Sign in to follow this  
shmails

WW Category 2 Entry: Saved By The Boom

indexed.gif

This is an entry into the Eurobricks Spaghetti Western Competition, category 2:

SAVED BY THE BOOM

Just as Black Bort was being strung up for the crimes he had committed, a large wagon comes barreling through town, blowing up the jail and causing the townsfolk to scatter. It is the Black Bort's gang, the Black Hat Boys, who are here to save him. The wagon is only the distraction while two members clim up the other side of the gallows to set Bort free.

6078265019_e4f41a73f0_b.jpg

6078807212_fc7ea1694f_b.jpg

6078265389_bcf7a01de0_b.jpg

6078808020_a301242a81_b.jpg

6078266107_51dcfeff64_b.jpg

6078807624_3aa684afd1_b.jpg

6078807494_594ee59f5f_b.jpg

More Pictures Here

Enjoy!

Great mid action shot Shmails.pirate_thumbup.gif

The explosion is superbly done with it's blast effects on the surrounding characters adding even more action.

I can spot plenty of your fine customs in there and I think you've got a good chance at placing with this awesome entry....good luck.

Thanks guys! I had a lot of fun with this scene, glad you enjoy it as much as I did making it!

Lovely MOC, I really like the explosion, it's a great idea. Also the smoke from wheels is a nice touch. I might just add that I never liked mixing the fleshies with the yellow heads. Especially in your MOC since there's just a few fleshies and could easily be replaced by yellow heads or just left out. There's enough crowd there already! Else everything looks fine. The relief is also great, I wish I had so many tan or dark tan plates ...

Very nice :thumbup: ! The explosion is really well done. The colour gradiation comes out nice and items such as the door flying, minifig and water flying away real add to the impression of a strong blast. Another great detail is the dust rising up from the cart's wheels. Really, really great :sweet: !

*EDIT* As MstrofPppts already said, I wouldn't mix fleshies and normal yellow minifigs together, it kind of looks odd, especially since there is such an overwhelming number of yellow minifigs in the scene :wacko: .

A wonderfully chaotic action scene, i love all the little details that make it seem like a split second frozen in time. :thumbup: All the buildings, landscaping and posing are great too. As for mixing flesh coloured and yellow minifigs, i honestly didn't notice until it was pointed out! (And at least they aren't the creepy clone wars heads, now *that* would be disturbing! :laugh: )

Very cool. I'm always a fan of the wild west MOCs. Great work! I really like the hanging scene you've got there.

Thanks so much everyone! I knew putting fleshies in would cause a stir, I have no issue with doing that, but understand how others feel. I am not a fan of the flesh figs, but I do like the idea of showing different skin tones for different races. Then again, I also use custom figs and accessories in all my scenes, so a purist I am not and never will be. Thanks again to all!

The door caught in the explosion is a great touch. It really adds to the action of the scene.

Is Black Bort a Simpson's reference?

Steve

The door caught in the explosion is a great touch. It really adds to the action of the scene.

Is Black Bort a Simpson's reference?

Steve

Yippie!!! Someone got it, in the middle of writing the description it hit me and I had to change the name. Anywhere I can sneak in the Simpsons I do (My wedding cake was all Simpsons made by Ace Of Cakes!). Thanks!

This is wonderful.

The bomb smoke and the minifigs pose are very realistic. Moreover the whole Moc is very detailed. *oh2*

Very good thanks! The gallow is so good! :thumbup: First I thought that there was some kind of a country band on the stage! :blush:

The jail explosion is amazing! :oh:

'Silverface'

The explosion is brilliant and I really like the hotel and the gallows! The action has a very Spaghetti Western feel :thumbup:

This is unbelievably great. The details are fantastic. That BOOM is amazing...but the thoughtfulness of adding in the dude being blown out of the door, the door itself, the guy getting thrown off the horse...and my face is the barrel of water getting sloshes...fantastic.