On 10/14/2017 at 3:20 AM, jotta93 said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but I've found that none of the 2017 flagships (42066, 42068, 42069, 42070) has a single axle-axle connector.

4107081.jpg

Worst of all, only 4 sets have them in a grand total of 21! They seem to be getting more and more rare

https://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4107081/theme-Technic

It might be a little weird, but this makes me kinda sad :sad:

My problem with this piece is that it's too darn weak.. Why can't it be shaped like the axle to stud connector? 
I have about 10 of those axle to axle connectors where the end just snapped off.. And i wasn't applying any force or weight to them either. It's like they get brittle over time. 

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

To kind of continue this discussion, I've spotted one in DBG, previously pretty rare. It's located at the tipping mechanism and it definitely doesn't look like LBG because it doesn't look anything like the #6 connector connected to the same axle.

https://brickset.com/sets/42084-1

I see it. And it shows better in the b-model in the fire hose at the back of the truck

6 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

My problem with this piece is that it's too darn weak.. Why can't it be shaped like the axle to stud connector? 
I have about 10 of those axle to axle connectors where the end just snapped off.. And i wasn't applying any force or weight to them either. It's like they get brittle over time. 

That's strange :sceptic: It never happened to me before

1 hour ago, jotta93 said:

I see it. And it shows better in the b-model in the fire hose at the back of the truck

The silver colored part is the weakest of all. Poor quality plastic perhaps. The black ones are the most durable though. But i've had two black ones snap before. 
They mostly snap when i'm trying to push an axle trough. Some times when i push an half pin half axle out of them with anther axle, they break.

I don't know why. The silver ones are the worst and the gray one is a close second. 

On 28/10/2017 at 5:52 AM, Mechbuilds said:

A #1 angle connector with an axle hole instead of a peg hole would be all kinds of excellent. The problem is that some models rely on the clearance afforded by the cutout areas to allow a 24-tooth gear to freely spin right next to them, so it looks like we'll be seeing 32039 for a while longer.

On 28/10/2017 at 12:36 PM, jotta93 said:

Although I've never had one of them snap in in the way Mechbuilds described, I've lost a few due to getting cracked. They're an integral part of the pushrod suspension in 42000 Grand Prix Racer, so I'm glad to see LEGO is making them in yellow again - I can stock up on spares...

I have had problems with the yellow connectors on the rear suspension of the 42000.  I've not seen failures on any other build though.

4 hours ago, Gnac said:

Although I've never had one of them snap in in the way Mechbuilds described, I've lost a few due to getting cracked. They're an integral part of the pushrod suspension in 42000 Grand Prix Racer, so I'm glad to see LEGO is making them in yellow again - I can stock up on spares...

I have a couple of ones that have cracked, same with bushes and half bushes, but none of them has snapped like Mechbuilds. They are still usable in some builds

12 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

I have a couple of ones that have cracked, same with bushes and half bushes, but none of them has snapped like Mechbuilds. They are still usable in some builds

I,ve had a few crack but not break. The cracked ones can be repaired using ABS liquid glue by using a needle to place a small drop onto the crack and then squeeze the part together.  used the same repair method on other parts that hace and axle hole at end of half beams, angle beams etc.

4 hours ago, Gnac said:

I had the same problem, mine both broke on the rear suspension.

Hmm... strange... I haven't ever had a one break - and I got heaps of them *huh*

And it's not like I've treated them gently, I've done lots of stressful stuff with them - including using them to hold the arms of a crossbow!

I just don't get it...

When dis-assembling MOCs I always take care to remove these sort of parts gently and pull axles / axle pins out with needle nose pliers to avoid twisting which can cause them to break.

1 hour ago, Doug72 said:

When dis-assembling MOCs I always take care to remove these sort of parts gently and pull axles / axle pins out with needle nose pliers to avoid twisting which can cause them to break.

Maybe this is the reason, I certainly don't have this kind of care. But perhaps I should start doing it

I recently had one of these

44.png

in white, break on first or second use. That was certainly not a matter of carelessness when removing axles - it broke on assembly, not removal. Oh, how I wish this part would be used more in sets. I think it's very useful, but I rarely use it simply because I only have a few. Sometimes Part No: 32039  Name: Technic, Axle Connector with Axle Hole breaks too, but it bothers me much less (except in rare colors) because the part is simply much more common. (I just noticed the Claas has a large amount of them in black, so I'm settled for life on these parts probably).

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Anyone know what these are?

They are from a Lego wristwatch:

4179693.png2907cas1.png

Edited by mocbuild101

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

They are from a Lego wristwatch.

Thanks so much! This explains a lot!

Edited by TechnicRCRacer
Ah, gotcha ;)

Thanks so much!

No worries, it's only because I have one that I knew what they were!

I have added some images to my post above.

I was hoping that they could be a Technic-to-System mini turntable!

Well there is a turntable with a similar shape to one of those parts:

32273c01.png