Yeah... Usually Target is late to the party :laugh:.

on the topic of story content: does anyone think that the books will tell the start of the story or will it be the second half due to the animations telling the beginning?

Could be neither. It's entirely possible that the books might tell side-stories like the first four Ninjago chapter books or the Legends of Chima storybooks. In that case, they're not obligated to convey an entire story arc at all.

None at my TRU. Funny enough, the workers still confuse HF with Bionicle.

Didn't bother to check Target, though. Might call later on.

Man, I don't know why, but somehow I got kinda detached to this discussion - or to Eurobricks in general (I remember that I wanted to make a review of Brain Attack Evo simply because nobody else did that to my knowledge, but I guess it's really too late for that now).

But I'm nonetheless super-excited for the new Bionicle sets! I guess it's just that I'm more interested into them from a set-view, which means I don't care that much about the story.

I'm also intrigued to learn that they already start showing up in stores. Are there any informations on sightings of them in Germany though?

I just noticed that the suggested age range is 7-14...

Old Bionicle began about 14 years ago

I don't think it was intentional, but food for thought, no?

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

I think we've been had.

I somehow doubt

. :P

I don't personally think it's a hoax; with that being said, I think that it was either a mistake that they got put on shelves this early OR they're just rolling out to certain parts of the country before others.

Oh, and to add my contribution, currently nothing in southern Mississippi (big surprise).

Edited by Mesonak

I dropped by (my North Texas) Target last night and did not find anything. I've officially gone from 'oh, I can wait until the 1st' to 'I need these now.' Crossing my fingers I can find the Stone figures.

I would go out to look, but I have no reason to other than Bionicle. Plus, it's a nightmare to go out during the Christmas shopping season.

I'll just wait 'till the 1st. But I will keep checking this topic to see if there're any sightings.

Well, according to this fellow on Reddit, they've shown up in Ontario, Canada. Bricks and Blocks... Huh....

-LJ

It looks like the sets are being found at little shops. Hm...There only place I know that probably sells Lego, is a little hobby shop all the way across town. I could check there, but I don't wanna go over there for nothing.

I think we've been had.

If you're implying my report was untrue, I can assure you that's not the case unless I was lied to by both the Target employee who first told that there were BIONICLE sets in stock and then the Target employee at the store who informed me that the sets were "flying off the shelves." :P Something makes me doubt two different employees would lie about something like this.

(Not to mention someone else was apparently able to buy two Protectors from a Target somewhere.)

It really does vary from store to store. Likely a mistake that my Target put them out so early, as Meso said, since they haven't seemed to have since restocked them at that Target. I doubt the ACTUAL widespread early rollout will be until right before or after Christmas.

If you're implying my report was untrue, I can assure you that's not the case unless I was lied to by both the Target employee who first told that there were BIONICLE sets in stock and then the Target employee at the store who informed me that the sets were "flying off the shelves." :P Something makes me doubt two different employees would lie about something like this.

(Not to mention someone else was apparently able to buy two Protectors from a Target somewhere.)

It really does vary from store to store. Likely a mistake that my Target put them out so early, as Meso said, since they haven't seemed to have since restocked them at that Target. I doubt the ACTUAL widespread early rollout will be until right before or after Christmas.

I posted that like 6 hours ago, ahahaha.

But seriously though, I wasn't questioning your credibility per-say--'Twas talking about the person who took the photo. I just found it pretty odd that only the Protector's of Ic e and Earth were the only ones to be found, at Target no less. Like you, asked an employee at my local TRU if they had any Bionicle sets, and she said they were in an isle right next to a giant lego display. So I walked over to said location, and all the shelf(ves) had was large Technic sets that no one wanted, and HF. I have yet to contact my local Target, but I doubt I'll find anything there.

As of now, mostly 'Mom & Pop'/hobby/small business shops have broken the street date, but alas, I don't know of such places near me. Coupled with that fact, the West Coast usually gets a lot of sets last in the U.S.

Edited by MonkeyChud

Coupled with that fact, the West Coast usually gets a lot of sets last in the U.S.

Not if you've got a good Fred Meyer. I've found so many new themes several weeks early at the one by my apartment here in Portland. I'm waiting to see if they break the BIONICLE street date too.

Not if you've got a good Fred Meyer. I've found so many new themes several weeks early at the one by my apartment here in Portland. I'm waiting to see if they break the BIONICLE street date too.

While Seattle/upper Northwest usually gets nothing =P.

I went to my local Target and Fred Meyer today; nothing to speak of. I'll be heading to TRU eventually, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Edited by Dorek

Hey guys, it's not a huge update but LOSS character page has added some stuff. Like I said it's not much...

uGEx4S4.png?1

Please Lego...

The description you get when you click on that does give us some new information, though, such as that Lord of Skull Spiders has night vision and is venomous.

Speaking of Lord of Skull Spiders, something about the set occurred to me last night. A lot of people are disappointed with its size, but technically it has more pieces than an individual Nui-Jaga. Longer legs, too.

In general I find myself wanting more and more to handle Lord of Skull Spiders for myself. Even though it gets such a bad rap, I am extremely impressed with the complexity of its design and its general fearsomeness. I have a feeling that if it weren't the ONLY dedicated villain set this wave, it probably wouldn't have been nearly as poorly received.

Fred Meyer's? Jeez, haven't seen/heard of that place in years. I doubt we still have one of those in Utah still.

The description you get when you click on that does give us some new information, though, such as that Lord of Skull Spiders has night vision and is venomous.

Weird. I don't get any description. Just a larger version of the picture.

Weird. I don't get any description. Just a larger version of the picture.

Try zooming out. I have trouble with that as well. Seems like it's not optimized for all screen resolutions.

