Sign in to follow this  
HammerBro

[GNAR] The Nendril

While building up my county, I wanted to establish a remote Elven city and the result was Gondolin. Its origins try back into the ruins of Ferodin that are in the forest. Here I have made a ship of Gondolin and some characters to add to the story.

13950606813_8fcaedb249.jpg13951002144_b98cbe8ab5.jpg Elven forces of Gondolin

13927439446_23163ab400.jpgGimrog

Ferodin was the great kingdom of elves, but now it is merely ruins just Northwest of Enthall. Long before men came to inhabit the villages that united to form Vanhorn, Elves ruled over the Forest. Territorial battles were common and one such battle laid siege to Ferodin and left it to be reclaimed by the forest it lived in. Rumors exist of the tomb of the Great King Filond being hidden amongst the ruins. The remnants of its people fled to the Western coast of Avalonia and are said to have sailed on to other lands. Of the elves who fled from Ferodin, there was Zenithorne, a lieutenant who, with his last company was somehow separated from the refugees. Now realizing the mistake, Zenithorne moved to regroup with his kin, but the attackers dived him and his company. Unable to get past the enemy, He accepted his fate and pushed his company Northward. After several days, they came the falls of an unknown river and all agreed that there was something magical about this place. Zenithorne and his company remained at these falls for several months and finally decided to establish a kingdom, which was named Gondolin. Zenithorne was crowned King and Gondolin remains one of the last of the Woodland Elf cities. During its height, Ferodin was a great economic power and its bank became renown for security and wealth.

An Elven city located in North of Vanhorn and on the Falls of Rhondurin, Gondolin was previously a city apart from Vanhorn, but with new elven representation in the Council of Vanhorn, Gondolin has joined Vanhorn for the benefit of trade and some participation in the affairs of Vanhorn. The city is made of granite walls and straddles the River above the falls. King Ebronshir, descendant of King Zenithorne rules over the city. His close friend and top General, Gimrog, bears a great war hammer, named Cedulil, and is the main correspondent between Vanguard and Gondolin. Gimrog is also in command of the Navy of Gondolin, which is comprised of many small, light ships that can easily navigate the streams that lead into Rhondurin and the great river itself. The colors of Gondolin are Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Gold to honor the natural colors of the Falls of Rhondurin. What King Zenithorne and his soldiers noticed at the Falls was something that has long been hidden from the world of Men. The Falls have special powers that must be mastered before they can be used. Zenithorne spent long days wading in the water and by the time his wife bore a son, Zenithorne could muster the strength of the water at his command. He became master of the River and spent his elder days wandering along the banks. During one such excursion, Zenithorne found a gleaming sapphire on the riverbed. Plucking it from the waters, he realized he had found the heart of Rhondurin and named it Aquilan. It was this stone that granted the powers of the river to Zenithorne. He earned it and it was only then that Aquilan made itself known to the worthy individual. Zenithorne had his smiths fashion a golden necklace and set the stone in it. When Zenithorne died, the necklace was passed down to his son and Aquilan followed the line of Kings to Ebronshir, who now wears it. When the King dies, the jewel will pass to Emilule, his son who is currently at 58 years of age, still quite young for an elf, and he will become the sixth King of Gondolin. A curious part of the powers granted by Aquilan, the children of the one who bears it will always be born with blue eyes. Since the Kings of Gondolin have been of direct blood decent, all who ruled after Zenithore have had blue eyes.

13927432111_6994452a47.jpg King Ebronshir

13927444652_4464b74f38.jpg Prince Emilule

13950541135_7e4b7cdaa8.jpg And Lieutenant Zenithorne

Thanks for viewing!

C&C Welcome

Very cool! I like the figure head on the front, with the antlers and the dragon head. And nice background story. Gondolin wouldn't happen to be inspired by Tolkien's Silmarilion would it?... :laugh: Anyways, nice work!

Very cool! I like the figure head on the front, with the antlers and the dragon head. And nice background story. Gondolin wouldn't happen to be inspired by Tolkien's Silmarilion would it?... :laugh: Anyways, nice work!

Very Tolkeinesque! Love the effort you've gone to with the backstory! Great MOC, those figs are superb!

Thank you both! I liked the name Gondolin and decided to go with it , but it is from the Silmarillion. :laugh: I use Tolkien's way of naming things and using Sindarin or Quenya words in my names. i.e. the Nen in Nendril means water. :grin:

HammerBro, the Fig-Master!

Those figs are great! Awesome work!

Thanks guys, I guess figs are easy for me and they take up the time between builds. :blush:

Edited by HammerBro33

Great color consistency. You don't see as much blue, I've noticed, amongst the factions of Historica. Blue is the best. :P

Love it!! :wub: Simple but yet so clean and full of great techniques!

I really like your colours and combos of the figs!

Great color consistency. You don't see as much blue, I've noticed, amongst the factions of Historica. Blue is the best. :P

Love it!! :wub: Simple but yet so clean and full of great techniques!

I really like your colours and combos of the figs!

Thanks so much, I actually thought the blue color scheme when I was making some previous figs and got annoyed that I had so many blue fantasy era torsos that wouldn't go with anything else. :laugh:

Thank you all for the comments!

I'm a huge fan of this build, HammerBro. Obviously I replicated the fancy stands in my own, and I'll be playing with that idea a lot going forward. Given that my main Historica characters/story is going to involve a pirate crew, I also have to say I love that ship. Would you mind if I based a build on it? I plan to do at least one scene where the Hold Fast attacks a smaller ship and your design is probably perfect as a prize for them to take.

I'm a huge fan of this build, HammerBro. Obviously I replicated the fancy stands in my own, and I'll be playing with that idea a lot going forward. Given that my main Historica characters/story is going to involve a pirate crew, I also have to say I love that ship. Would you mind if I based a build on it? I plan to do at least one scene where the Hold Fast attacks a smaller ship and your design is probably perfect as a prize for them to take.

I'd be glad to see you make a scene like that and I'm erectly alright with it. Thank you for asking and I can't wait to see it! :sweet:

Lovely clean build HammerBro, this is a sweet looking river barge. Your figs look very smart too. Not entirly sure about the antler sticking out of the dragon head prow though... makes it look like he needs a hanky or something... :laugh:

It seems I forgot to comment on this one. I really like the ship and the use of the Crownie parts for the Elves has worked very well. The story is excellent, and it's great to see another Avalonian vessel. My only suggestion would be to flip the dragon head on the prow to face forward, but this may not be feasible, and I'm sure you already considered this when you built it.

Great work!

It seems I forgot to comment on this one. I really like the ship and the use of the Crownie parts for the Elves has worked very well. The story is excellent, and it's great to see another Avalonian vessel. My only suggestion would be to flip the dragon head on the prow to face forward, but this may not be feasible, and I'm sure you already considered this when you built it.

Great work!

Thanks! I really liked hashing out the storyline. :grin:

Lovely ship and scene Hammerbro! That's an awesome technique too for the anchor!

Lovely ship and scene Hammerbro! That's an awesome technique too for the anchor!

Thank you! I had to reconnect the pieces for the anchor several times before photo taking, its quite fragile. :blush: