KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Is it confirmed for June release in Europe? Brickipedia has the dates up as August but is this just for America? If you'reright then we only have a few weeks to wait!! :cry_happy:

Usually we'll see it somewhere in Europe by June, but not in all stores or all countries.

well i havenĀ“t seen these ones (as close-ups) so far in this topic:

I'm not a huge (or even small) fan of podracers, but the more pics I see, the more I'm having to revise my intention of completely ignoring these sets.... sigh, even more money diverted away from luxuries like food etc.... :grin:

Well, i don't like (pod-)racing at all. While the scenes in the movie were memorable and certainly appeal to younger audience, i personally could only consider to buy the set on a drastical discount - and only because of the alien figs included.

Well, i don't like (pod-)racing at all. While the scenes in the movie were memorable and certainly appeal to younger audience, i personally could only consider to buy the set on a drastical discount - and only because of the alien figs included.

Well, i dont like the podracers scenes either. But I must say the lego podracers look really good. But I dont like the minifigures

Im really excited about the Podracer set. Both pods are much better design in my opinion and the figs are way better than the privious figs. Man, look at the Sebulba and Watto. I missed out on the first pod sets and this will make up for it.

Im really excited about the Podracer set. Both pods are much better design in my opinion and the figs are way better than the privious figs. Man, look at the Sebulba and Watto. I missed out on the first pod sets and this will make up for it.

I agree, i think the sets look really good. Personally I would rather spend my money on other sets but son has his eyes firmly fixed on this set along with the millenium falcon so i will probably end up getting them.

It's going to be a very expensive summer!

Is there a set with any not-new minifigs? Like that haven't been in a set before?

Not sure what you mean by that. Your first sentence mentions old minifigs and your second new ones. :sceptic:

All the sets have at least one minifig that is new.

All the sets have at least one minifig that is new.

OK that was what I was asking. That is the first time in a long time.

That is the first time in a long time.

Really? I'm pretty sure that for the last several years every set has had at least one slightly new figure. The January 2011 range certainly did, as did last summer's range.

Really? I'm pretty sure that for the last several years every set has had at least one slightly new figure. The January 2011 range certainly did, as did last summer's range.

Ya, I was just about to mention that. Last summer every set had at least one new fig, if not two or three. Some of the sets this wave have only new figs, like the sith speeder or Darth Maul's ship, and the pods.

Even if there isn't a new character fig, the fig itself has been updated to make it "new". Just good business sense to be able to slap a "New Minifig" label on the box.

Even if there isn't a new character fig, the fig itself has been updated to make it "new". Just good business sense to be able to slap a "New Minifig" label on the box.

:thumbup: Is there anything wrong with minifigures?

Nope. Although sometimes it is nice to have a minifig stay around for a while without all the minor changes so it's easier to get. (which, of course, though, is what TLG doesn't want to happen, since they want to sell more sets) And on the other hand sometimes those minor changes end up producing great new parts. It really depends. Edited by Brickdoctor

For info if you are in France you can find the 7752 solar sailer for 34,90 euros at TRU. Offer is also available online.

Didn't know where to post this, hope it's ok here.

Edi: Thank you Brickdoctor. I didn't found this one...

Edited by Petit-bleu

Didn't know where to post this, hope it's ok here.

There's a topic about prices and availability here.

If the set is overpriced because of them, I get a little annoyed.

I agree with The Legonater I don't get it.

If you're trying to say it's a Pic from the set/The mini SD is copied from that then that's wrong.

Even my terrible eyesight can see the SSD SD is different than that.

I think Fallenangel is trying to say the scale of the model doesn't justify having minifigs with it. Safe to say this debate has divided opinion - I just wish I could afford the SSD and manage to smuggle it binto the house without the wife spotting it! :sick:

the minifigs are for the bridge scene from EPV which is hidden under the removable city section, this was confirmed by a member of the lego design team.

this was confirmed by a member of the lego design team.

Well, this finally settles the problem. LEGO has officially killed the most amazing UCS of these years. WHy didn't they do this to some obscure and useless ship? Why do this to that... beauty? All just to raise its price by 60-70 dollars with a bunch of ******* minifigs????????

Well, this finally settles the problem. LEGO has officially killed the most amazing UCS of these years. WHy didn't they do this to some obscure and useless ship? Why do this to that... beauty? All just to raise its price by 60-70 dollars with a bunch of ******* minifigs????????

Yea, that big blob of gray is completely ruined by 2 new figs. Now what will be the selling point?