That's... really not ambiguous at all? They want us to spot the easter eggs, and they're just making a game out of it. If they're going to connect the universes, they'd probably make a big deal out of it.

Not necessarily true. The entire crux of the "Vahi theory" for many people (myself included) is that it's mainly to be left to the individual's interpretation. The ambiguity is an important part of it. I believe in the universe connection myself, and I don't really entertain the notion that Lego will make some huge spectacle out of it.

That's one of the main reasons why I think debating it and bringing it up over and over has little merit.

Edited by Mesonak

OMG, every time I search Bionicle 2015 into google image, this happens at least once a week: I get at least one Kill la Kill picture! LOL

But anyways, Why are we still debating over this Vahi conspiracy again? We could be talking about something else, like where is the temple of time located? No one has ever pondered this?

That's actually a pretty good question... I wish we had some more insight into Okoto's landmarks.

We have yet to see the toa meet eachother (possibly getting back some memories?) The game is not excatly story focused but my guess is that they all meet on the gates of the ancient city. As the game suggests there are six paths, one from each region.

It sure bugs me that Makuta travelled to the stone region just to put the mask on but made it at the forge of the ancient city.

Looking at the image more now, i've noticed some smoke/mist/fog coming form the side of the middle mountain into Gali's region. Given that the concept art depicts the ancient city as surrounded by fog/mist i would'nt be suprised if the ancient city is in or near the middle mountain

We have yet to see the toa meet eachother (possibly getting back some memories?) The game is not excatly story focused but my guess is that they all meet on the gates of the ancient city. As the game suggests there are six paths, one from each region.

Their was a piece of concept art with the six toa standing at the bridge to the ancient city, so you are probably correct about them meeting up their.

It sure bugs me that Makuta travelled to the stone region just to put the mask on but made it at the forge of the ancient city.

If i had to guess a theory would be that Makuta (via his own awareness or being controlled by the MoUP) travelled to the stone region for a reason, likely to release whatever is buried under the stone region as the ground cracked when he put on the MoUP.

Alternatively he just wanted to be away from Ekimu when he put on the Mask so that Ekimu didnt know he had made it...

Edited by Scarilian

I figure the stone region is a secluded, empty place that was ideal for testing a mega weapon (much like how the nuke was tested in the Nevada desert). I mean, it's desolate, private, and away from most civilizations (aside from the poor Stone village, but they could have been far enough away) so as not to negatively affect them.

I like to believe Makuta made a conscious decision to test the mask away from society and in secret. I don't think even he knew what the Mask would be capable of, so having a nice, large testing site to gauge its power would be suiting.

And since we're on the topic of Okoto, I'm not so much wondering about landmarks, but rather how big it is.

I figure the stone region is a secluded, empty place that was ideal for testing a mega weapon (much like how the nuke was tested in the Nevada desert). I mean, it's desolate, private, and away from most civilizations (aside from the poor Stone village, but they could have been far enough away) so as not to negatively affect them.

I like to believe Makuta made a conscious decision to test the mask away from society and in secret. I don't think even he knew what the Mask would be capable of, so having a nice, large testing site to gauge its power would be suiting.

And since we're on the topic of Okoto, I'm not so much wondering about landmarks, but rather how big it is.

Didn't the mask threaten to destroy the entire island? I guess you can say Makuta didn't know the MoUP was that powerful (irooooony), but nonetheless.

Which could perhaps work towards the 'Makuta will turn good ala Garmadon' theory.

Didn't the mask threaten to destroy the entire island? I guess you can say Makuta didn't know the MoUP was that powerful (irooooony), but nonetheless.

That was, yknow, after it was used that its power started to destroy. I am betting that Makuta didn't expect the results that he got (especially since he would have never used it if he knew it would have taken him over). Going again with the nuke analogy presented by Kalhiki, the scientists on the Manhattan Project knew that the bomb would be very powerful, but I doubt that thy knew the magnitude of destruction it caused. I think it is pretty likely that Makuta thought he would be able to use the mask like any other, perhaps standing atop a pillar ala the Avatar opening, throwing around all kinds of elements and wowing the Protectors.

Today Lego released a response to the Facebook post asking people to 'spot the secret in the animations' today:

gg4qjZX.png

Edited by TheDesuComplex

Today Lego released a response to the Facebook post today:

gg4qjZX.png

It's worth noting that they did not refer to it as the Vahi, but as the Mask of Time.

Since they're trying to avoid too many new terms, it seems, I'm not terribly surprised. It still is the Mask of Time =P. Hopefully this means the new Mask of Time will make an appearance soon.

Does that mean that the Mask of Time (G2) will look like the G1 Vahi ? Because I don't know how younger fans (or anyone who doesn't know that it's the G1 Vahi) would react if the MoT hidden in the videos is too different from the actual MoT (if we do get one).

That ,map still doesn't show where the temple of time is. Unless its in the center of the island like the Kini Nui was on Mata Nui.

What's the verification on those exact spots being where those events took place? I haven't seen any of this on the website or in the game (though admittedly I spent only a few minutes on the game, I'm just not much of a video game person).

I get the feeling the whole focus on time is less a nod to the past and more telling us that the past is still in continuity. I just dont get why they'd have the memory loss if it means nothing in the long-run.

Well, I mean, the Toa had the same sort of memory loss in 2001, and there was at that point no older continuity for it TO be referencing. So yes, we will probably learn at some point where the Toa came from, just like we did in the old story. But it's a bit too early to say whether the Toa's past will be connected with the previous continuity.

I believe the most likely new bone type piece we will get is a piece that essentially combines the below pieces, as this would allow an increased level of MOC'ing with the older Bionicle pieces as you'd be able to use either a CCBS armour piece or a classic Bionicle armour piece

eV3F4qt.png?1

The issue with this type of piece is that it would not allow you to attach an armor shell to all four sides of the beam — just the front and back. The ability to use an armor shell in any orientation is one of the big advantages the current shell and beam designs have allowed for, since you can now give a model a different look without needing to resort to a different piece.

That's not to say there would be no advantages to new types of beam with more Technic connection points. But they would certainly not be able to take the place of the current ones, merely complement them.

Does that mean that the Mask of Time (G2) will look like the G1 Vahi ? Because I don't know how younger fans (or anyone who doesn't know that it's the G1 Vahi) would react if the MoT hidden in the videos is too different from the actual MoT (if we do get one).

I have no doubt that it will have SOME similarities, just as pretty much all the Toa masks have some similarities to the Toa's previous masks. With that said, I expect that it will cover the forehead as well as the front of the face, due to both the comments at NYCC and the fact that if it didn't cover the forehead the mask-knocking-off feature would not be compatible with the new Mask of Time.

I feel like LEGO is aware of the fan debate about the Vahi and posted this to show that it is just an easter egg and doesn't mean anything...

I feel like LEGO is aware of the fan debate about the Vahi and posted this to show that it is just an easter egg and doesn't mean anything...

What are you talking about? Most people who visit this board knows that there's going to be/is a Mask of Time in G2, hence the Easter eggs. Edited by MonkeyChud

What are you talking about? Most people who visit this board knows that there's going to be/is a Mask of Time in G2, hence the Easter eggs.

I meant that people were speculating that Gen 2 had a connection to Gen 1 because the Gen 1 Vahi was appearing, and this may be Lego's way of saying that the two aren't connected...

I meant that people were speculating that Gen 2 had a connection to Gen 1 because the Gen 1 Vahi was appearing, and this may be Lego's way of saying that the two aren't connected...

I don't believe Lego has any particular intent behind the messages, one way or another. Nothing they've said on the matter has debunked the theory, and nothing has confirmed it either. They're just bringing to attention the easter eggs for people that haven't spotted them yet.

Edited by Mesonak

That ,map still doesn't show where the temple of time is. Unless its in the center of the island like the Kini Nui was on Mata Nui.

True, we dont have a confirmed location for the temple of time. It has grass near it though so we can probably rule out certain locations... but nothing to place it.

What's the verification on those exact spots being where those events took place? I haven't seen any of this on the website or in the game (though admittedly I spent only a few minutes on the game, I'm just not much of a video game person).

The locations are based mostly off the animation, so might not be 100% correct, just transferred them from the animated map to the 'real life based' map.

This shows the location where the Toa landed, and where they landed was revealed in the animations to be outside the respective villages/tribes.

http://www.lego.com/...l.r=-1336109584

The Gali Gold mask was determined via the descriptions of the underwater ravine and the whirlpool that it generates, only one whirlpool was shown so i'm going under the belief its their. Tahu's gold mask was determined by the image of the Volcano's in the background when he climbed with the Protectors, we could see several Volcanoes but no mountain, implying it was the tallest Volcano and that the background was towards the sea.

Since they're trying to avoid too many new terms, it seems, I'm not terribly surprised. It still is the Mask of Time =P. Hopefully this means the new Mask of Time will make an appearance soon.

Just wondering if this might be the 'Gift With Purchase' in March (I think its March)

Edited by Scarilian