Sariel....would it be possible to get pictures of the parts list?

Many thanks for the reviews...stellar work as always!

I was surprised to hear that you dont collection the regular Technc sets?....i would have thought you would have every set ever released in a display room or something.

So i guess you just buy parts to build your own custom sets?

I am only into Technic a year now, so i am still very much in the process of buying all the official released sets before i even think about building MOCs

:-)

Does anyone have the numbers of all the new parts?

They are quoted on the parts list in the vids....but its hard to see, ergo a proper hi-res image would be best :-)

Sariel....would it be possible to get pictures of the parts list?

They're available in Full HD quality in the videos.

So i guess you just buy parts to build your own custom sets?

Absolutely. I have no room to display sets and no interest in wasting interesting pieces just to stand around catching dust. I know it's fun to many people, but I will cannibalize any Technic set near me the first chance I get.

Edited by Sariel

Absolutely. I have no room to display sets and no interest in wasting interesting pieces just to stand around catching dust. I know it's fun to many people, but I will cannibalize any Technic set near me the first chance I get.

Look out! don't leave your favorite models around him or his minions!

Look out! don't leave your favorite models around him or his minions!

Musssssst use these piecesssssssssssssss...

dsc03535.jpg

Edited by Sariel

Great work, Sariel! Your reviews are very informative and detailed.

Special thanks for "speed build" part :wink:

IMG_9458_zps0cbba8b1.jpg

IMG_9455_zps3551ed60.jpg

IMG_9457_zpsbf56dc52.jpg

Wow, you've done it just by slowing down sariels speed build?? You sure must have sharp vision ;-) Red also works great, but orange still much better...

How are those EV3 rubber parts performing?

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Wow, you've done it just by slowing down sariels speed build?? You sure must have sharp vision ;-) Red also works great, but orange still much better...

How are those EV3 rubber parts performing?

I just turn video by 180 degrees and freeze frame in some moments. Instruction booklet is clearly visible in 1080p quality.

Rubber pads slightly improve traction on soft surfaces - but I want to motorize this set with buggy motors and test it on the snow. The only thing that is already December and still no snow :sadnew:

Great review but that car is a Awful looking thing I'm sorry.

Not very impressed with 1h at all this year. Let's hope 2h makes up for it.

Thanks for the reviews! :thumbup:

The 42039 was the one I wanted most and it could have been great but instead it fails to excite me at all, and I'm a fan of endurance racing. It just doesn't capture the look of the current LMP1 cars. The fenders look off with their squared-of edges and the tires are too small(or the car is too big). Flex axles in that green color would have been a better choice for fenders.

I might just get the 42039 because of the potential for modification - we can make it into the beautiful endurance racer it deserves to be with flex axles and less jagged edges.

What are those rubber parts called? they seem interesting.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

I might just get the 42039 because of the potential for modification - we can make it into the beautiful endurance racer it deserves to be with flex axles and less jagged edges.

this is the spirit of the old sets and the negative press they have been getting about sets being too complete that they are not stimulating imagination

Thanks for the awesome reviews ! Beside the motorbike which i like very much and will surley buy it(i find the color choice to be kind of odd, but that is ok), i can't say i am in love with any other models. The 42039 is ok-ish, i don't like the design at all nor the functions :(

Yup. Looking forward to that (though we'll likely have to switch colours a bit).

The lights featured in the leaked image—they were going to be new parts?

They're available in Full HD quality in the videos.

Exactly what I like to do. Technic (or Lego) is all about building and made for builders. Once it's built, it became a functional toy. Now there is no point putting it in the shelf and staring at it.

Take them apart and build something again. :)

I am wondering if they switched the lights from the old part, http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=30602, used in the leaked imaged, to the round trans clear parts, on the production model, as these parts (round ones) really make the B model look good. Maybe need to buy two of these, one for the B-model, and the other to mod for better looks, as suggested.