Hello everybody.

I wanted to share with you all my newest (LOTR) MOC.

I decided to make a MOC based on Amon-hen, and chose Boromir's Last Stand for this.

Perhaps I'll do a second Amon-hen scene in the future, probably the Seat of Seeing with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli.

But for now, this will do...

8257891149_e906d27d04.jpg

"As the Fellowship continues their journey past Lothlorien, they are held back at Amon-hen and are confronted

by a group of Uruk-hai scouts and their leader, Lurtz, to separate the Fellowship from each other and

to take away the Halfling who carries the One Ring...

But even Boromir, son of Denethor II of Gondor, could not resist the power of the One Ring,

and after a failed attempt to take the ring from Frodo, he was faced with one chance to redeem himself.

Slaying Uruk-hai after Uruk-hai, Boromir displayed his strength in battle, but none of this lasted, for the

Uruk-hai leader Lurtz had already arrived; bow in hand, with the first arrow to be fired..."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you liked it, C&C is welcome as always.

More pictures can be found on Flickr, beneath the main pic:

Boromir's Last Stand

Edited by General Magma

That's a great LOTR MOC, General Magma. The base of the MOC looks excellent with a variety of different studs and plants. The trees also look wonderful. :sweet:

Thanks everybody!

Glad you like it, as well as the trees - tried something new with those

and I hoped that others would like them as well.

Edited by General Magma

Awesome MOC! Boromir looks great in the grey cape. I'll have to try that myself once I get my hands on a Boromir minifig. I love that you added gloves to him. The lack of gloves is one of the things that really bothers me about the otherwise fantastic LOTR minifigs.

Really nice scene, very similar to the original in the film :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

newwavejunkie: Yeah, I disliked the fact that some of the figures that were supposed to have gloves didn't have them.

So, the first thing I did with the Boromir figure months ago was giving him a new pair of hands... well, gloves.

Examples of other changes I've made to figures were giving Pippin a brown cape as he should have (before Lothlorien), and Aragorn a black cape.

Edited by General Magma

Nice little scene! I do like the trees also. very clever usage. I was just thinking of doing something similar only not vertically. I was going to add in more angles on regular tree arches, but this works really well. Thanks for that.

Keep up the good work.

newwavejunkie: Yeah, I disliked the fact that some of the figures that were supposed to have gloves didn't have them.

So, the first thing I did with the Boromir figure months ago was giving him a new pair of hands... well, gloves.

Examples of other changes I've made to figures were giving Pippin a brown cape as he should have (before Lothlorien), and Aragorn a black cape.

I tried a black cape on Aragorn but I personally prefer the dark green cape I took off Eomer (who doesn't wear a cape in the films anyway). I just think it gives him a more dynamic look, especially considering his coat should be green. Obviously black is more screen accurate, but I just think he looks good with some green on him. Whenever I pick up an extra Mirkwood Elf poly, I can give the dark green hood to Aragorn to complete his Strider look. I also gave him a black glove on his right hand.

Have you given gloves to the other minifigures that are lacking them? Gimli, Theoden, Eomer, and the Rohan Soldier are the ones that bothered me. I tried giving them all reddish brown hands as they all wear brown gloves in the film from what I can tell, but I just thought they looked too light. Plus, in the case of Eomer and the Rohan soldier, I didn't like that their hands were the same color as their weapons. I didn't want to go with black so I went with old brown instead. I thought the color was different enough to work. I think dark brown would be ideal but Lego doesn't produce hands in that color (yet). Anyway, just wanted to know your thoughts on these other minifigs.

Edited by newwavejunkie

Thanks all.

I tried a black cape on Aragorn but I personally prefer the dark green cape I took off Eomer (who doesn't wear a cape in the films anyway). I just think it gives him a more dynamic look, especially considering his coat should be green. Obviously black is more screen accurate, but I just think he looks good with some green on him. Whenever I pick up an extra Mirkwood Elf poly, I can give the dark green hood to Aragorn to complete his Strider look. I also gave him a black glove on his right hand.

Have you given gloves to the other minifigures that are lacking them? Gimli, Theoden, Eomer, and the Rohan Soldier are the ones that bothered me. I tried giving them all reddish brown hands as they all wear brown gloves in the film from what I can tell, but I just thought they looked too light. Plus, in the case of Eomer and the Rohan soldier, I didn't like that their hands were the same color as their weapons. I didn't want to go with black so I went with old brown instead. I thought the color was different enough to work. I think dark brown would be ideal but Lego doesn't produce hands in that color (yet). Anyway, just wanted to know your thoughts on these other minifigs.

Yeah, I preferred to have a black cape on Aragorn, though.

I gave Éomer's dark green cape to the Rohirrim soldier instead.

I gave Théoden, Éomer and Boromir black gloves, and Gimli has been given one pair of brown gloves.

Many Rohirrim soldiers did not wear gloves, it was pretty varied, as was their armor 'n all, so I wasn't bothered by that,

but a few duplicates will have gloves.

Yay for orc women ( Warrior Beauty) :laugh: ! I also like the statue and the small ruins next to it! Keep building! :wink:

I like what you've got here. :thumbup: I was thinking a black bow was a little more fitting for Lurtz, but the rest looks nice. :classic: