I don't know why people (not here, but on other sites) have been comparing the LOSS fight to the MNOG Makuta fight from Gen 1. LOSS is not the main villain; in fact, he's barely even relevant to the story (as far as we know....), so comparing him to the overarching villain of Gen 1 is kind of ridiculous.

The LOSS fight is more like Kopaka versus the Muaka from MNOG.....In fact, both of them die after falling off a cliff....

Let's see Grinder emerge form a huge pile of spinning bones in the air and shooting them at the toa. Edited by GK733

I don't know why people (not here, but on other sites) have been comparing the LOSS fight to the MNOG Makuta fight from Gen 1. LOSS is not the main villain; in fact, he's barely even relevant to the story (as far as we know....), so comparing him to the overarching villain of Gen 1 is kind of ridiculous.

The LOSS fight is more like Kopaka versus the Muaka from MNOG.....In fact, both of them die after falling off a cliff....

Eh I guess they're disappointed how easy LOSS went down because his bio and appearance suggest he's a ruthless killing machine but when the toa actually fought him he just sorta stood there (like the real thing :) ) and fired webs out of mouth. I'm not expecting a Makuta level fight but when the baddie is not even really attacking its just not as cool.

He (she?) is hilariously blasé, though. *Yes, I see that you're running towards me. No, I'm not going to flee. Besides your horrible one-liners, nothing that you can do can hurt me. I'm just going to shoot at you guys now.*

Eh I guess they're disappointed how easy LOSS went down because his bio and appearance suggest he's a ruthless killing machine but when the toa actually fought him he just sorta stood there (like the real thing :) ) and fired webs out of mouth. I'm not expecting a Makuta level fight but when the baddie is not even really attacking its just not as cool.

He (she?) is hilariously blasé, though. *Yes, I see that you're running towards me. No, I'm not going to flee. Besides your horrible one-liners, nothing that you can do can hurt me. I'm just going to shoot at you guys now.*

I mentioned that a few pages back; it (that's the most accurate pronoun, I believe) is so passive during the whole battle it barely acts like a villain! I kind of half-expect to discover the LOSS was like G1's Bohrok or Umbra now: threatening and scary, but actually doing something good at the wrong time. Hopefully the Skull Army is going to be a better menace.

Let's see Grinder emerge form a huge pile of spinning bones in the air and shooting them at the toa.

By that logic, shouldn't we save that for Makuta and have Grinder act as the Manas crabs?

Then again, spinning bones fits the Robo-Skeletor better (unless the MoUP is the real villain; then I'm all for spinning-bones-around-floating-mask).

Edited by The Outsider

I think people are comparing it because its our first instance of a 'villain fight' in Gen 2. Even if its not a main villain, it gives us a taste of what the animated fights will be like i guess?

All I want is an episode-long battle between Ekimu and Skull Grinder. Then I'll be happy.

I didn't think the fight was that bad; short, sure, but for six Toa fighting against a probably non-sapient monster, not so bad then. It's not like LOSS had any super powers or anything.

Made me smile.

Just a little.

When are the summer sets out again?

I think you've already answered you question. :wink::tongue:

According to the Toy Fair they are supposed to be out around this August.

Street date lately has been 1st of August, we'll likely see them beforehand, since street dates get broken all the time =P.

I think you've already answered you question. :wink::tongue:

According to the Toy Fair they are supposed to be out around this August.

Street date lately has been 1st of August, we'll likely see them beforehand, since street dates get broken all the time =P.

:P

Ironically, even though LOSS is meant to be the killing machine, when you think about it it's actually the Toa that are in that scene. LOSS just shows up and they all decide it would be a good idea to smack down a giant bug because they "can't outrun it" when they're the ones charging towards it in hopes of killing it. It's even funnier when apparently LOSS is more terrible then whatever happened in the Ancient City a long time ago.

Ironically, even though LOSS is meant to be the killing machine, when you think about it it's actually the Toa that are in that scene. LOSS just shows up and they all decide it would be a good idea to smack down a giant bug because they "can't outrun it" when they're the ones charging towards it in hopes of killing it. It's even funnier when apparently LOSS is more terrible then whatever happened in the Ancient City a long time ago.

I said his bio and appearance SUGGEST he's a ruthless killing machine, but beneath his black exoskeleton lies...another layer of black exoskeleton, but beneath all that is a misunderstood creature with a heart (and mask) of gold.

LOSS just wasn't meant to be a villain....He's more of an obstacle, or a minor speed bump on the road to the Ancient City. I can't believe people would expect more from a $15 spider. :tongue:

That being said, I really hope the final battle of 2015 is a bit more "epic"--like, say, if it were Skull Spiders and Skull Army vs. Toa and Protectors. Or, at the very least, a MNOG Makuta-esque fight against Skull Grinder....

Pssssssst we reviewed Tahu - Master of Fire you should check it out

Shameless plugging aside, I can see why people might have expected more from the fight, even if it really wasn't so bad. The Manas got punted around pretty easily in 2001, and they were enormous.

Some people have been comparing LOSS and his crew to the Bohrok and if that is so what exactly are they doing? If they are protecting the ancient city why are they going out of their way to attacking villages? Why do they want the golden masks? Are they trying to deliver them to Grinder or is their another motive. Before the summer story comes out I actually want to know what happens when a protector or toa* gets mind-controlled by a skull spider. Do they stay intelligently evil or become rampaging beasts? What exactly does the spider force the victim to do?

*Lewa

Some people have been comparing LOSS and his crew to the Bohrok and if that is so what exactly are they doing? If they are protecting the ancient city why are they going out of their way to attacking villages? Why do they want the golden masks? Are they trying to deliver them to Grinder or is their another motive. Before the summer story comes out I actually want to know what happens when a protector or toa* gets mind-controlled by a skull spider. Do they stay intelligently evil or become rampaging beasts? What exactly does the spider force the victim to do?

*Lewa

In terms of the spiders' motives, it's possible they all work for (either directly or indirectly) Makuta. Figuring he wants the Golden Masks, then he'd send out his army of Spiders to get them for him.

Also, the fact that Ekimu can speak to the Toa through their Gold Masks doesn't make it out of the question that Makuta could be doing the same with the Skull Spiders, or to a lesser extent, LOSS.

Also, the fact that Ekimu can speak to the Toa through their Gold Masks doesn't make it out of the question that Makuta could be doing the same with the Skull Spiders, or to a lesser extent, LOSS.

Yeah, I think that Makuta is controlling the LoSS, and uses it to control the Skull Spiders (through the Golden Skull Spider Mask) to get the Golden Masks. The LoSS' job is to guard the Ancient City (so I'd say it's neutral rather than a pure villain), so I doubt it would have sent the Spiders to attack the villagers by itself, there must be somebody who "told" it to do so.

In terms of the spiders' motives, it's possible they all work for (either directly or indirectly) Makuta. Figuring he wants the Golden Masks, then he'd send out his army of Spiders to get them for him.

Makes sense. He could be controlling LOSS and the spiders with his connection with the golden spider mask (which I'm pretty sure he forged). So he's sending the spiders out to search for all the golden masks of power. It's possible LOSS may return to stop grinder as grinder's box art suggests he is trying to melt the MOC which is one of the masks Makuta wants

I'm sorry, but i didnt understans - will Lego make a Takanuva Okoto?

As of now we don't know. There were some rumors of a toa-sized ekimu and a really cool takanuva vs teridax MOC shown in a Lego store but that's about it.

Theory zone below:

Seeing that the protector mask leaves space at the bottom, I think the POF child will don the Mask of time becoming a a toa like takua. It's just a theory of course, a BIONICLE theory!