All we seem to know is that they're after the masks for whatever reason, most likely something to do with Makuta.

It remains as question though if these guys also mutate their prey. That could be the plot point of skullguys in summer.

I just want a bonkle Ravenholm. These guys reseamblance headcrabs so much.

Edited by GK733

In the CG commercial the MoCr in LoSS's.. claws I guess glows red and the Spiders seem to multiply. So maybe they're created via the MoCr? I doubt LoSS on his own can create them though. I'm starting to think the Skull army existed before Makuta's betrayal and that he's using them (remember my Ninjago and Bleach examples?). I think the Skull Spiders are part of the army, while LoSS is just a random beast mutated/created by Makuta to act as his servant.

In the CG commercial the MoCr in LoSS's.. claws I guess glows red and the Spiders seem to multiply. So maybe they're created via the MoCr? I doubt LoSS on his own can create them though. I'm starting to think the Skull army existed before Makuta's betrayal and that he's using them (remember my Ninjago and Bleach examples?). I think the Skull Spiders are part of the army, while LoSS is just a random beast mutated/created by Makuta to act as his servant.

Huh, never occurred to me that they could be created with the mask; always seemed a sci-fi taboo, magically creating life without due process.

We know the LOSS uses the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders (GMOSS? Blech) to control them, but I always figured that Makuta was controlling the LOSS using his own Mask of Creation.

We also, as far as I'm aware, don't know what the Skull Spiders can do. We know they can attach to Toa and Protector faces. But does that allow a Spider to use mind control the way Krana and infected masks did? Or does that simply incapacitate the victim? The comics don't shed light on this (unless there's something I haven't seen which is a huge possibility).

Maybe Onua won't have to fight a mind-controlled Lewa for once. :tongue:

Has it been confirmed that the new plastic is indeed shinier than last year?

I haven't noticed any difference in the sets I've received. The masks are shinier than many 2004–2013 BIONICLE and Hero Factory masks, but this is because they are made of hard polycarbonate plastic rather than softer polypropylene plastic, and generally have a very smooth surface finish. The other parts are generally just as shiny as similar parts from previous years.

My parents found these at Toys 'R' Us:

They said the Three Kings might bring more, hinting at Gali.

Lucky, I couldn't get Onua! I could have gotten the Protector of Earth, which the guy at Target brought out, but I was thinking too fast and got the Protector of Ice instead (at least he goes with Kopaka).

Edited by Puffle Pal26

I haven't noticed any difference in the sets I've received. The masks are shinier than many 2004–2013 BIONICLE and Hero Factory masks, but this is because they are made of hard polycarbonate plastic rather than softer polypropylene plastic, and generally have a very smooth surface finish. The other parts are generally just as shiny as similar parts from previous years.

Thank you!

As to what the spiderskulls do....if it were live action it would be horrifying. Think face huggers with scary faces....

Edited by Rayskull

My parents found these at Toys 'R' Us:

They said the Three Kings might bring more, hinting at Gali.

And what country did they visited?

Edited by GK733

Thank you!

As to what the spiderskulls do....if it were live action it would be horrifying. Think face huggers with scary faces....

Kinda like headcrabs with less gore.

And what country did they visited?

We live in Puerto Rico. The Toys 'R' Us in Mayaguez, to be specific, is where they went.

My Target has been extremely helpful at getting me the sets. The only issue is that the Target Inventory Checker does not seem to be working, because I went to two other Targets and they were missing all the stock they supposedly had. Today I was able to get Lewa and the Protectors of Jungle and Stone. They also let me know to check back after they overhaul the toy section on Friday. I am hoping to find a couple of sets at Toys R Us later, but I only have $35 left in the budget.

On the Prophecy of Heroes, I was already leaning on the idea that Ekimu's tomb was lost in time. I believe that the Toa, once they find their gold masks and unite, will be able to tap some hidden power and awaken Ekimu and from there they will search for the Mask of Creation (which will depicted in Mask Maker Versus Skull Grinder).

Edited by TheDesuComplex

I'm really hoping that the BIONICLE website gets updated with something new.....like Okoto Online Game. I find it odd that they have nothing fun for kids to interact with on the website.

Also, does anyone know when the next episode will be released?

I'm really hoping that the BIONICLE website gets updated with something new.....like Okoto Online Game. I find it odd that they have nothing fun for kids to interact with on the website.

I doubt that we will have something deep and complex like MNOG, and I bet any games we get will be simpler games. I do believe that Lego will launch the Bionicle app soon, and when they do I believe it is likely that they will release the next episode and games.

The website is still technically listed as a "sneak peak"... people have been forgetting that it isn't January since, well, October. There will be some form of game at some point, but what kind is up for debate. A horde shooter mobile/browser game is likely, since that's what worked (well enough) with Hero Factor, and the Skull Spiders clearly lend themselves to swarm villains. But considering that they're pulling out a lot of stops for this relaunch, I could see something bigger.

Also, got the magazine in; not expecting many more, so it's nice to get the one with the BIONICLE pamphlet.

In case anyone is interested, the February LEGO store calendar says that in the spring, the Hero Factory creative building attraction at LEGOLAND parks will be replaced with a BIONICLE one. Sort of exciting news, I guess.

image12-225x300.jpg?1419972203

So, I know with everyone being excited over Bionicle coming back, I'm surprised this new set was overlooked. How'd we miss it?! :laugh:

Seriously, I didn't see any new Bionicle at the walmart down the street, but imagine my surprise on the way out to see a set from 2008 sitting in a Return Cart while I was leaving the store.

I really wish I had thought to ask how much they wanted for it.

^Wow, I guess Wal-Mart isn't very strict on returns.....

BTW, if Ekimu and Makuta both died, then how did the villagers get new masks? Maybe they had to hire a new mask maker......The one in the Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder set? Maybe....Takanuva? Some nice gold and funmetal gunmetal shells, maybe a new Avohkii......

^Wow, I guess Wal-Mart isn't very strict on returns.....

BTW, if Ekimu and Makuta both died, then how did the villagers get new masks? Maybe they had to hire a new mask maker......The one in the Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder set? Maybe....Takanuva? Some nice gold and funmetal gunmetal shells, maybe a new Avohkii......

It's possible that the villagers haven't had a source of new masks since Ekimu and Makuta were knocked out, but their population has been stable enough that they've been able to survive by passing down the masks they already had, and maybe using some masks that Ekimu and Makuta had created but never gave to the villagers.

I guess I was a little surprised that Target was basically the first(???) to release the sets pre-street date but thinking back I'm not all too shocked. In 2008 my Target was the first to get the Phatoka in, even though it was after the Jan. 1st release date. The stores around here are funny, and infuriating, like that. XD I think the more surprising times in my life was when my Kmart got the Mahri in during July of 07, and when I picked up Mata Nui in May of 09 at TRU. Ahhh the nostalgia.

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Speaking of masks, I wonder: What purpose do the masks serve for the villagers/Protectors? Is it like the olden days where it provides power to the being?

Also, do the Protectors have mask powers? I believe it said in the magazine that they used their masks to shape the island or something along those lines. It'd be cool if they were like the "noble" versions of the Toa's masks: less power, but still able to control the different elements.

EDIT: Yep: "The villagers used their masks to shape the island to suit their needs."

Edited by Kalhiki

- The protectors buried Ekimu in the city

Hum, I never thought of that, but if Ekimu is buried in the Ancient City, then the Toa will have to defeat the LoSS to enter it to get to him, and perhaps, when they will awake him, they will also awake the Skull Army.