• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2781 replies to this topic

#1651 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostHyler Talliwell, on 24 September 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yeah, all two of us are really hurting. But actually, it will be a trick for us to have more than one entry into the next challenge now.

yeah good luck with that.
I agree that Angeli was an asset to your guild and that his departure is a terrible loss, I am going to try (and possibly some others) to help the cause Posted Image
anyway we'll see what happens.
~Legonardo

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#1652 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostGabe, on 24 September 2012 - 04:53 AM, said:

Thanks, i'm glad you like my entry Ska!  Pennamore is pretty boss too - i wouldn't mind building there.  :classic: In fact, i can't decide which entry is my favourite, there are too many awesome ones. I don't envy the judging panel...
Me neither, I really interested to see who they pick!

@Si-MOCs, thanks!

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#1653 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostHyler Talliwell, on 24 September 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

Yeah, all two of us are really hurting. But actually, it will be a trick for us to have more than one entry into the next challenge now.
If I recall correct, there were five of you still active besides your Guild Leader (Hexx, Abu Dun, Dr.Rod, Hyler Talliwell, and Turtleman2020).
Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#1654 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostPenkid11, on 24 September 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

If I recall correct, there were five of you still active besides your Guild Leader (Hexx, Abu Dun, Dr.Rod, Hyler Talliwell, and Turtleman2020).
Maybe you can get Hersbrucker to make an emergency return appearance!  (We're at risk of turning this into the Nocturnus thread...)
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#1655 gedren_y

gedren_y

Member: 14064

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

I have just picked up three gold Duplo 2x2 bricks. Gotta get to building the Nestlands Office of the Minister of External Affairs (at least the exterior). I also plan to work on my Cobalt Vale Market, Skywatch Perch and Visiting Herbologists. NOMEA will probably have a Berigora soldier drunk over word of the distruction to the Causeway. Thanks for the motivation Gabe.

I also have some Nocturnus exiles that might make an appearance once I get some painting done. Maybe I'll make a Nocturnian style restaurant.
Posted Image

#1656 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

View Postgedren_y, on 24 September 2012 - 05:35 PM, said:

I have just picked up three gold Duplo 2x2 bricks.

Interested to see what you will be doing with those!:sweet:

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1657 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

I am working on a student dormitory for the University :classic:
Well, it's more the Student House of the MΣ ( or μσ or Mu Sigma ) :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#1658 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

I just ordered a Grand Emporium (aka the Kaliphlin Parts Pack!) from Walmart.com for $121 plus $0.97 shipping!  That's 2182 pieces of Kaliphlin-style love at 5.5 cents per piece!  Those of you in the US might want to consider taking advantage of this sale if you can. Several of the other large sets are on sale too, like Kingdoms Joust is $100, and Tower Bridge, R2D2, Super Star Destroyer, Shuttle Expedition, Maersk Train, Death Star, and Volkswagen Van are all between 20% and 33% off. Amazon is matching many of the prices (although not Grand Emporium yet).

#1659 Theo

Theo

Member: 2063

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 28 September 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I just ordered a Grand Emporium (aka the Kaliphlin Parts Pack!) from Walmart.com for $121 plus $0.97 shipping!  That's 2182 pieces of Kaliphlin-style love at 5.5 cents per piece!  Those of you in the US might want to consider taking advantage of this sale if you can. Several of the other large sets are on sale too, like Kingdoms Joust is $100, and Tower Bridge, R2D2, Super Star Destroyer, Shuttle Expedition, Maersk Train, Death Star, and Volkswagen Van are all between 20% and 33% off. Amazon is matching many of the prices (although not Grand Emporium yet).

Times like this I wish I lived in the USA, great find, enjoy your Grand Emporium sir

Edited by Theo, 28 September 2012 - 07:55 AM.

#1660 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

That's really tempting. . . I'm afraid I'm just about stone broke now though. . .  I did get the City farm (used) for $40 from some friends (that may seem like a terrible deal for them, but they got it on sale for $20!!), so that gives me a good bit of tan.  :thumbup:   So I should have another free-build or two up soon, and I'm just waiting on my Bricklink order to compleate the Botanical Garden.  BTW, what should I do when that's done; give it a new topic, or just post the updated pictures in the old WIP topic (and of course one in the Universtiy and Kaliphlin threads)?  :sceptic:

Glad you were able to get one though!  :thumbup:

Edited by Kai NRG, 28 September 2012 - 11:38 AM.

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

#1661 Axis600

Axis600

Member: 28633

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

Birthday is coming up on the 12th, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers  :blush:
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#1662 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the heads up NM!  I just went to Walmart.com, but now the Grand Emporium is out of stock online.  I was really wanting the Tower Bridge down to $178, but that is also out of stock now.  The over 4,000 pieces in the Tower Bridge for under $200 is too good to pass up, but I may have to with it out of stock!

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#1663 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

Sorry you all didn't get a GE. I looked this morning, and it's dropped to $111!  That's probably what drove it out-of-stock. What a deal; wish I had waited a few hours, but you know, bird in the hand... Pet Shop is available for $111 still. Looks like all the other big Creator/Modular sets are sold out.  Don't worry -- the after-Christmas sales are only a few months away.

#1664 Erynlasgalen

Erynlasgalen

Member: 14491

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 28 September 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

Sorry you all didn't get a GE. I looked this morning, and it's dropped to $111!  That's probably what drove it out-of-stock. What a deal; wish I had waited a few hours, but you know, bird in the hand...

According to someone on Toys and Bricks, you may be able to get a price adjustment since they changed the price within seven days of you buying it. You have to go under your orders screen and do the "contact us about this order." Its worth a shot at least- it is a great price either way for a nice set. I just picked one up earlier this month for 30% off and it was worth every penny.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Currently portraying Amelia Phantomhive in the Kingdom of Kaliphlin.

#1665 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostErynlasgalen, on 28 September 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

According to someone on Toys and Bricks, you may be able to get a price adjustment since they changed the price within seven days of you buying it. You have to go under your orders screen and do the "contact us about this order." Its worth a shot at least- it is a great price either way for a nice set. I just picked one up earlier this month for 30% off and it was worth every penny.
Thanks for the tip!  I'll try that out.

Where did you find one for 30% off? That's a great deal!

#1666 Erynlasgalen

Erynlasgalen

Member: 14491

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 28 September 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Where did you find one for 30% off? That's a great deal!

Surprisingly right through the LEGO store, lol. I just found out about our local LEGO train club, and they have window in the Columbus store that rotates every four weeks. Most of their builders focus on large scale city and train layouts so they have a hard time filling the window sometimes, so they asked if I would put my last challenge MOC in for September. I don't know if they do this across all the stores, but I got 30% off five unique sets for displaying it.

I had to make some minor changes to it since the charred bodies and elemental eating people isn't quite within their violence guidelines, lol.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Currently portraying Amelia Phantomhive in the Kingdom of Kaliphlin.

#1667 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Dang it! I got paid today, I saw it yesterday, thought surely I could sneak one off today when I get paid. Nope. Well, I might still get it at full price from S@H.
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea ... | ....   Devil's Island   ...... | ........    Rakath Mountain Ritual

#1668 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:51 PM

Well, it was a while ago when I updated the topic of Mpya Stedor, but finally the next chapter is done:

The Turbulent Weeks (link)

I wrote one story about 4 MOC's I recently did:
- The Alleenridders riding out
- Elemental Surprise in Ghuba-Ya Biashara
- Mpya Stedor Tower
- Mpya Stedor Gate *

Enjoy!!

*Note for some here: I never advertised the Gate, so here it is:
Posted Image
click on pic to go to the topic of the Gate

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#1669 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi all! I have just finished a free build - it is set in Avalonia, continuing the fine old Kaliphlin tradition of gift-giving. :classic: Click the picture to go to the topic!

Posted Image

Sorry i haven't been around and commenting much lately, btw. I am just about to go and rectify that. Looking forward to checking out the latest in Mpya Stedor. :thumbup:

ps. Niiice score with the GE, NM...! Pet Shop for $111 too??  :oh: Wow, wish i could afford a buying trip to the US! :laugh:
Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#1670 Medic!!!

Medic!!!

Member: 27856

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Sorry that I have been an awful member of the guild. My favourite part of building is creating characters.
So, I am sorry. But, if it is allowed.I am going to create another. I have been heavily inspired By Davos In A song of Ice and fire so prepare for the onion knight!
Firebreath the bard, Bjorn the barbarian brothers in arms and travellers of Kaliplin.
My flickr

#1671 Axis600

Axis600

Member: 28633

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostGabe, on 30 September 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

Hi all! I have just finished a free build - it is set in Avalonia, continuing the fine old Kaliplin tradition of gift-giving. :classic: Click the picture to go to the topic!

*snip*
The Historica equivalent of "Southern Hospitality?"
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#1672 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

As if I didn't already lack LEGO building time, an old friend of mine moved back to the area and got me back playing racquetball. For the first time, I realized I'm not 18 anymore and how out of shape I had gotten. We've been playing 2-3 hours every other night now so my building time is even more limited. However I did just get something built... haven't decided if I'm going to include it in challenge 5 or post it as a free build.

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1673 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Here is my next freebuild, located in the Avalonian Countryside (I'm having Ageven travel through Historica, so I will have another (long) story up shortly):

Posted Image

(click on the picture to go to the topic)

Edit: Thought for sure I hadn't managed to do that before the five days. . .
Anyway, I've started on my Challenge V build, I'm really not sure how I'll manage with my brick count, but we'll see I guess!

Edited by Kai NRG, 11 October 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#1674 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Jeez, this forum is so, like, last week
:classic:

#1675 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 11 October 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Jeez, this forum is so, like, last week
Welcome back everybody!  How's it going with the new build?
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users