XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I find it amusing that they've gone for the jedi starfighter cockpit piece - the same one I used to achieve a 6-stud wide cockpit on my minifig scale B-wing!

img_8552.jpg

At least I'll be able to use the UCS one in mine now and build the cockpit properly in light gray. :cry_happy:

As per usual i see lots of similarities to mine and others!

After watching the video I'm pretty....underwhelmed.

First of all, I'm disappointed that this isn't minifigure scale. It really isn't far off, and it wouldn't have been hard to include a few new minifigures.

But my biggest complaint has to be the cockpit. The Jedi Interceptor cockpit just doesn't fit well, it looks like it's drowning in the rest of the cockpit assembly.

Yeah, it's quite obvious they looked at existing UCS and minifig scale MOCs of the B-wing as a source of inspiration for their own model.

There's no second chance for a first impression and like The_Chosen_1 i'm not overwhelmed right away. In my opinion the offical model doesn't look nearly as neat and sleek as it could have been, especially compared to some of the great MOCs (Cavegod's for instance). The cockpit area looks quite awkward, but maybe that just takes some getting used to. Or else it can be modded. And is it my imagination or do i see the model sagging a bit in the video?

Still, there is a lot i do really like about this model, so overall i think they did a decent enough job. I'm looking forward to seeing high res pictures so i can study this model in more detail.

I agree that they could have included a minifig or two. If they manage to work in minifigs in an SSD set, then why not a pilot for the B-Wing?

Now that I know this set doesn't have Minifigs I shall buy 2!

I find this very amusing. When the SSD was coming out, everyone went 'Oh no, this is horrible, they're forcing minifigures into a UCS set for no reason!' And now it's 'Oh no, there are no minifigures, no way am I buying.' :shrug_confused:

I had high hopes for this set, and I'm somewhat torn now that it has been revealed. I like the overall design a lot, except for the canopy and the fact that it is not in mini-fig scale. I'm still not sure if I'll get it, I'll have to wait for more pics to appear.

I had high hopes for this set, and I'm somewhat torn now that it has been revealed. I like the overall design a lot, except for the canopy and the fact that it is not in mini-fig scale. I'm still not sure if I'll get it, I'll have to wait for more pics to appear.

My thoughts exactly, word for word. I like the set, but I'm not sure how much I like it yet. I need to see some tasty hi-res photos and a price tag before I judge it.

I find this very amusing. When the SSD was coming out, everyone went 'Oh no, this is horrible, they're forcing minifigures into a UCS set for no reason!' And now it's 'Oh no, there are no minifigures, no way am I buying.' :shrug_confused:

I think the reason why people complained about the SSD having minifigures was that it wasn't to scale with them. The B Wing however could have been to scale since it is only a fighter. Also it doesn't help that the UCS R2D2 comes with one and this doesn't.

I think the reason why people complained about the SSD having minifigures was that it wasn't to scale with them. The B Wing however could have been to scale since it is only a fighter. Also it doesn't help that the UCS R2D2 comes with one and this doesn't.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is the case. I don't see any reason not to include minifigures in a set like this, considering how appropriate it seemed for the Imperial Shuttle. Did anyone complain about that?

The only real plus to the fig-less B-Wing is that it may keep the cost down.

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is the case. I don't see any reason not to include minifigures in a set like this, considering how appropriate it seemed for the Imperial Shuttle. Did anyone complain about that?

The only real plus to the fig-less B-Wing is that it may keep the cost down.

Curious.

I don't see any reason to includ minifigs in that set.

Anyway, you want the B-Wing to have minifig ?

Fine.

Buy the model, and put a minifig in it.

Next.

Curious.

Fine.

Next.

By that logic, I might as well just buy the parts to the set individually, and then assemble it myself.

When you're judging the value of a set, you're judging what's included with the set. If all I cared about was owning a large B-wing in some form, I would just design my own. LEGO's trying to sell this particular B-wing to us, so if there's no minifigures included, it will affect my perception of the set's value.

... Next. :hmpf:

When you're judging the value of a set, you're judging what's included with the set.

