Evil Stevie's Pirate Game

59 replies to this topic  – Started by Mister Phes , Dec 11 2006 03:25 PM

#1 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 11 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

Posted Image

Evil Stevie's Pirate Game is arguably the most popular Pirate LEGO roleplaying game!

If you're interested in playing check out the rules at http://sj.sjgames.com/PirateGame.html

Or if you'd like to discuss the game or find some people to play it with,  post in this thread!

Posted Image

#2 Unitron6991

Unitron6991

Member: 4445

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

Does anyone know if there are updated rules? The ones I find have been fossilized since 2000.
Posted Image

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

A quick google search yielded me this.

http://www.io.com/~sj/PirateGame.html

:jollyroger:

Edited by Big Cam, 24 August 2009 - 04:10 PM.

#4 Unitron6991

Unitron6991

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

That's the one I was talking about.  :pir_wacko:
Posted Image

#5 muffinman42

muffinman42

Member: 6923

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:58 PM

war games dont really need that much updateing, but regular trimmings and work on new rules/replacement or removal of old one is nice since it refines the game to its best.

#6 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:00 PM

View PostUnitron6991, on Aug 24 2009, 01:04 PM, said:

That's the one I was talking about.  :pir_wacko:
Are these the updated rules you wanted or did you already have them?

#7 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4368

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

Why not update it yourself?   :pir-tongue: Add your own rules or change them around a bit.. You don't need the Creator of that game to update it for everyone, when you can update it yourself.  :pir_laugh2: Bring some new life into it. because if someone doesn't.. it will remain that way until the creator updates it..  :pir-skull: And no one knows how long that will be.  :pir-hmpf_bad: So, if you cant find any updates.. Just create your own game like it.  :pir-classic:  It has the foundation right there. :D If you dont, someone eventually will!  :pir-skull: Now get started, Theres not much time.. *hands you a pen and paper* Get writing on some new rules and features! :D

~~~ Davy_Blocks AKA. Ryan T ~~~

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor

"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron

#8 Unitron6991

Unitron6991

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:44 PM

@Big Cam

Those are the ones I already had.

@Davy_Blocks

After Physics homework, CompSci homework, PoliSci homework, Calculus II homework, and after I expand my fleet and army there is a high possiblity.  :shark:
Posted Image

#9 Ryan_T

Ryan_T
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!

Member: 4368

Posted 27 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

View PostUnitron6991, on Aug 26 2009, 06:44 PM, said:

@Davy_Blocks

After Physics homework, CompSci homework, PoliSci homework, Calculus II homework, and after I expand my fleet and army there is a high possiblity.  :shark:
Awesome! :D hope to see it floating around someday.  :pir-tongue: I myself have never played this game.. But hope to someday.  :pir_laugh2: Now.. Don't you forgot to add something fun with some  :cannon: 's and some  :monkey: 's  :pir-grin:

~~ Ryan T ~~

"However that doesn't stop them from taking their characters pants off and running around the city!"

- JTaylor

"I have one question myself Admiral, what is a spanker? it sounds like a terrible device!"
-Admiral Ron

#10 Francis Dampierre

Francis Dampierre
  • The Two Francises

Member: 12351

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:14 AM

Like the rest of us here, I am a huge fan of LEGO pirates, and thus, I eventually ended up at the main page of Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. The game seems like loads of fun; the rules are a bit outdated, but a few tweaks would help revitalize them. In any case, I was wondering if there are people out there that are still playing this game, because most of the links I've found just lead to 404 error pages.

I like gaming in general, so when you combine LEGO, pirates, and gaming, my mouth starts watering.  :pir-cry_happy: I ran a few little scenarios at home, to experiment with the game mechanics, but it's no fun without other players. And also, my limited LEGO resources could not support a full-fledged game, or even a small one.

So does anyone here still play ESPG? If so, I would love to get involved in a game. If not, would it be possible for someone with lots of pirate LEGO to help organize a game? I'd be happy to help plan the event. I live in the SF Bay Area, I'm 16, and I'm itching to start pillaging.

Of course, if this game is dead, then I'll just leave it lie. If this is the case, don't hesitate to tell me.  :pir-sad2:

#11 Admiral Blockbeard

Admiral Blockbeard
  • Cat Lover

Member: 2872

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:28 PM

There are many people out there that agree with you, Dug up some old threads for you to read. Most of the thing you'll be interested in can be found here on Eurobricks own war-gaming thread. Some alternatives to ESPG are as below.

Chiles Rules

Brikwars

And a thread thats very very similar to your own, I think you'll find most answers here.

Best of luck finding a game buddy!

Regards, Cpt. PB
:monkey:

Edited by Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard, 30 December 2009 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

#12 Francis Marion

Francis Marion

Member: 2862

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

