Ngoc Nguyen

Vehicles or Construction Equipment which never appeared as Technic

I think that soon Lego will have to make models based on new vehicles; they just can't do old vehicles forever? For example, next year a bucket wheel excavator and a wheel excavator will make their debut (as far as I know those two have never appeared as Technic models before).

EDIT: Wheel excavator already appeared.

So what else can debut in the future? I can think of:

- Waste truck

- Steamroller

- Cement truck

A steamroller and a cement truck can be 2 models of the same set because they both have big cylindrical parts.

Added:

- Pile driver

- Tunnel boring machine

- Asphalt paver

- Front shovel excavator

- Street sweeper

Already appeared:

- Tracked dumper

- Forklift

- Road grader

- Wheel excavator

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Maybe a tracked dumper, I see those more and more a construction sites, especially roadbuilding.

Edited by vliet

Wasn't 8294 B model was a tracked dumper?

Being a toy manufacturer, LEGO can probably get away with repeating the type of vehicle in every few years cycles. The current kids into Technics would move out into the Dark Ages and there is always a new crop of kids growing into the age range of Technics. It's a vicious cycle of constant human births and potential new customers who haven't owned a Technic excavator or front loader before.

Big hole boring machine

Edited by dr_spock

Train, bus, tram? Sorry, thought of models that never appeared in sets :blush:

Edited by zux

Maybe a tower crane (not mobile as in 42042).

Oh,oh, oh, and a road grader.... as an A model, not B

Edited by Jockos

What about a pile driving rig? I mean something like this:

oeiRgmx.jpg

Could be easily paired with crawler crane or excavator, but Lego still never done it?

A TBM (Tunnel boring machine) Many features can be added, both technic, train and minifigs....

Did i just created my next MOC? :blush::laugh:

A TBM (Tunnel boring machine) Many features can be added, both technic, train and minifigs....

Did i just created my next MOC? :blush::laugh:

I was *just* about to post the same! :-)

A tarmac laying machine. Although the moving parts would not really be able to do anything, so I can see it would be hard for a child to understand it's functions.

Maybe then a road roller. I think there has only been a B or C model of one of these in the past.

How about a car ferry? ramps up and down at each end……ok. I've answered my own thoughts on a car ferry….limited features,

A tarmac laying machine. Although the moving parts would not really be able to do anything, so I can see it would be hard for a child to understand it's functions.

Maybe then a road roller. I think there has only been a B or C model of one of these in the past.

How about a car ferry? ramps up and down at each end……ok. I've answered my own thoughts on a car ferry….limited features,

I already put steamroller from the beginning.

They actually stil need to make the front shovel excavator. And the new V2 pistons will be great for that.

I´m currently working on a MOC like that.

They actually stil need to make the front shovel excavator. And the new V2 pistons will be great for that.

I´m currently working on a MOC like that.

Yes indeed! Suggestion added.

it has to be for kids first - do not look at is as an AFOL ... then has to be real machine and something that Lego can sell.

Am I missing something? what's wrong with non-vehicle stuff? A clock for instance.

Train, bus, tram? Sorry, thought of models that never appeared in sets :blush:

What's wrong with what you mentioned?

What's wrong with what you mentioned?

Nothing as per topic subject.

But a train and a tram are self steering vehicles and I don't think there will be al lot of (if any) functions to be added. Could make some beautiful expert models of classic (steam)trains and trams, though.

it has to be for kids first - do not look at is as an AFOL ... then has to be real machine and something that Lego can sell.

if this is for me:

1) This machine is real, it is designed to have a light capacity forklift, able to be transported and ready to be used.

hqdefault.jpg

2) If this should be a set for kids, you would only need to make it at mini.scale, just like the 42035 or 42023, beacuse its engineering its very easy, a basic truck frame and a basic forklift behind.

Well that thing looks fine, useful in region where it is needed. Still I believe that what they should do is something more common than what you have shown.

Maybe a bridge layer truck

or

A dog poop motocycle (Google "Motocrotte") :laugh:

Edited by Hoth-Wampa