I did some coding in assembly, and I used it for in C (inlined assembly code) to make custom hardware interrupt handlers for DOS. That time (my first years in programming) I was so obsessed to write everything from scratch that in the Tank Wars clone I managed to rule out almost all standad C liraries (such as stdlib) from my code. Of corse that was a stupid direction but was fun (and maybe beneficial in the long run).

Fortran IV

Fortran IV was one of the first I learned. Programming with punch cards was interesting. :classic:

Assembler 6502 and 8086

BASIC

Fortran 77

Pascal

PL/I

Java

C++

REXX

SQL

JCL

Shell scripts - bash, korn, etc.

Javascript

LotusScript

Lotus (IBM) Notes

Google Apps Script

6502 assembler

BASIC - many different versions

C

dbase 3 (Clipper)

All a long time ago

I did assembler back in the day. Now I can't be bothered, which is actually a shame.

Guys, that's Assembly. The complier is assembler.

Sorry to be a language nazi, but it's a pain to see programmers saying assembler.

Guys, that's Assembly. The complier is assembler.

Sorry to be a language nazi, but it's a pain to see programmers saying assembler.

I did assembly for several MP's back in the day before many high level languages were available. Back in the late 1970's (yes, 1970's) then through the 1980's (yes, we programmed computers in the 1970's and 1980's) I did some Assembly, Pascal and C. I did some javacript and PHP (no more!) My last programmering language was in NXT (I don't even do that anymore). Tired of programming! I just want to build LEGO!

Oh yeah, I forgot I also did some Fortran IV (punch cards, I would rather forget) some Basic and Forth.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Tired of programming! I just want to build LEGO!

Actually, I often feel the opposite. Programming is more rewarding, I experienced flow more often than with Lego. I don't know why I do Lego...

You can also say that programming is creative just as Lego is.

If you are a creative person the chances are you will enjoy programming. :sweet:

Anyone tried/doing live coding? I did an animation workshop once with a few fellas from the University of Utrecht and they were trying live coding for a few days. It was an experiment of maximum fun! Also, as creative as it gets.

I don't know about live coding but I participated (and won) a 72-hour game making contest once. I guess a video record of the game making process would have been fun and educative (how to hack the life out of something and how to jump back and forth between coding and asset making if you are getting exhausted of one of them).

Game development contests are fun. Have you been in a game jam? At least during Global Game Jam, there is a site in Budapest. I'm involved in the Finnish chapter, my own game jam is one where the developers create games using TV technology, such as robotic cranes, dollies and virtual studio equipment.

I am just a hobbyist so I am totally out of any event or groups, and I haven't done much programming since years now, and when I was into it, I lived in the coutryside.

BTW, I lived in Finland for almost a year. I did so much coding then, fun times...

I have learned html 5 and css3. Right now i'm programming a site for this lovely oldtimer.

NA-08-53%20Domburg.JPG

it is an old dodge beep from second world war. it has been turned into a firefighter car. the first one for my village. behind it is a pump to get water. the pump didnt work anymore so this winter we have revised the pump. we're almost finished and i thought i might be a good idea to make a little site where you can read something about it. btw, the car has served in oostkapelle and not in domburg (as written in the picture-link)

Wish me luck guys!

I'm rebuilding my thinkpad after tea-damage :/

Let's hope it lives again afterwards.

Edit and update: It lives! Igorrrrrr! It liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Edited by AkiyamaWataru

Wish me luck guys!

I'm rebuilding my thinkpad after tea-damage :/

Let's hope it lives again afterwards.

Edit and update: It lives! Igorrrrrr! It liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

Yay. What kind of Thinkpad do you have? What did you do to revive it?

its a Thinkpad W520 with quadcore i7 und 8gb of ram and a Quaddro 1000m with 2gb vram :)

The revival process:

1. i disassembled it according to hardware maintenance manual
  2. dried it as good as I could
  3. let it dry for 3 days
  4. replaced thermal interface material of the cpu and gpu
  5. reassembled it again

Most crucial for survival were the fluid channels T and W Thinkpads have

Edited by AkiyamaWataru

Hmm, I'm a senior design director type. I wonder if they are okay with home office work...