Certainely.

But a minifig doesn't increase the value on such a display model.

Edited by Anio

Curious.

Fine.

Next.

Ah, a voice of reason. The only reason the other UCS starship sets had figs was because the ended up being minifig scale (Falcon and shuttle) or in the SSD case the set had absolutley no features what so ever without them and the mini bridge. The fig with the UCS R2 was just plain weird if you ask me! *huh*

Indeed. I also think people are assuming that this is a minifig-scale set. It's not. I haven't done the math, but Renegade Clone's minifig-scale MOC is definitely smaller, despite using the same canopy. It's a starfighter. Not a shuttle. Not a freighter. I would be very disappointed in the UCS line if this had been minifig-scale.

I'm quite impressed by most of it, apart from the cockpit which looks awful! It looks like a last-minute 'that will do' sort of solution. Also, are the small 'cannons' at the front just gold lightsaber hilts? :look: I'll probably give this a miss unless it's less than £200; do we have any idea on the part count?

Edited by Lobot

I'm quite impressed by most of it, apart from the cockpit which looks awful! It looks like a last-minute 'that will do' sort of solution. Also, are the small 'cannons' at the front just gold lightsaber hilts? :look: I'll probably give this a miss unless it's less than £200; do we have any idea on the part count?

quote from hires pictures site .. "Consisting of 1486 pieces"

I'll merge this with the 2012 Rumors thread where all of the other B-Wing discussion is. :classic:

10227 B-wing Starfighter™

Ages 16+. 1,486 pieces.

US $199.99 CA $249.99 DE 199.99€ UK 169.99£ DK 1699 DKK

Take on the Empire in the Ultimate Collector Series B-wing Starfighter!

Now you can experience the ultimate B-wing Starfighter from the Star Wars galaxy like never before. This fantastic model features everything you would expect from our premium collector range, including rotating, self-levelling cockpit and realistic wing configurations for landing and flight. And when you're finished battling in the skies above Endor or helping to restore freedom in the galaxy, place this highly detailed B-wing Starfighter on its own dedicated display stand and fact plaque. Measures 26” (66 cm) wide and 15” (38 cm) high in flight configuration, and 17” (43 cm) high on display stand.

• A highly detailed Ultimate Collector Series B-wing Starfighter model
  • Features rotating, self-levelling cockpit
  • Features realistic wing configurations for landing and flight
  • Includes display stand and fact plaque
  • Model can be detached from display stand
  • Measures 26” (66cm) wide and 15” (38cm) high in flight configuration, and 17” (43cm) high when mounted on display stand

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning

October 2012 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

10227_ prod.jpg

10227_bwingback-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingback-plate.jpg

10227_bwingbottom-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingcockpit1inset-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingcockpitmove-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingcockpitpro1-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingcockpittop-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingengines-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingheadon-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingintakeinset-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingmain1-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingprofile-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingstraight-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingstraight1-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingstraight2-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingstraight3-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingstraight4-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingtailon-packaging.jpg

10227_bwingtopdown-packaging.jpg

Well.... I'll add the obligatory: too pricy for that amount of bricks. On the plus side, the ship looks great to me.

Ugh....it's great except for that much-too-small canopy. :wacko:

Edited by The_Chosen_1

At long last, its been revealed. I'm not blown away or anything, but I still think it looks pretty good! I've always thought the B-Wing was a really unique looking ship, so it's nice to have an official UCS model. I definitely want this to be part of my collection.

Haha, yup, you just can't win 'em all! I've been collecting the UCS line from the get-go, so the lack of minifig in this set is fine by me.

The cost will make this a painful addition to my collection, and I don't want to price rant so I'll just stop myself there...

Pretty cool model, but I'm gonna pass. Primarily the price put the nail in the coffin. I don't spend that much money on LEGO unless I really like or love the set.

Looking at some reference, the cockpit window doesn't really look all that much too small. The problem is that is slopes down under the rear frame.

Anyway, nice looking ship, but the price is... hefty, to say the least.