I have the pics, I'll add them to the first post right now. :wink:

EDIT : Done.

My hero! =D

Yeah, all of these look pretty neat and I really am excited. Out of curiosity, were the descriptions of any importance?

Edited by Toa Eljay

I don't mind the reuse of masks one bit. It seems to me like a happy medium between the BIONICLE theme's tendency in the early years towards completely cloned faces (Bohrok, Rahkshi, Vahki, etc.) and the tendency in the later years to have specialized faces for every villain character that only ever got reused for store exclusives and playsets (Visorak, Piraka, Barraki, etc).

It is a bit odd that the faces of Basher and Scorpio are the same color — you'd think Basher's could have maybe been Titanium Metallic — but still it's nice to have versatile masks in versatile colors instead of everything being either completely generic or completely character-specific.

I generally like the orange accents. They add a bit more color, which is nice since the villain colors are otherwise limited to one transparent color and a bunch of neutral colors, and they match the evil red eyes.

Ekimu looks glorious. Instant-buy for me.

I've been thinking about the Legend a bit.

OKay, so Ekimu gets all the love from the Okotan because he makes the best masks. Makuta goes nuts and makes the MoUP because he's jealous. Doesn't it seem like ol' Makuta's working with the cruelest handicap? His skill at creating masks is being judged directly opposite the guy wearing the Mask of Creation!

Interesting how Basher's description mentions a trigger, not a gear. Maybe instead of waving his arms opposite ways, he's engineered to slam both forward at once? I also think supplementing one of Slicer's swords kinda throws off his whole deal, but since Grinder has his staff plus an extra sword I'll just give it to Slicer so he can have four. (if I even decide to keep Slicer four-armed)

Interesting how Basher's description mentions a trigger, not a gear. Maybe instead of waving his arms opposite ways, he's engineered to slam both forward at once?

Yes indeed. Basher's function is basically built like Dragon Bolt's flapping wing function, and does exactly as you describe (with the added twist that they swing horizontally rather than vertically). My brother reverse-engineered it by looking at Toy Fair pics and I actually used it in a recent MOC.

Since when has BestBuy sold Bonkles? And at a crappy price. ._. But has anybody noticed the Skull villains are all only trans/metalic/black in color scheme?

Edited by MakutaOfWar

Well, these look very nice indeed. I did not expect the new armour add-on to come in both Titanium Metallic and Flat Silver (well, it looks like it in the renders anyhow), so that's a bonus. I'm glad that Skull Slicer's seemingly "boring" skull spider mask is explained in the story. I like the idea that the Skull Spiders can reanimate dead beings, but ultimately that makes me think the mask should have had Skull Spider legs attached to it to show that fact more clearly... but easy fix, especially since I have some spares.

I'm still not a big fan of those bone-bone pieces being used as upper legs though, but that's another easy fix. And Scorpio's claws... now they just don't look right to me. But I'm thinking about giving it something similar (but not exactly the same as) to the claws in the HF Summer Beast combiner, or maybe replacing the neon orange claws with something more neutral (and maybe adding some neon orange elsewhere).

Okay, so the descriptions DID have something important in them. Looks like we're finally getting our combo models after all.

Skull Warrior, Slicer and Basher combine to create a "multi-headed warrior."

And Skull Scorpio and Skull Grinder combine to create a powered up Skull Grinder.

I'm very interested to see what these look like.

You know, it'd be really cool if Skull Slicer got redeemed, had his whatever they are restored, and joined the Toa as the seventh master. What element would he be though?

Also, upon finding out about Slicer and Basher being reanimated champions, I had the hilarious mental image of them having the personalities of Bruford and Tarkus fro JJBATAS.

Interesting...

1) In the Skull Scorpio description, it says that the Masks of Power were lost....I wonder how?

2) The combo models sound interesting....I really hope that they have a role in the story. (But I do wonder why Scorpio and Grinder combine?)

3) Apparently, Grinder has a Mask Stealer Staff....Wait, Grinder steals masks? So he is a....Mask Hoarder, of sorts? #GrinderIsReallyMakutaSummer2015FTW

4) If Slicer is possessed by a Skull Spider, that means that the Skull Spiders are still active....

5) Also, if Slicer used to be a warrior, does that mean there was another race of beings on Okoto?

Also, I thought people were wrong calling him Scorpio, instead of Scorpion.....I guess I am wrong. :/

Overall, I am super excited for the summer. The sets are great, and the story has tons of potential.

I am glad to finally get some news on the summer wave! The combiners sound interesting and we get some neat story tidbits. Slicer's description makes me like him even more and we now know there was a gladiatorial arena of sorts in the ancient city. It is also interesting that the Mask of Skull Spiders is responsible for the necromantic shenanigans. It seems that the skull villains are single (nameless *sigh*) enemies as opposed to a horde-like enemy as I was hoping they were. Who knows, they might still be.

Edited by ToaDraco

^Skull Warrior's box art depicts several more of him in the background, though.

Speaking of which, where did he get that Protector shooter from?...

And maybe Slicer was a Glatorian(partly joking... partly).

Edited by MakutaOfWar

I must say im much more intrested in the summer sets now.

Really glad to hear about the return of combi-models, and now even scorpion dont look to bad.

But that tibit of slicer being resurrected by the Skull Spider (gold or regular?) is VERY intresting. Bring on the summer!

You know, it'd be really cool if Skull Slicer got redeemed, had his whatever they are restored, and joined the Toa as the seventh master. What element would he be though?

My name is Slicer, I will cut through my enemies. It is my destiny to claim my golden mask of power, and become, the master...OF BLENDING!!!!

Edited by Dr_Chronos

What if the Agori and Matoran in Gen 1 had inter-bred on Spherus Magna, and created a new race....The Protectors?! And what if there were still Glatorian around, and they all died...and now they're the Skull villains?!?

Eh, just a theory. :V

EDIT: Oh no, the descriptions have been taken down!! Man, I didn't even get to read Warrior's description....

Edited by LN-01354

EDIT: Oh no, the descriptions have been taken down!! Man, I didn't even get to read Warrior's description....

Don't worry, The Brick Fan has all the descriptions down. Here's Skull Warrior's :classic:

Put the freeze on intruders to the ancient city with the ferocious LEGO BIONICLE Skull Warrior! This warrior can easily repel approaching heroes by unleashing 6 successive shots from the huge freeze bow rapid shooter. This figure also features a skull mask and mask pop-off trigger, hook blade, and a battle bash function to fight off invaders

(gold or regular?)

My guess is that it's a regular Skull Spider, given it's silver and not gold. But who knows, maybe LOSS went and put the golden mask on the dead Slicer and it magically turned silver as it reanimated him/her? :tongue:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

I suggested that a while back; someone replied the sets would have to be too similar to be viable, and now that I think about it that might be a problem. Still, I hope we see the restored Skull Army in the animation, at least.

And I would prefer if they were not actually Masters, but some sort of ancient warrior/guardian species (like the Glatorians in G1, or the Sentinels in Transformers).

Interesting...

1) In the Skull Scorpio description, it says that the Masks of Power were lost....I wonder how?

2) The combo models sound interesting....I really hope that they have a role in the story. (But I do wonder why Scorpio and Grinder combine?)

3) Apparently, Grinder has a Mask Stealer Staff....Wait, Grinder steals masks? So he is a....Mask Hoarder, of sorts? #GrinderIsReallyMakutaSummer2015FTW

4) If Slicer is possessed by a Skull Spider, that means that the Skull Spiders are still active....

5) Also, if Slicer used to be a warrior, does that mean there was another race of beings on Okoto?

Also, I thought people were wrong calling him Scorpio, instead of Scorpion.....I guess I am wrong. :/

Overall, I am super excited for the summer. The sets are great, and the story has tons of potential.

2) Given last constraction lines' record, probably not (please let me be wrong :cry_sad: !). Still a chance for non-canon instruction comics, though; and a combination os skeletal creatures might be easier to pull off.

And the reason they combine is: Grinder, Scorpio and Ekimu were the only ones left out, and there's no way a villain will combine with a hero. Story-wise: I dunno :def_shrug: .

3) I hope not! Makuta needs to come with the MoCR or the MoUP (or both!).

4) I think it says "Skull Spider Mask", not "Skull Spider". But you're probably right (and we need a better fight from LOSS)

5) Probably yes (maybe those statues from Pohatu's shrine?).

What if the Agori and Matoran in Gen 1 had inter-bred on Spherus Magna, and created a new race....The Protectors?! And what if there were still Glatorian around, and they all died...and now they're the Skull villains?!?

Eh, just a theory. :V

I don't remember seeing any Glatorian with four arms. Or a scorpion Glatorian (Vorox were humanoids with stinger tails).

My guess is that it's a regular Skull Spider, given it's silver and not gold. But who knows, maybe LOSS went and put the golden mask on the dead Slicer and it magically turned silver as it reanimated him/her? :tongue:

That reminds me of the Ignika.

Does that mean Slicer can control Skull Spiders now?

Edited by The Outsider

I doubt it's the same mask. We know that the Skull Spiders can brain control their enemies (which needs to happen in the story, dammit!) so reanimating/controlling a dead body doesn't seem too far out of the equation.

That reminds me of the Ignika.

Oh yeah, I didn't think of that. I was making it up as I went along so any references to the Ignika are purely coincidental :tongue:

I doubt it's the same mask. We know that the Skull Spiders can brain control their enemies (which needs to happen in the story, dammit!) so reanimating/controlling a dead body doesn't seem too far out of the equation.

I don't think it's the golden Skull Spider mask either. It's just my scientifically-geared mind creating possible hypotheses over whether the golden Skull Spider mask or a Skull Spider reanimated Skull Slicer :tongue:

Anyway, I wish that Skull Slicer actually had Skull Spider legs on his mask so it shows it was a Skull Spider that reanimated him. At the moment, anything could still be possible, including the gold mask scenario I described earlier.

Makes me feel sorry for Slicer.

Maybe we could see his living form eventually, since Lego might want to use the four-armed gear mechanic again.Or we might just have to MOC it when we get a good silver mask that fits 2015

Awesome to see these new bios. With my Skull villains I will be giving all of them skull spider masks with the idea that they are reanimated by, and then controlled by, the Skull Spiders; nice to see that is also Lego's idea for at least one of them.

Don't fret, I archived them on our website on the off chance that they would be taken down.

Don't worry, The Brick Fan has all the descriptions down. Here's Skull Warrior's :classic:

Thanks! :classic:

3) I hope not! Makuta needs to come with the MoCR or the MoUP (or both!).

Oh, definitely. But who is to say that there won't be any more Makuta sets in the future? :wink:

So the bull skull masks mean bulls exist. I wonder if cows do also...

Edited by MakutaOfWar

So the bull skull masks mean bulls exist. I wonder if cows do also...

Forget Takanuva, this is the comeback we've all been waiting for!

#Mukau2015 confirmed!