Hmm, I'm a senior design director type. I wonder if they are okay with home office work...

I'm sure they won't have a problem with that :tongue:

On a different (trivial matter); In The Netherlands we are currently experiencing a heat wave.

sun-heat-thermometer.jpg

My LEGO room is under the roof and I am afraid my LEGO is melting. Unfortunately I can't check, because it's just too hot to enter :tongue:

(hopefully temperature will go down a bit this weekend, so I can continue working on my reviews)

On this topic Jim: Has anyone tested when lego parts melt and deform? Wikipedia states you have to reach 95°C-110°C for ABS to melt.

I haven't tested it, but it feels like I'm hitting 80°C in the attic :cry_sad:

You might throw in a thermometer und pull it back after 5 or 10 minutes. You should check it. I don't know how the rubber on the wheels react. Some Rubbers are aswell made for 100°C+ but not all. E.G.: racing tires start to detoriat above 95°C.

You might throw in a thermometer und pull it back after 5 or 10 minutes. You should check it. I don't know how the rubber on the wheels react. Some Rubbers are aswell made for 100°C+ but not all. E.G.: racing tires start to detoriat above 95°C.

I might be exaggerating a bit here :look:

...but it's definitely too hot to be setting there and enjoying a nice LEGO build. We are experiencing an outdoor temperature of around 34°C, which is extremely hot for us Dutchies. I reckon the room temperature will definitely be somewhere in the forties °C.

Holy shit. I mean, it's hot here, but I don't think it is hotter than 30°C in our house. Although I have not been in the attic yet. I do hope the temperature will go down in the coming weeks. And it does not help that it is quite humid in our country, with around 50% lately.

Holy shit. I mean, it's hot here, but I don't think it is hotter than 30°C in our house. Although I have not been in the attic yet. I do hope the temperature will go down in the coming weeks. And it does not help that it is quite humid in our country, with around 50% lately.

Like I said....I exaggearted a bit :tongue:

Although it's probably above 40°C. I will see if I can find a thermometer.

Haha, I suppose a modern review can't do without a proper heat test :classic:.

Btw, where others might put there models or MOCs on display, I store them in a box in the darkest and coolest place in the house. I'm affraid my parts will discolor.

Haha, I suppose a modern review can't do without a proper heat test :classic:.

Btw, where others might put there models or MOCs on display, I store them in a box in the darkest and coolest place in the house. I'm affraid my parts will discolor.

I once say a post on the LEGO subreddit that suggested applying anti-UV film on your windows, to prevent your parts from discoloring. But I have not really looked into it much.

Well Saxony Anhalt will reach 31°C for today. I'm not amused. Atleast my modells are in a quite well temperated living room. Weather report states for me: next week will be around 26°C.

For Amsterdam it states: 25 for tomorrow! So cheer up Jim you won't fuse with your lego tomorrow :)

This summer my BFF is the ventilator, 33 degrees Celsius today

This summer my BFF is the ventilator, 33 degrees Celsius today

Given your house-hold track record I assume you are talking about a Lego Technic ventilator :classic:. What motors are you using haha?

Edited by Didumos69

Yesterday it hit about 35 degrees C outside, felt hotter in my Lego room (well, lego corner of a room).

Yeah, I can only add to the temperature woes; it's currently 32° at my desk, and that's the shaded area!

Luckily I haven't built anything recently, because I tend to leave my Lego out overnight and if any soft parts (pneumatic tubing mostly) were directly under the skylight then I think they would have suffered by now...

Given your house-hold track record I assume you are talking about a Lego Technic ventilator :classic:. What motors are you using haha?

A buggy motor running from my laptop of course :classic:

On the serious side, I have built one with two m motors that turned automatically, currently rebuilding it and creating the one above

I tried to make a 'large' ventilator a while back. It was a hot day, the real ventilator was broken and in about 30 minutes I tried to make a Lego one.

It failed miserably. :tongue: The paper blades where just not strong enough and because of the big contruction that was spinning around very fast, the whole construction wobbled like crazy.

A bit off topic: @LXF: that keyboard looks sooo confusing :laugh:

Well Jim, if your X-wing starts to look like an inverted U-wing let us know :D

Hehe, I will :laugh:

My Lego attic was 40 degrees yesterday, so I remove the electric parts from the room during the summer. I take a mini box of parts to a cooler room when I'm ready to build. I get crabby if I'm too hot.

A buggy motor running from my laptop of course :classic:

On the serious side, I have built one with two m motors that turned automatically, currently rebuilding it and creating the one above

Sorry for double post, but this is the USB powered ventilator:

Lego ventilator by Alaxaf, on Flickr

I knew it!

What an obscure website that you're browsing :classic:

I live in Texas and it sometimes reaches 40°C here, at least my building space isn't in the attic :classic:

Video:

I knew it!

What an obscure website that you're browsing :classic:

rhetorie%20du%20chaos.gif?f-ed=1

Video:

That would work pretty well with those Airjitzu propellers. Did you mention anywhere how you connected the USB wires to the LEGO PF system? I wouldn't mind testing that out.

Edited by SevenStuds