Hi,

I've started my new H3t model, it has 4 speed gearbox - servo motor, double reduction after differentials (12:24, 8:24), 2 buggy motors, m-motor for steering & it also has pneumo diff-lock system controlled by RC block servo.

I like how it rides)))

Here's the first test-drive video:

Edited by Jeka Jackson

I wonder how much the weight of a body will affect it?

It'll not affect too much) cause the chassis has a great torque moment (always lower reduction) I've tried + 1,5 kg on it - rides the same way)

Hold on Defender, hold on Sheepo! H3 is coming! Boo!

:)

Great work Jeka!

It aso remind me AndyCW's works. Also with Gearbox and difflocks.

It aso remind me AndyCW's works. Also with Gearbox and difflocks.

:blush: I'm tickled that people think of me when I am absent

It'll not affect too much) cause the chassis has a great torque moment (always lower reduction) I've tried + 1,5 kg on it - rides the same way)

i was about to say "this chassis is great" then i read this and i'd say "this chassis is greater" :laugh:

h3t stands for? hummer H3 maybe?

H3t ))) it'll be pickup) its wheelbase is longer than H3's

I've got drawings & made calculations

Edited by Jeka Jackson

wow man! that's amazing :)

could you tell me some things?

i'd like to know what ratio the 4th gear has, and how much what you have now weighs :sweet: just to know the capabilities of rc buggy motors

wow man! that's amazing :)

could you tell me some things?

i'd like to know what ratio the 4th gear has, and how much what you have now weighs :sweet: just to know the capabilities of rc buggy motors

The gearbox rations:

1 - 1:5

2 - 1:3

3 - 3:5

4 - 1:1

(About the gearbox - there was the link at the beginning of this topic.)

I've used "slow buggys exits". After gearbox - transmission comes to blocking differentials, after diffs it has reduction 12:24, then 8:24, such reduction allows motors rotate 96 wheels easily.

Now the complete weight (with charged 2 battery boxes & 5 motors) - is ~ 1,4 kg.

I'll ask my mate to add some photo - now I don't have such ability(((

Edited by Jeka Jackson

That's awesome man! Thanks for the video, does the RC unit do the steering?

Thanks!

Yes & no))), rc unit servo is used to control pneumatic switch (diff lock/unlock), cause it has only 45 degree turn angles & it's not enough. For steering I've used M-motor, it is also connected to rc unit (additional grey channel)

Also, I don't like to use servo for steering in "slow" models, cause using another schemes allow to fix selected directions.

Thanks!

Yes & no))), rc unit servo is used to control pneumatic switch (diff lock/unlock), cause it has only 45 degree turn angles & it's not enough. For steering I've used M-motor, it is also connected to rc unit (additional grey channel)

Also, I don't like to use servo for steering in "slow" models, cause using another schemes allow to fix selected directions.

Cool thanks for that! I understand the problem with selecting direction using the RC servo. My next project will be "real" RC. hehe

Keep up the good work. :laugh: