ocifant

Intruiging Tweet from TLG-Apparent huge news is coming

I'm sure it's just people at TLG teasing us and having fun! "Look at all those AFOLS totally excited because we posted a 4! Imagine their face when they'll learn there is no announcement at all!"

could be, I checked their facebook page this morning...8:45 am US central time and nothing posted at all, I think they are 7 or 8 hours ahead so it is almost 5 pm Billund time and nothing out there? Hmm...

It was just announced on Facebook. It's the return of Bionicle.

OMG!!!!!! I am going to take the rest of the day off and eat at Red Lobster tonight. :sarcasm:

Brace yourselves from the upcoming wave of disappointed people.

I think most people knew it would probably be Bionicle, judging from the posts. Those poor Dr. Who fans......

Bionicle disappeared before I came out of the Dark Age. After looking at examples of the sets, it seems like it would compete the most with Hero Factory and Mixels.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

I still say that those tiles looked like CS...

Now, to continue the debate of the merits of reboot(unnecessary, gets rid of huge portions of canon that fans remember and will purchase for) over continuation(so many Macguffins and plot to uphold.).

Oh well.... No Doctor Who today (: But I am happy for the bionicle fans.

Andy D

Avast, me hearties. It wasn't pirates either on talk like a pirate day. Arr, I was sorting Bionicles parts last night too.

Avast, me hearties. It wasn't pirates either on talk like a pirate day. Arr, I was sorting Bionicles parts last night too.

Aye, an' tharrt be a true shame, it does. Not tharrt t' new line be deserving of a whole day, but t' timing be strange.

so I was in the Dark Age when Bionicle was out, they remind me of Lego micronauts in some respect...I am not against them by any means, but not sure what the appeal is, I have lived through micronauts, transformers and many more robot type action figures, what, other than they are Lego, would draw me to this line? Feel free to persuade me on how I should spend my money.

Bio-Nickel? Is that some kind of green-funding?? I never new it was Lego anyway.... so the BIG news is rather a. well, disappointment.....

so I was in the Dark Age when Bionicle was out, they remind me of Lego micronauts in some respect...I am not against them by any means, but not sure what the appeal is, I have lived through micronauts, transformers and many more robot type action figures, what, other than they are Lego, would draw me to this line? Feel free to persuade me on how I should spend my money.

Well, the whole building aspect of it sets it apart from most Transformers and similar products, for starters. Even though its parts have historically been more specialized than your typical LEGO System or Technic parts, they're still very versatile for building your own articulated creations.

Beyond that, BIONICLE had a very engaging storyline focusing on the heroic Toa and their quest to awaken the Great Spirit Mata Nui from a spell cast by the evil sorceror Makuta. A lot of the quests involved searching for magical artifacts like the great Kanohi Masks of Power, which gave the Toa new abilities that they could use in battle. The theme had a rich vocabulary inspired in part by various Polynesian languages and cultures, plus lots of mysteries that helped drive the story and keep fans on their toes. It was the LEGO Group's first really full-fledged intellectual property, with a wide range of supporting media such as books, movies, comics, music, and video games. A lot of today's story-driven LEGO themes such as Ninjago and Legends of Chima are informed by the lessons the LEGO Group learned from making BIONICLE.

Obviously, BIONICLE doesn't appeal to everybody (what franchise does?), but its originality and immersive storytelling made it a fast favorite for many kids and adults.

Bio-Nickel? Is that some kind of green-funding?? I never new it was Lego anyway.... so the BIG news is rather a. well, disappointment.....

Not only is BIONICLE a LEGO theme, it was actually one of their most successful themes about a decade ago.

For AFOLs who don't care about the Bionicle line itself, one pleasant side effect is that all kinds of interesting and rare parts in rare colors were created for those sets, so... That will be nice if that pattern returns.

look at it this way, you guys will most deff get TLM2 whick is most likley going to be purely system, us bionicle fans needed something special. :U

I hoped for Dr. Who, well knowing that would not be it. I wished it would be some TLM sideshow due to the 2-4 previews.

Im definately dissapointed. Then again i had my dark age when bionicle was introduced and have only touched/ approached it for pieces i could use in my mocs.

It probably have a large fan group out there so im not gonna whine about it.

It might be that an old dog like me can learn some new tricks, since ive never understood bionicle at all. If TLG introduce it well, we might all be amased.. :)

EDIT: Looking at that tweet again, im not to sure thats all there is to it. Are you all certain thats it "Bionicle" only ?

Edited by LEGO Family

look at it this way, you guys will most deff get TLM2 whick is most likley going to be purely system, us bionicle fans needed something special. :U

I don't expect TLM2 to leave out Bionicle entirely. The Lego Movie established the world and the characters; that gives TLM2 almost complete freedom to delve into some of the weirder parts of it.

oi, well im not expecting them to put any bionicle in the second one

what im getting at, is system fans get the majority of legos attention, constraction fans get love for a a minute by bringing back a beloved line, and system fans get disappointing that it wasnt about them. :U