I've been interested in running the game myself, but have never played any. I wondered if the game was dead to the creator at some point, so I emailed him as follows:

Mr. Jackson,

I am a fan of the Lego "Pirates" theme, and came across your Lego-based pirate game several years ago. I am curious as to if you have thought about this game over the years since it's been updated at all, and am wondering if you still run events for it. Also, the return of the "Pirates" and its evolution
(i.e.- Sets, Custom Creations, Custom Minifigures) has made me ponder if there are any updates that you have considered making to the website or rules.

Thank you for reading,

John Murphy

To which he responded:

I think about it occasionally, I run games occasionally (nothing scheduled now) - but I am not at all "caught up" on the new sets. Someday I will get back to it . . .

I'm a bit far away (12-14 hours drive) for a game, but I wish you luck in your endeavours in finding one.

#13 AhabDarab

AhabDarab

Member: 5188

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

Well, remember that Evil Stevie is actually Steve Jackson. He owns Steve Jackson games. Remember the games that pay the bills are the ones that need attention, and Evil Stevie's Pirates is free. As for him running a day of his pirate game, I usually see him do it a few times a year at the major game conventions (Dragon con, Origins, GenCon). I say use patience and keep your eyes open. If it's posted that he (or anyone using his rules) is running a game, I'll let you know in this forum. Having seen his game run many times, I have to say it rocks!

Ahab out.......................
Posted Image  

"We Set the Standards"

#14 Francis Dampierre

Francis Dampierre
  • The Two Francises

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:32 PM

View PostAhabDarab, on Dec 31 2009, 10:37 AM, said:

If it's posted that he (or anyone using his rules) is running a game, I'll let you know in this forum.

Awesome, that would be great. Do you know where GenCon is held, because most of the pictures I've seen of ESPG are from 2003-2005 GenCons...might be worth attending!

#15 Ratshot

Ratshot
  • Thank you for your contributions!

Member: 4799

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:51 PM

What a coincidence, I Just found this 2 minutes ago :pir_wacko: I might play it in the future.

My flickr

Posted Image
1969 Dodge Charger RT

#16 curtisrlee

curtisrlee

Member: 7137

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Why not a SUPER BRAINY guy make a Massively Multiplayer Flash Game for ALL of us to play!  :pir_laugh2:  :pir_laugh2:
I IS AWESOME

I got my own smily! -->  Posted Image
And I thank Joey for this one! --> Posted Image

My Youtube
My Brickshelf

#17 Huntleyfx

Huntleyfx

Member: 5179

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to get a game started at Brickfair.
"Everything is more impressive when done to the saber dance."- Overheard backstage.

#18 Francis Dampierre

Francis Dampierre
  • The Two Francises

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:24 AM

View PostHuntleyfx, on Jan 1 2010, 04:38 PM, said:

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to get a game started at Brickfair.

What's Brickfair? Sounds fun  :pir-cry_happy:

#19 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

Member: 8047

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:03 AM

I was wondering the same thing.  I live in Seattle WA and I don't know if anybody does that game in my area.  I don't have a lot of money to travel with so I was just asking.  I do know that the NW Brickcon is held here but I don't know if they hold those games or not.

Edited by bengun, 03 January 2010 - 05:04 AM.

#20 Huntleyfx

Huntleyfx

Member: 5179

Posted 08 January 2010 - 05:13 AM

View PostFrancis LeBaron, on Jan 2 2010, 01:24 AM, said:

What's Brickfair? Sounds fun  :pir-cry_happy:

Brickfair is the Washington D.C. area LEGO convention, held in August. And yes, it is a lot of fun.
"Everything is more impressive when done to the saber dance."- Overheard backstage.

#21 Francis Dampierre

Francis Dampierre
  • The Two Francises

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

Just thought I'd get the word out, I don't know each and every link to ESPG, so here it is.

Steve Jackson has moved Evil Stevie's Pirate Game to his own site, at http://sj.sjgames.com/. From there, it is linked normally. I already notified Forbidden Cove about the site change, so hopefully they already know to change their link addresses. If anyone else knows other sites linked to ESPG, please let them know (or me).

Edited by Francis Dampierre, 25 November 2010 - 07:43 AM.

#22 Cherno

Cherno

Member: 13634

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to change my bookmarks.

#23 AhabDarab

AhabDarab

Member: 5188

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. Steve Jackson is a class act, and his games are among my very favorites(Car Wars being my #2 of all time).

Lego & an awesome game designer = more fun than you know what to do with.

Ahab Out...................
Posted Image  

"We Set the Standards"

#24 Admiral Croissant

Admiral Croissant
  • Popped his title cherry!

Member: 4578

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the information! I'll frontpage it.

Go to Classic-Pirates.com
Got questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image
20 gun Frigate 'Vesta'
My Brickshelf
My Flickr
My Mocpages

#25 Mister Phes

Mister Phes
  • Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

And I've updated the first post in this thread...

So lads, discuss the game or maybe arrange a tournament!

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links