1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

I wonder what other parts are hiding inside.

For some strange reason, green round 1x1 tile is also rare. Include 17 in globe, 7 in promotion, 1 in 2023's friends model.

19 minutes ago, Jurss said:

That windscreen is new?

Looks like yes.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Finally TLG bring back double bent liftarm in green. Last release is 2002 but it is education set so actual last release is 1998.

Included set

8x in 8479(1997)

2x in 9780(1998)

2x in 970676(2002)

2x in 8217(1998)

9780 and 970676 is education set.

And angle connector #6 in green is also very rare parts. Last release is 1999.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but these parts will come in Bright Green not regular Green in the Kawasaki bike. You can look up the partial part list on lego.com (if you type in 42170 in the part number field). So the only new recolor is the 6-4 beam in Br. Green. :( I don't know why the images are so dark and misleading.
https://www.lego.com/de-de/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=42170&includeOutOfStock=true&perPage=200

Edited by R0Sch
included link

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you but these parts will come in Bright Green not regular Green in the Kawasaki bike. You can look up the partial part list on lego.com (if you type in 42170 in the part number field). So the only new recolor is the 6-4 beam in Br. Green. :( I don't know why the images are so dark and misleading.
https://www.lego.com/de-de/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=42170&includeOutOfStock=true&perPage=200

Considering original bike's part is green and that list don't display full part list, I still belive it is real green.

4 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Considering original bike's part is green and that list don't display full part list, I still belive it is real green.

Up to you what you believe, but I'm telling you it is not. The 2L beam is br. green and same color as the bent beam next to it, so is the 1x1 round tile. Also Kawasaki green is closer to LEGO's br. green. Don't know what other proof you need.

7 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

The moulding mark on most new beams has been moved next to the pinholes, and is much less noticeable. Took TLG long enough.

Not to worry, there are plenty of parts they made worse in the same process. The sprue marks are now white even on transparent windows. :wall:

Edited by R0Sch

Not a new part or colour, but the big 15 x 2 x 7 mudguard appears in white again in the 2024 Lego City set 60432. Hopefully this brings down the price a little bit.

Edited by Jundis

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, but the 60431 Space Exploration Rover from City includes a black/gold shock absorber, which is an interesting color scheme!

60431-1.png

6472027.jpg

Apparently it has a hard spring.

It's be fun to see that in some Technic MOCs, though it shouldn't be too interesting functionally

1 minute ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I don't recall anyone mentioning this yet, but the 60431 Space Exploration Rover from City includes a black/gold shock absorber, which is an interesting color scheme!

Apparently it has a hard spring.

It's be fun to see that in some Technic MOCs, though it shouldn't be too interesting functionally

Already discussed here:

And you can check the review here:

https://brickset.com/article/105523/review-60431-space-explorer-rover-and-alien-life

And the shock absorber is soft, the hard ones has a different spring shape with uneven windings in the middle or at start/end for new version.

8 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Already discussed here:

And you can check the review here:

https://brickset.com/article/105523/review-60431-space-explorer-rover-and-alien-life

And the shock absorber is soft, the hard ones has a different spring shape with uneven windings in the middle or at start/end for new version.

Yeah, reading that review is what brought it to mind!

I was thinking it was hard because that's what it's listed as here:
https://brickset.com/parts/6472027/shock-absorber-hard-no-1

It's not necessarily right, though, nor is it necessarily the same naming convention we usually use. Hard ones do look like overkill here!

Yellow technic pins w/o friction in 60430. Neato.

Kinda useless but also...cool

Edited by shroomzofdoom

@Philo

In the part pack 1H 2022, the Vespa wheel doesn't load in Studio, can you please help?

As it's the only wheel that fits the tire it makes it kinda hard to use.

I hope it's OK dropping you abline here, as I saw you posting updates in this thread. And thank you so much for creating those parts packs! Keep them coming please :)

25 minutes ago, Divitis said:

In the part pack 1H 2022, the Vespa wheel doesn't load in Studio, can you please help?

What do you mean doesn't load? Do other custom parts load?

You could try importing the part into Part Designer and then exporting it to Studio (might need to add connection points though).

9 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

What do you mean doesn't load? Do other custom parts load?

You could try importing the part into Part Designer and then exporting it to Studio (might need to add connection points though).

All the parts from the pack show up in the tab, only the Vespa wheel is missing.

I thought of opening the part in Part Designer but the archive contains hundreds of files and I don't know from where to begin. Help appreciated here :)

Btw, does it load on your side?

10 hours ago, Divitis said:

All the parts from the pack show up in the tab, only the Vespa wheel is missing.

Then it indeed seems that that one is faulty.

I thought of opening the part in Part Designer but the archive contains hundreds of files and I don't know from where to begin. Help appreciated here :)

Yeah, that's a problem, what I do is try them one by one, and start with the large files (by file size, usually there are only a few, maybe ~10 in a pack), those are probably the actual parts, and the rest are just subparts.

Btw, does it load on your side?

I haven't tried, I usually don't load complete packs to keep my custom parts organized, only pick the ones I need.

35 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Yeah, that's a problem, what I do is try them one by one, and start with the large files (by file size, usually there are only a few, maybe ~10 in a pack), those are probably the actual parts, and the rest are just subparts.

This helps, thank you.

Honestly, I think Philo's pack was integrated in Studio at some point but nobody bothered to check if the parts loaded properly.

In fact, even in a 'vanilla installation' like yours, you will find the Vespa tires, but not the wheels.

Hi @Divitis

I haven't checked again my pack, but anyway, both the Vespa wheel rim and its tire are integrated to Studio now. Look for part numbers 84772 and 80542.

3 hours ago, Philo said:

Hi @Divitis

I haven't checked again my pack, but anyway, both the Vespa wheel rim and its tire are integrated to Studio now. Look for part numbers 84772 and 80542.

84772 returns no results. :pir_wacko:

5 hours ago, Divitis said:

84772 returns no results.

Is your Studio up-to-date? I works here (version 2.23.12), in fact I just have to key in "8477" to see the rim appear (full file name: 84772pb01)

1 hour ago, Philo said:

Is your Studio up-to-date? I works here (version 2.23.12), in fact I just have to key in "8477" to see the rim appear (full file name: 84772pb01)

Yes, I'm fully up to date and even did a clean installation (didn't have anything custom but your part pack anyway).

The wheel still doesn't show up. :pir-murder:

Any chance you can be so kind to send it over to me?

18 minutes ago, Divitis said:

The wheel still doesn't show up.

Gotcha! The old painful masking of decorated parts! Uncheck "Decorated parts on/off" near the search field.

15 minutes ago, Philo said:

Gotcha! The old painful masking of decorated parts! Uncheck "Decorated parts on/off" near the search field.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

giphy.gif

Looks like there's one or two new colors of Racing Small rims in this Ninjago set: Dark Blue, and maybe a darker yellow then we've had before? (It's hard to tell)

https://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/71811-1/71811_alt2.jpg

Edited by 2GodBDGlory
Rats! Image doesn't seem to be embedding from my phone

Seems like a new modified Technic axle and pin connector perpendicular with A-Link and ball joint tip is used for the McLaren MP4/4 and what looks to me like hard plastic tires (color and shine like ABS + tool split-line in middle visible) on 30 mm wheels similar to 2695. The front and back wheel hub is simply a 15460 Steering Arm with 3 tow balls.
lego-icons-10330-McLaren-MP4-4-und-Ayrto
lego-icons-10330-McLaren-MP4-4-und-Ayrto

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Looks like there's one or two new colors of Racing Small rims in this Ninjago set: Dark Blue, and maybe a darker yellow then we've had before? (It's hard to tell)

https://images.brickset.com/sets/AdditionalImages/71811-1/71811_alt2.jpg

And that's not even the most interesting thing. I see the new 2x3 liftarm with perpendicular holes from the John Deere tractor in dark purple! So I guess the 1:8 scale hypercar will be dark purple and probably a Lamborghini. Also nice comeback a 1x8 Technic brick in dark blue, last time seen in 2009 in the Grand Carousel and only been available in an Agents set before that.
LEGO_71811_WEB_SEC03_NOBG.jpg

Edited by R0Sch
correction