lightningtiger

Oh, no not another Hardware Store !

Okay, so I started designing shop fittings that would suit a hardware store.....plus outdoors/sporting....so yeah, I though maybe another hardware store to go in my Avalonian seaside village.....now only a sign for the front I need to craft.

14093989922_DISPLAY.jpg14093989923_DISPLAY.jpg14093989934_DISPLAY.jpg14093989935_DISPLAY.jpg

Plus now a bonus modified design parked out the front...........

14093989911_DISPLAY.jpg

Keep watching......more to come as usual ! :wink:

Yeah, LT, how many hardware stores do you have to build ? :wink:

It looks great - the textured black bricks make the facade look as though it's made of iron, and I'm a sucker for expansive windows. I agree with Zblj that the interior could do with more (and taller) racks of goods.

Thanks for the feedback everyone........I'm not sure if I can fit any thing else on the floor without making it look too crowded......but the blank spaces up high I might have some ideas there.....keep watching ! :wink:

You could make it a Target store in Canada. They had problems with stocking the stores with products when they first opened in Canada. :laugh: My local Target still doesn't have a good selection of LEGO on clearance.

Looks great, LT. I just love the facade. :thumbup: The interior space looks a little spartan. I can't wait to see what you do next. :sweet:

Thanks to those who have commented, etc today........now I'm trying to convince Lego to build something other than cop shops all the time ! :laugh:

I'm planning some extra bits to go inside tomorrow......fingers crossed......keep watching ! :grin:

Very nice build as most of the stores in our layouts do not have this shape or scale. The detail on the front looks nice with the profile bricks and dark colors. The interior, although stocked like the South Philly WalMart which has a huge problem with thievery, looks nice. Great Work.

Very nice build as most of the stores in our layouts do not have this shape or scale. The detail on the front looks nice with the profile bricks and dark colors. The interior, although stocked like the South Philly WalMart which has a huge problem with thievery, looks nice. Great Work.

Thanks 'cgarison', yeah very true about scale in this case 46 stud wide !

I'll have the interior issues fixed tomorrow so keep watching ! :grin:

Looks great LT, the profiled front is nice. Plus I love large windows to see what's going on in a building. And I love unusual widths even more. :wink: Looking forward to more of this. :thumbup:

That is very nice! Though I would call it a Sports Store rather than a Hardware Store.

That is very nice! Though I would call it a Sports Store rather than a Hardware Store.

Thanks 'City' for your comments, there are still hardware stores in the world that still sell sporting goods and outdoor stuff.

I got the sign done......

1409557852m_DISPLAY.jpg

Keep watching !

It looks better with the huge canoe taking up wall space (but perhaps it might look nicer if it were on the middle of the wall?) On the other hand, the stickers you've put on the outside as a sign are clearly of very low resolution - are there any higher-res pictures you could use instead?

It looks better with the huge canoe taking up wall space (but perhaps it might look nicer if it were on the middle of the wall?) On the other hand, the stickers you've put on the outside as a sign are clearly of very low resolution - are there any higher-res pictures you could use instead?

I think jamesn is right but put some oars next to/ above/ infront of the canoe.

Lovely everywhere else by the way!

Thanks for the feedback guys, oars eh ?......maybe but I have to have the right parts to mount said oars in stock as I'm broke at the moment.

Now the sign is a blown up version of one from an early 80's idea book......and actually colouring it in would take a few hours to get it right.....just consider it a weather beaten sign since this is going into a coastal village along the sea front.

Keep watching ! :classic:

Another one huh? Great. I love all your stores. This one looks awesome. The sign is just suitable. Great work LT

Another one huh? Great. I love all your stores. This one looks awesome. The sign is just suitable. Great work LT

Thanks 'monsinjor'.....yeah another one.......I can't help it, it's my problem :laugh: and I'm even planning another too.......I have a hardware store habit ! :laugh:

Keep watching ! :grin: