snip

I don't actually know what happened with that, other than the fact that there is indeed a group of Bionicle community figures (not including myself or Djokson AKA Warhead) somehow put together by TLG reps?... I think that's what it is... that's all I know of it, since (as I said on flickr) I was never contacted again since I was apparently unworthy or something (haha).

I don't actually know what happened with that, other than the fact that there is indeed a group of Bionicle community figures (not including myself or Djokson AKA Warhead) somehow put together by TLG reps?... I think that's what it is... that's all I know of it, since (as I said on flickr) I was never contacted again since I was apparently unworthy or something (haha).

Presumably it's something like the AFOL workshops the LEGO Group set up when developing the Power Functions train system or the various iterations of LEGO Mindstorms. There's a very good article about the former in Brickjournal Volume 2, Issue 6. There were eleven AFOLs in the largest of the three workshops, which was the final one. The insights from the workshops helped Jamie Berard to design the Emerald Night.

Just asked Greg a few questions regarding a theoretical return of Bionicle

My question:

"Hi again Greg, just one, completely theoretical question this time:

Lets say that, some time in the future, Bionicle comes back.

Would you or would you not be told in advance of such a thing, and would you be heading the story again?"

His response:

"I know of all LEGO lines scheduled for 2015 - I have to, it's my job. That is different from being able to discuss them in public. What I learn as a result of work is considered confidential.

And, hypothetically, while I would certainly want to work on a new incarnation of BIONICLE if it happened, there is no guarantee I would be on the story team let alone heading it. I would simply help in whatever way I could and whatever way I was needed to."

Notice how he says 2015 when nowhere in my question do I mention 2015

Thanks for chatting with Greg about this! This is an interesting scoop (I feel like a news reporter now) of information you have here. Man, the plot CONTINUES to thicken!

Now, when, where, and how where you able to chat with Greg about this?

Now, when, where, and how where you able to chat with Greg about this?

Greg's Q&A topic on Lego's board, probably.

EDIT : Here's a link to the topic.

Edited by Leewan

I posted the link on BZP earlier. Aanchir's jaw dropped. :grin:

Looks like we have even more evidence supporting our theory!

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED PEOPLE

#bionicleisback

Edited by Zenerius

I posted the link on BZP earlier. Aanchir's jaw dropped. :grin:

Looks like we have even more evidence supporting our theory!

HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED PEOPLE

#bionicleisback

Screencapped for posterity. And yeah, let's get that hashtag trending! :tongue:

Screencapped for posterity. And yeah, let's get that hashtag trending! :tongue:

Screencapped on my 'Pad. We need all of the evidence we can to prove Bionicle is back.

#bionicleisback

Just wait till TTV gets a load of this. They'll end up making 12 podcast episodes, 4 autopsies, and a speculation video to boot.

Edited by Zenerius

Of course, it's possible Exxtrooper, DeeVee, and Greg Farshtey are all in on the hoax. And me of course. And just for grins let's say Dorek is in on it on a subconscious level.

The photoshoppery of the key visual was done by conspirator Christian Faber of the ADVANCE advertising cartel. To enhance the ruse, they're planning to release a full wave of fake BIONICLE sets that would fool even the most observant skeptics. And they will profit off of all of our foolishness while convincing us that they did, in fact, bring BIONICLE back. :tongue:

Of course, it's possible Exxtrooper, DeeVee, and Greg Farshtey are all in on the hoax. And me of course. And just for grins let's say Dorek is in on it on a subconscious level.

The photoshoppery of the key visual was done by conspirator Christian Faber of the ADVANCE advertising cartel. To enhance the ruse, they're planning to release a full wave of fake BIONICLE sets that would fool even the most observant skeptics. And they will profit off of all of our foolishness while convincing us that they did, in fact, bring BIONICLE back. :tongue:

So elaborate. Much confuse. wow

#bionicleisn'tback?

Screencapped on my 'Pad. We need all of the evidence we can to prove Bionicle is back.

#bionicleisback

Just wait till TTV gets a load of this. They'll end up making 12 podcast episodes, 4 autopsies, and a speculation video to boot.

I wouldn't go THAT far...

...but it is pretty exciting. :D

I asked earlier, but got no response... We talking about early or late 2015?

I wouldn't go THAT far...

...but it is pretty exciting. :D

We all know that you would, Meso. You've been waiting for this moment for who knows how long and FINALLY you have some actual Bionicle news.

I asked earlier, but got no response... We talking about early or late 2015?

Nobody knows yet. It could be either a winter or summer wave, but we haven't received any info regarding release dates.

Greg's pretty notorious for giving specific-vague answers. I don't really think his post is any more "smoking gun" than the original image(s).

Together, though, they make a little bit more of a coincidence than is usual.

In regards to the AFOL communication asking for MOCs in the past, I have been in contact with TLG every time they have sent those feelers out to community members and sent in MOC photos as well. But from what I have been told it isn't that none of us were good enough- they have simply changed course each time and not actually needed us.

I have a feeling that Greg's answer was somewhat intentional...

I think he was trying to give a little hint about it, since the images have a lot of people convinced already.

Edited by TheGreatSpirit

While all this is incredibly exciting news - Bionicle was my childhood, and I'm sure it was an integral part in many of ours' - I'd hate to be pumped up now and disappointed later if this rumour turns out to be false, so I'm going to take this with a pinch of salt. Still, I'm quite happy to read about this rumour! I'm sure we'll know more in a few months, when pictures of the 2015 Lego catalogue starts to leak.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Greg's Q&A topic on Lego's board, probably.

EDIT : Here's a link to the topic.

Incidentally, he also told me that he wouldn't be keen on the idea of Bionicles in TLM 2 because making fun of it was something they were fairly strict about while they were making it, because it'd detract from the "epic" feel.

So yeah, that's kinda neat, what you posted there :classic:

That's deep, man. This is rabbit hole territory. Am I an intentional heel? Is there some Danish guy at his computer laughing manically at everything we do? Damn.

Anyhow, feel like Greg mentioned 2015 specifically because everybody had been asking about it, but I'm pretty jaded to his cagey answers anyway, so any subtlety present is probably lost on me.

(Also I'm still absolutely convinced that the middle set on the second row is just 2008 Takanuva with his weapons swapped and darkened)

Guuuuys!!! I got enlightened! I think that the mask which Tahu wants to get is a mask of Artakha.

Or maybe the set in the bottom is Artakha?

Edited by MakutaNocturn

It seems kind of unlikely that they would use such minor characters when jumping back into the theme. From the look of the display, I see a set that looks like Tahu, one that resembles a Visorak, one that resembles a Skakdi, etc... I would certainly welcome Artakha actually getting a set, but it seems more likely that, if the image is legit, the mask of creation may be used without actual reference to him. This may be some sort of soft reboot. It's not like they'd just jump into the middle of the great beings arc. that would be quite hard to explain to new fans...

It would be also nice if they deal with Bionicle like with Lego Fusion. You build your own character, you scan him and you play with him.

Had never heard of Lego fusion until I looked it up after seeing your comment. it looked cool.

On a more contstraction related note, I wonder if the designs will be uniform enough that they might consider doing something similar to the hero recon team thing from a couple of years ago? Anyone know whether that was actually profitable for Lego?

Edited by Timeline15

Had never heard of Lego fusion until I looked it up after seeing your comment. it looked cool.

On a more contstraction related note, I wonder if the designs will be uniform enough that they might consider doing something similar to the hero recon team thing from a couple of years ago? Anyone know whether that was actually profitable for Lego?

nope, not really, that's why the hero recon team thing didn't get around for long.