Did you guys notice the very small flap protruding down the middle of the boxes? Perhaps they could act as set "previews" you flip up to view more info. Maybe it could have a clear view of the parts, backstory, or functions.

That would be beyond fantastic.

-Gata signoff.png

Which is interesting, since this seems, to me, at least, to be purposefully harkening back to that era specifically. I have always felt those were the best years, as far as story and design direction (mask and part design specifically). These new sets seem to be doing their darnedest to replicate that.

I, for one, love that.

Yes, I agree-

The mindset of some people, though, is that CCBS is a terrible building system and anything that uses it is terrible. I don't really mind CCBS, honestly.

Yes, I agree-

The mindset of some people, though, is that CCBS is a terrible building system and anything that uses it is terrible. I don't really mind CCBS, honestly.

CCBS when used alone restricts too much and everything just looks Hero Factory. it's horrible. But when tweaked and added parts from another lines it becomes an awesome construction system.

If I had to change one set it would be Pohatu and his colour scheme. It's not just the fact he uses silver instead of tan although that is a big deal. There just seems to be masses of silver compared to brown. Just not a fan. When I get the set I might add more brown and change the silver to gunmetal.

Edited by Kingslayer

CCBS when used alone restricts too much and everything just looks Hero Factory. it's horrible. But when tweaked and added parts from another lines it becomes an awesome construction system.

100% agree with you. I've been looking at some amazing MOCs tonight:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130708021905/customherofactory/images/b/bc/BA_Caine_%283%29.JPG

Invasion From Below

http://33.media.tumblr.com/502fa43cd3674b04c0ab2a74aa36240e/tumblr_mzsc50C7IU1rm8qp5o1_1280.jpg

Point is, I love what LEGO is doing right now. And I can't help but get tingles down my spine when I think about how the BIONICLE CCBS formula is going to evolve over the next few years. BIONICLE in its first year didn't have the amazing look it did in its final years (STARS EXCLUDED!), but over the years it built up. So regardless of some current misgivings, and the lack of pistons (which we may never see a full return of :cry_sad: ) if we give BIONICLE 2 a chance to grow (which we are) then in a few years we're going to see some fantastic things. Look at Hero Factory's 1.0 design. Look at Hero Factory 2.0, then 3.0, then Breakout. Breakout was proving ground for Technic-CCBS combos, and it proved not only that Technic works in non-Titan sets but also that you don't always need extra things to make it look good.

Yes, I'm disappointed whenever I look at the old BIONICLE sets and compare them with the new version. It looks too smooth for me (I still intend to buy the sets though), and the piston plate doesn't change it much. But I'm looking forward a lot to the final version of these sets, and I'm looking forward to the future variations. To see how much these designs are going to change just compare 2.0 with Breakout. Simple.

(wow, the topic of my post changed quickly, didn't it?)

TBH, I like the look of the new Toa a lot more than their 01 versions.

I... Kind of agree now, but I wouldn't have agreed back in 2001. But, I am a big CCBS fanboy anyway sooooo

I've noticed the same, honestly. Today I dared to go on deviantART to see what people were saying about the new sets, and to be honest... there was not a whole lot of nastiness. There were some people who said that the new sets lack what they loved about BIONICLE, but for the most part, they were reasonably polite about it. Some even said they were not terribly fond of the CCBS, but that the designs were good and they would probably buy the sets and enjoy them.

Honestly I think I saw more fanboy rage BEFORE this latest series of leaks than after. I even saw an oddly heartwarming image macro describing the situation.

That image is lovely c:

Edited by LewiMOC

How about three separate words? It can certainly work:

"IamGroot"

Literal treespeak.

Guys! take a closer look at Pohatu, theres a Guurahk staff sticking out the back

Yep, that's been established.

While I agree that the addition of non-CCBS parts has the potential to vastly improve a MOC, I disagree that the CCBS on its own is inherently bad.

TBH, I like the look of the new Toa a lot more than their 01 versions.

That I think a lot of people can agree on...

The nostalgia goggles say no, but the action figure enthusiast says yes!

Nail, meet Head.

Like, sure, it's the Toa! Awesome! But the lack of poseability? Floppy shoulders? Locked-in-position heads? No thanks.

Nail, meet Head.

Like, sure, it's the Toa! Awesome! But the lack of poseability? Floppy shoulders? Locked-in-position heads? No thanks.

True, true.

So, the hype train is only two days away from its destination. Looks like I'm going to have to defuse myself from it. Excitement has filled me!

Edited by Puffle Pal26

How easy to you think it will be to mod away the gear functions? Will it benefit the sets, or leave them looking unfinished?

depends on how the gear function is positioned. and for that, i think i'm gonna hold my opinion until we get a shot of the back side.

How easy to you think it will be to mod away the gear functions? Will it benefit the sets, or leave them looking unfinished?

It will probably not be too difficult at all. If they look unfinished with or without the gear functions, that's nothing a little modding can't fix.

The simplest way to remove the gear functions would probably just be to attach the arms right to the torso beam's unused shoulder joints, though for at least some of the Toa you'd probably also want to swap the original 7x9 torso beam with a 9x9 or even 9x11 torso beam.

I'm fine with the gear functions, actually - so long as they retain their shoulder articulation, like the original Mata/Nuva sets. I absolutely hated how the Metru's gear function meant that their shoulder articulation was extremely limited.

I'm fine with the gear functions, actually - so long as they retain their shoulder articulation, like the original Mata/Nuva sets. I absolutely hated how the Metru's gear function meant that their shoulder articulation was extremely limited.

I'd be fine if the gears can lock. The problem with all the non-Hordika/Icarax sets with gears is that the arms flop around, leaving them unable to hold a pose.

So um I can't find the original composite gallery for the prelims

Can I have a link?

http://www.majhost.c...ry.cgi?f=289265

I've gone flying off of the hype train and the released energy from the split landed me inside the station waiting for the release train, seeing as LEGO has pretty much come out and open about BIONICLE to some level.

Edited by I AM THE DUCK MAN

So, the hype train is only two days away from its destination. Looks like I'm going to have to defuse myself from it. Excitement has filled me!

The Hype Train reaches it's destination, sure, but that's when we board the hype rocket, and the astronomical journey to 2015 begins. :tongue:

Lego seems to have skipped "3" in their picture countdown on their social media pages. "2" went up today... are we seriously that close to having our hopes and dreams confirmed to be true!

Why is BIONICLE's building system going to be CCBS?

Because the designers created the CCBS as a long-term replacement for BIONICLE's older building system. Personally, I'm quite happy with it. And I've seen some people more willing to give it a chance with these new BIONICLE sets than they did when it was chiefly used in Hero Factory, so hopefully we'll see more CCBS MOCs that deeply explore what is possible with the system.

Yeah, I'm part of the so called diehard fanbase, and CCBS grew in me. It doesn't have the same charm old BIONICLE pieces had for me, but I'm glad to see BIO2015 tried (and imho succeded) to bring back some of the old aesthetics.