Yup, I agree with your ideas on modding. The sets are very good on their own, but I am gonna make a handful of small adjustments on them once I get them to refine them a teensy bit more. I absoulutely love how well CCBS lends itself to small modifications! My current plans involve:

Lewa- moving down his shoulders one module and replace the keetorange. PoJ: Replacing the majority of the trans apple green and keetorange with apple green and olive green.

Gali- simplifying her trident down PoW- moving the propellers to the back

Pohatu- removing the trans neon green (which will wait until I get him in-hand to see how it looks) PoS- revamping his weapon into a minigun-esque shooter

Kopaka- new shield attatchment PoI- more trans light blue, new weapon mounts, and ELBOWS

Tahu- more trans neon orange PoF- new chest build, a sword made out of those fire pieces, and ELBOWS

Onua- swapping gold pieces to silver PoE- a revamp from the ground up to be primarily dark grey and black with some purple

LOSS- a complete and total revamp from the ground up to be big, bulky, and based on CCBS

Those are some pretty cool ideas (never thought about giving PoJ olive green, it's a cool colour I wish came back but I'm not sure if it looks good with bright/apple green)! Mine are sort of similar.

Toa in general: replacing the 2.0 torso shell with the Breakout one (more texturing, better looking), replacing red axles and blue pins with black copies, generally shorten/lengthen the legs so they're closer in height (rather than Pohatu being a midget compared to Tahu), replacing the yellow parts (the ones that shout "HEY KIDS, it means there's a function here!) with black or grey copies, make the bone colours more consistent (for example, making the upper legs dark bley like the upper arms), replacing the silver hands with ones matching the colours scheme better.

15 Euro Toa:

1)Lewa: giving him more bright green, rebuilding the axes to have axles as handles and replacing the yellow with.. something (see below). The neck poseability issue is unfortunate, but I do really like how it makes him look, so I think I'll keep it.

2)Gali: rebuilding her weapon into a simpler, smaller one and maybe giving her tr.light blue hands like Kopaka's. She's perfect otherwise (a set representing a female character I don't need to mod until I replaced half of the original pieces! Kudos designers!)

3)Pohatu: removing the tr. neon green bones (though I need to see how they look in person), making his arms symmetrical (though I might keep the single shoulder armour look), making him taller, replacing his eyes with tr. light blue ones (so the two eye colours are distributed evenly). Then, I'll either replace some silver with dark tan or replace all silver with gold (which is kind of close to tan). I need to see how dark orange and gold go together in person, all dark orange sets I own are stored away so I can't do a comparison. I fear the combination might look tacky, but Okoto!Pohatu does look good wearing his gold mask.

20 Euro Toa:

4)Kopaka: the one getting the biggest number of mods next to Pohatu. Generally, I want him to look more slender (I find him way too bulky this way) and to sport a cleaner colour scheme. But I have a lot of ideas for his shell sizes and colours, so I'll post the finished model once I completed him otherwise this paragraph is going to end up in an incoherent rambling (actually, it did, but it lies in the Graveyard of Drafts now).

5)Tahu: adding more tr. reddish orange (on the upper legs, I think), making him slightly bulkier and redesigning his lower legs. Also, I want to see how the printed shells from Fangz would look on him (I got the idea from Kopaka), I feel they could potentially look really cool.

6)Onua: making him taller and replacing the gold add-ons with silver copies.

Protectors: as I wrote the other day, I'm not sure of how many ones I'll buy and keep together, but the mods would be mostly about adding elbows and back armour, and rebuilding some weapons (I don't like the spinning ones like PoI's and PoE, too gimmicky).

LOSS: not getting him (or her, that's a cool idea).

I really don't think changing Lewa's yellow shells to lime is that a great idea, think about a MOC that would use reddish brown and dark orange as main colors... no please.

http://i.imgur.com/6k20TOq.png?

It could potentially work, I think, though I don't think it'd work as well as his current color scheme. I've seen a Lewa MOC with that color scheme that looked all right.

In any case, it's sort of a moot point because 4M shells don't exist in Bright Yellowish Green. Maybe Transparent Bright Green might work better? After all, the Tahu, Kopaka, and Gali sets use transparent colors to great effect. I just tested it and it actually looks really cool. Like the Flame Yellowish Orange shells, Transparent Bright Green ones add a lot of energy.

I tried the combination IRL (the two greens I mean) and I think there's enough contrast, keetorange is about as bright as lime anyway and it works. I guess the silver armour and black/grey bones provide enough contrast for the combination to look good. Obviously I can't use 4M shells since they don't exist in lime, but if I stik with the lime idea I'll use 3M shells on the arms and 5M shells on the legs to replace the yellow.

I really like the tr. bright green idea, though he'd have to keep the silver hands this way (which is something I'd possibly like to fix). Another idea I toyed with is tr. light blue (4M shells and hands exist in that colour), which is completely new for Lewa just like yellow is, but I feel it could work while staying close to his element (which I'm keeping as air- you know, the blue sky..). Lewa is the only Toa without any transparent element on his body (bones or shells), so these one of these two ideas could fix that.

In the end, like Kopaka and Pohatu, I need to try the combinations myself IRL, there are too many elements missing which are vital to the sets' look (the add-ons, the masks, etc).

Remember, SOlek's mask wasn't meant to be a Noble Akaku, it was intended to be something else. The Av-Matoran wearing noble versions of the Toa Phantoka's masks was something that Greg wasn't fond of. If it had been intended to be the Noble form of the Akaku, they likely would've given it scopes.

Greg deserves my respect for this. I always thought it was a really dumb and forced idea. It would've been better to assign some powers to those (which exist in plastic) rather than to the comic mask designs Sayger had randomly come up with (which were still very cool mind you)..