Sariel,

thanks a lot for your excellent (and enormous amount of) work!

Your reviews are going to be very useful once time to make my buying decision will come!

BTW,

I just wanted to inform you of a small error in 42032 review: in "Useful Pieces" section, "pin with a pin hole" quantity is marked as 17 instead of 2...

Great work Sariel, as usual :thumbup::sweet:

I have only watched the 24 Race Car so far and I really like what I see. It looks way better than I expected and it's pretty big. The B-model looks like a winner too!!

One thing that bugs me a little bit; isn't it time for bigger engine parts? The V8 looks so tiny compared to the rest of the car :hmpf_bad:

Will be watching your other reviews later today!

Jim...i was thinking that the Green engine blocks might look better in this set then the LBG parts used, 42030 has 8 of them...while its not the same shade of Green i think i might look better, what do you think?

Great reviews! I like your style with the text, so I can look at them without sound. Also they are very structured (and not too long) which make them a pleasure to watch.

Although you pointed out some flaws in the Arctic Vehicle's design, I'm definitely gonna have it. The parts list (in orange!) is just too great. And some of the useful new parts as well.

Not sure about the Le Mans car... I like bright green very much, but with this being the only Technic set in this color, I'm hesitating. Maybe I'll have to see first what the future will bring. More bright green sets with different parts?

That 1L "beam" will go to so many places.

Also, it's pretty easy to see which ones can last longer when the going gets rough.

If they bring that part out in more colours it will have TONS of uses/possibilities. It is excellent for filling in gaps that would otherwise be using part #3713...or nothing at al/bare axel.

I already have plans for this part to be used in Technic 8285...if they bring this part out in Black....i hope so! :-)

One thing that bugs me a little bit; isn't it time for bigger engine parts? The V8 looks so tiny compared to the rest of the car

BIGGER?!?! I'm still waiting for the smaller ones, so also small scale models can have their engnes with more than 1 or 2 cylinders...

Jim...i was thinking that the Green engine blocks might look better in this set then the LBG parts used, 42030 has 8 of them...while its not the same shade of Green i think i might look better, what do you think?

Contrary to Sariel's warning (in the video), I think that green and bright green go well together, so why not? I woudn't mix the two colors in the car's body, though.

Bricklink has the part list for several of the 2015 set online:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=42032-1

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=42033-1

Part #62462 is very rare in Metallic Silver, as Sariel pointed out...and 32033 has 3 of them!

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=62462&colorID=67&in=A

As said already the Dark Blue panels are unique and were only used in 41999 previously.

I'm not concerned about the color. It's the size that's bothering me.

BIGGER?!?! I'm still waiting for the smaller ones, so also small scale models can have their engnes with more than 1 or 2 cylinders...

So we need bigger and smaller versions :wink:

I really think the engine is way too small. The scale doesn't exactly match the size of the car.

(obviously this is a problem for other models as well)

I'm not concerned about the color. It's the size that's bothering me.

JANGBRICKS has a video review of the B model of 42032, can you ad it to the first page?

Just finished watching all of the vids. Some really great looking models. Can't wait to pick them all up. :wub:

Interesting that Lego used blue friction pins in the rear suspension of the 42039...

Why is that?

Edited by Meatman

JANGBRICKS has a video review of the B model of 42032, can you ad it to the first page?

I'm afraid we can only embed 5 media sources.

One thing that bugs me a little bit; isn't it time for bigger engine parts? The V8 looks so tiny compared to the rest of the car :hmpf_bad:

How big is the engine in your car Jim?! If you think the Lego engine parts look too small in scale then you must be used to really BIG engine blocks in your cars :laugh:

Cheers for the hard work

Literally the only interesting thing ill do today is watch these videos

Edited by SNIPE

How big is the engine in your car Jim?! If you think the Lego engine parts look too small in scale then you must be used to really BIG engine blocks in your cars :laugh:

Hmmm maybe you're right. I was thinking of massive V12 engines in the back of Lamborghini or something.

However, I still feel that there's way too much space around the engine.

Looking at some images, I need to take back my previous comments. The engine itself is indeed not so big.

Thanks Sariel for the classic astonishing quality of the reviews! And now I have the ideas even more clear: 42032 and 42035 will be my next purchase. :thumbup:

Thank you for the reviews - quite many new partsto collect. I hope i'll manage to get at least 42038. Also 42032 and 42035 are quite convincing. Sadly, the 42039 remains just too fugly in my opinion, especialy the overall shape of the mudguards is really repulsive. Now off to save some money...

Sariel....what length are the Red flexible axels on 42036?

13 studs, all three of them.

Wonderful reviews. Thank yo so much. However, man... is it just me or is there a lack of aesthetic quality to the 2015 sets? I don't like the look to 42039 at all, and the color scheme to 42036 is distasteful. Needless to say, not real excited for the 2015 line.

Great reviews Sariel, thank you very much! :thumbup: As miha already said, off to save the money... :sweet:

13? This is a new part then. I don't recall any flex axles being 13 in length.

Sorry, it's 12. My bad.

Sorry, it's 12. My bad.

That's good though. 12 is still kind of a rare part. I think the 8070 was the last to have them.

However, man... is it just me or is there a lack of aesthetic quality to the 2015 sets?

I guess at least once they tried something other than "another 10 yellow construction vehicles". Variety is always welcome.