So after getting all the Skull Villains, here's how I rank them:

1. Skull Basher
  2. Skull Slicer
  3. Skull Warrior
  4. Skull Grinder
  5. Skull Scorpio

I actually don't especially like the Kopaka test video. On the one hand, it's an really cool glimpse of "what could have been", but on the other hand the cartoony movements and background really don't jibe with the almost photorealistic textures and shading. It's kind of the same problem I brought up earlier with the LEGO Friends webisodes taken to even greater extremes. Plus, the more realistic style leaves pretty much no room for expression in the masks.

Comparing the final webisodes to the test video feels a bit like comparing the Bohrok webisodes from 2003 with the Toa Inika and Piraka webisodes from 2006. The latter are a lot more realistic, but the former has a lot more personality.

Edited by Aanchir

I'm not being rude or hostile. I'm agreeing with you. You didn't offend me, quite opposite, I thought I was the only person here who didn't like the animation quality.

No, I did. Because I think they are. But as I explained, as cheap as they are, I know and understand why they went with cheap animation. I just wish they hadn't.

I don't like the approach they used, and I do wish to share your opinion on this matter, though.

I haven't been here very long, but is it normal for folks to take completely candid, face-value comments and totally misinterpret them? Was I so matter-of-fact that my statements were truely misread as sarcasm? :I

Oh dear. Sorry, I genuinely thought you were being sarcastic with your comments. Your tone seemed a bit frantic, but it's my own fault for reading it like that. Again, sorry.

Anyway, that Kopaka test looks amazing. It bends pieces in too many unnatural-looking ways for me to like it more than the actual animations.

I like the test video, but you can already see where there would have been problems with a full web series. 3D modeling is way more intensive, and if you think it looks cheap now (I don't really think it does, but whatever) then this would have just crushed people.

Also, their count is 19 episodes total... so I'm assuming they don't count the trailers, but do count The Legend, so there's going to be a further 9 episodes like in season 1.

Yeah, that Kopaka test shows just how limited and awkward that style of "animation" is. I am very, very glad they went with a simpler aesthetic that lends itself well to animation.

Edited by CabooseBM

Also, their count is 19 episodes total... so I'm assuming they don't count the trailers, but do count The Legend, so there's going to be a further 9 episodes like in season 1.

Something seems to be wrong with those numbers, though... They also say that they have made 11 character spots... But 6 Toa + 5 skull creatures + Ekimu already makes 12 character spots that have been released so far.

As for the episodes, since The Legend is essentially episode "0", I could easily imagine how someone might accidently miss this episode by just looking at the number of the final episode and claim that this is the total number of episodes.

Something seems to be wrong with those numbers, though... They also say that they have made 11 character spots... But 6 Toa + 5 skull creatures + Ekimu already makes 12 character spots that have been released so far.

As for the episodes, since The Legend is essentially episode "0", I could easily imagine how someone might accidently miss this episode by just looking at the number of the final episode and claim that this is the total number of episodes.

Perhaps! I guess we won't know until this year's webisodes start coming to a close.

I'm glad to see that it wasn't fate seemingly picking Lewa for random to get his mask taken, but that we saw him be a victim out of his own arrogance and cockyness. It's a nice homage while driving home a small lesson of sorts. Considering that we did not see Kopaka's mask get taken and none of the Skull Villains minus Slicer featured mask stealing in their animations, I think it's safe to say that Lewa will be the only one.

Here is how I see this wave of episodes playing out:

10- Skull Warriors pops up, Toa are surprised and attacked

11- Toa defeat Skull Warriors, Lewa gets his mask taken by Skull Slicer

12- Toa go after Skull Slicer, defeat him, and enter the Graveyard

13- Toa are attacked by Skull Scorpios, defeat them

14- Toa find Ekimu's Mausoleum and awaken him

15- Toa and Ekimu head up to the Forge and are stopped by Skull Basher

16- Onua defeats Skull Basher and they enter into the Forge

17- Skull Grinder destroys all of the Toa's masks and Brutaka's them

18- Ekimu powers up, defeats all the Skull Villains, and claims the MoC

I'm glad to see that it wasn't fate seemingly picking Lewa for random to get his mask taken, but that we saw him be a victim out of his own arrogance and cockyness. It's a nice homage while driving home a small lesson of sorts. Considering that we did not see Kopaka's mask get taken and none of the Skull Villains minus Slicer featured mask stealing in their animations, I think it's safe to say that Lewa will be the only one.

Actually, Basher did steal Onua's mask in the character video. So did Warrior.

Episode 11 out in Russia.

Bwahahah

Did LEGO's web-department(s) learn nothing?

Poor Merlin.

EDIT: Also, is this the first time we've seen Lewa use his control over plants?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

Hmm, okay, I didn't remember those parts. I still find it odd that they just defeated the Warriors and moved on without Kopaka's mask getting taken; maybe it was cut for time. Pohatu's is still up in the air but Onua is definitely getting his taken later on.

The only thing showing that Kopaka got his mask stolen was the still shot, with Lewa and Onua we have actual animation frames and Scoprio's one suggest that Pohatu will lose his mask. But because warriors are an army all of them aren't possibly defeated. I think it's possible they will appear on the arena and take Kopaka's mask there.

The character vids are far from canon, though, as demonstrated in the Winter Wave vids

The character vids are far from canon, though, as demonstrated in the Winter Wave vids

Who knows, maybe they happened in some sort of sequential order and LOSS has fast-travel or teleportation capabilities!

For real though, the ones for that wave are obviously not canon but I think that these are made from miscellanious clips from the nine episodes about the Summer Wave. I do agree with GK733 when he says that Kopaka's mask was only stolen in a still shot that had an artstyle slightly off to lead me to believe that it was made specifically for the character video.

Episode 10 is out in English. Thanks BZPower!

I really wanted to say something good about this episode. Gali's voice improved, but then the next time she spoke her voice was awful again. :hmpf_bad:

Now that I've seen Ep. 10 in English, I must say, I did enjoy. Pohatu's line made me chuckle: "You're loud enough to wake the dead." And the banter between Tahu and Kopaka was enjoyable as well. Glad that there's still some friction between the two.

This is probably my favorite episode so far. The Toa are about to see some action, and there were some enjoyable humorous bits thrown in as well.

I'm glad Tahu and Kopaka haven't resolved their differences just yet. Not that I mind Tahu being the leader in general, but the conflict was obviously unresolved after Ep9, so it would have been a shame to see that just swept under the rug in favor of what's "normal".

Just thought of something... There's all the talk of how Ekimu and Makuta are just villagers, but then what element tribes are they from...?

Just thought of something... There's all the talk of how Ekimu and Makuta are just villagers, but then what element tribes are they from...?

Well Ekimu might be from the Ice Tribe while Makuta might be from the Earth Tribe. I'd rather they were a different, more ancient species compared to the villagers though.