ddeklerk

Eurobricks Vassals
  • Content Count

    88
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ddeklerk

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Extra

  • Country
    The Netherlands

Recent Profile Visitors

255 profile views
  1. ddeklerk

    [MOC][WIP] Lockdown

    Not a lot of progress lately. I am still in the middle of renovating my new room, although progress on that has picked up significantly this last week. I don't really have much motivation to work on anything lately. Hopefully a new workplace will change that. Larger desk, actual sorting drawers... should be much better. In the mean time I had my Bricklink orders come in to try some geared joints. The discontinued worm gears that have the axle holes on either end have much less backlash than the normal worm gear, so perhaps I will use those. I still am thinking about redesigning the whole thing in a larger scale. And geared joints will hopefully help with stability. To not loose the work I have done so far I have recreated my MOC in LDD. Everything is in, apart from the head and the hands. I could not find the pneumatic T-piece that I used on those parts in LDD. And it was a royal pain to get the piston assemblies lined up. You can download the LXF file here.
  2. I'm probably gonna wait either until the holiday season or until there is a good discount. I recently have already blown too much money on LEGO. Bought the Arocs, Porsche, and 60+ on Bricklink orders.
  3. Perhaps the shifting is reversed for me because I screwed something up when making the paddle assembly. I did completely rebuild box 1 after all. But I can't imagine something like that happening so easily. But just to be sure, maybe someone could verify this for me. When I pull the right paddle, the output of the paddle assembly goes clockwise. And it goes anti-clockwise when the left one is pulled. I also triple checked that I had the shifting block in the correct orientation. So unless the errata is wrong or I am overlooking something, I don't think that is where the problem comes from. The 2l liftarm within the h-frame that is blocked is oriented in the same way that the same piece in orange (what the link is connected to) on the left of the car is, right? In any case. Tomorrow I will look at it all again to see if I can find the cause of the problem. EDIT I found the problem. It was indeed something that I overlooked. I placed the 2l liftarm with the link on the right side of the car upside down. Correcting that fixed my shifting issue.
  4. So I finally got the parts to implement all these changes and I now had the time to actually do it. The gears seem to have very little friction, and when I attach an M motor to test the gearbox, the gearbox turns smoothly. There is one problem though. The shifting order now is 3, 2, 1, 4. And the stop is between gears 1 and 4. But even without the stop, the swifting would be backwards. The right paddle should shift up, right?
  5. ddeklerk

    Question about ball joints

    I am not sure whether Bionicle ball and socket joints have more friction, but there is a friction adder part that also acts as an extension for the socket. Here is a link to the part on Bricklink. Alternatively, you could use the Exo-Force style ratchet joint. Those are comprised of these three parts. 1, 2, 3.
  6. There's some serious Pareidolia going on with that bumper and those headlights.
  7. ddeklerk

    Technic Pub

    I once say a post on the LEGO subreddit that suggested applying anti-UV film on your windows, to prevent your parts from discoloring. But I have not really looked into it much.
  8. ddeklerk

    Technic Pub

    Holy shit. I mean, it's hot here, but I don't think it is hotter than 30°C in our house. Although I have not been in the attic yet. I do hope the temperature will go down in the coming weeks. And it does not help that it is quite humid in our country, with around 50% lately.
  9. ddeklerk

    ReBrick Porsche W.I.P.

    Why not just post some photos instead of a teaser video. I want to see more of it.
  10. The thing that has changed, and the reason of the delay, is the packaging. Nothing else has been modified but that. The boxes inside have been re-arranged so that the book is not in the middle of it all. And a cardboard piece has been inserted to further protect the boxes.
  11. I think the fact that this is a modification of the Porsche set is the reason that it was rejected. It is not a brand new MOC design. In that sense you cannot say that you designed most of the MOC. That does not take away all the hard work you put into improving the set. I would even go so far as to say that your improvements have/will make a difference in how well the set sells. I've already heard some people were on the fence, but the improvements made on this forum is what made them purchase it. It pains me to say that I have still not applied your modifications as described in your wonderful errata. I just have been so busy, and have not had enough time to sit down and do it. Hopefully my upcoming vacation from work will change that. And hopefully the weather will be a little more bearable around here . When I do apply your mods, I will be sure to report back with my results.
  12. The style.css does not appear to be linked properly for tools.sariel.pl. I get a error code 500 in the console.
  13. ddeklerk

    [PORSCHE] Porsche 956

    I'm not a huge fan of these skeletal bodies, guess I'm more of a panel guy, but I like the shaping you managed to convey with just the flex axles.
  14. ddeklerk

    [EV3] Flappy Bird

    I've never had any Mindstorms, so I don't know how difficult it is to program, but in concept this looks pretty simple. It would be cool if you could randomly generate the level somehow. But I have no idea how you would even accomplish that with LEGO.
  15. Just a heads up, your link is not working. You are missing a colon.