definitely resembles the Tahu in the leak.

I'll buy them all in one shot, but as for the order in which I build them... Probably Tahu first because he's the most iconic, and Kopaka because he's my favourite character of the team.

Also, nice mock-up there! Although you got the torso shell wrong, it's a 2.0 torso instead of the Breakout torso, I believe. Also, the picture kinda emphasizes how small the previous masks (or at least the Stars ones) were, I do hope the masks are a little bigger to accommodate the increased body size.

Although you got the torso shell wrong, it's a 2.0 torso instead of the Breakout torso, I believe.

Oh, yes. It would make sense, since at least Kopaka, Lewa and Pohatu seem to use a 2.0 torso.

I have actually upgraded my first Tahu MOC (which was more based on what I thought he would look like than what I saw on the first picture), and I was too focused on the limbs to notice that I had the torso wrong. :tongue: But it doesn't make a big difference, anyways.

I'm probably going to get all the sets on the same day. But I'll build Tahu first as he was my first Bionicle(well his Nuva version was) then a the defenders, then the rest of the Toa. Then lord of skull spiders.

Not seeing much love for the Lord of Skull Spiders. Not entirely surprised by that, he does sound a little underwhelming for a wave one big bad. Still, maybe he's just a warm up for the more threatening villains that we'll get later.

Not seeing much love for the Lord of Skull Spiders. Not entirely surprised by that, he does sound a little underwhelming for a wave one big bad. Still, maybe he's just a warm up for the more threatening villains that we'll get later.

Very certain we will get the proper villains in wave 2

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that they chose to make Onua so bulky? I think Pohatu would have been a better choice--I always saw Onua as strong but lean, so he could navigate through tunnels.

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that they chose to make Onua so bulky? I think Pohatu would have been a better choice--I always saw Onua as strong but lean, so he could navigate through tunnels.

kinda, what I want is the hunchback. I miss that part of him.

Not really. At least with the Metru and Mata I always saw Po-Toa and ripped and fit, but Onu-Toa as just bigger built body frames who were short and stocky.

Looking at him again, I think it could work. I was thinking that he was taller and bulkier, but he actually looks rather short--and short & stocky is good.

Pohatu's flipped torso made him quite lean at the shoulders, I don't think making him tremendously bulky would have made much sense. While it wouldn't make a difference to me if Onua was thin or bulky, I think of all the Toa it fits him best, but it's personal preference.

I suppose if you exclusively view these as updates or reincarnations of the Mata then yes it's a bit odd, but I think they draw elements from both the Mata and the Nuva, in which Onua looked, as Kingslayer said, stockier and bulkier.

Plus I'd just like some variety to the Toa's builds, so theres' that.

So what are people thinking? Do we know for certain Kopaka and Tahu are titans?I would call them team leaders seeing as they seem to be the only ones with gold chest plates

Also, based on the colored image, I was wondering: could it be that Lewa has trans bright green, like Breez in IFB, instead of bright green as color for his armor and mask?

Edited by ShiningShinE

Also, based on the colored image, I was wondering: could it be that Lewa has trans bright green, like Breez in IFB, instead of bright green as color for his armor and mask?

Did breez have any trans?

So what are people thinking? Do we know for certain Kopaka and Tahu are titans?I would call them team leaders seeing as they seem to be the only ones with gold chest plates

Tahu and Kopaka are definitely taller. But I'm still having a hard time believing they'll be more expensive/titan sized. Do taller sets automatically mean a higher price?