Sign in to follow this  
Ras 74

Eurobricks Event 2011 in Windsor

It is high time to start the next years Event already.

Jan Beyer has asked again when and where we will have our next Event.

I have a date in mind already, and it would be 2-5 June 2011.

This basicly because the 2nd is a public holiday to many.

Anyone have any other ideas, or we can decide that this date might be fine.

Post whatever other ideas suggestions if you have any.

I will need ideas before Friday, because then is when I will tell Mr. Jan.

Oh, and next year we are going back to Windsor.

The place where cars comes from all impossible directions, where the LEGO guard dogs was invented,

and LEGOLAND was further away then we thought and we had an actual German guard dog (Doberman) as a neighbour.

The dates are fine with me. It's right after my summer exams, so I should be able to attend if money allows it.

A bit close to Brickworld 2011, but getting away with only taking out one day of leave from work more than makes up for that. Besides, then I can buy less at the Event and save money for BW :grin: So yes, the dates are fine, time to start looking for plane tickets then.

I would prefer an ordenary weekend, so if we meet up like thursday night so we get a hole workday (friday) to see stuff (behind the scene if possible), that is propably not possible in weekends or hollydays. On the other hand it depends on what will work for Jan Beyer.

Morten

2nd - 5th of June - fine! :thumbup:

... but getting away with only taking out one day of leave from work more than makes up for that.

Exactly my thinking!

Ask Mr. Jan if we can have something similar to this year's extra special... You know what I'm talking about! :wink:

What will be the better way to get there - flying (where is the next airport?) or going by car?

What will be the better way to get there - flying (where is the next airport?) or going by car?

From what I can see on the map the closest airport by far (with "by far" being somewhat relative :wink:) is Heathrow which is about 20km (driving distance according to Google Maps) away.

I have to check my information and suchlike before I can tell you a real yes. Rather close to Brickworld, I was hoping to go, but time needs to be checked :thumbup:

@ Morten: There is the friday where we can do things.

I don´t want to reveal things here, but I did mentioning it at this years Event.

Then in the park we can always talk to someone there for the Saturday. Has worked several times before.

@ Peppermint: England is a frikkin island. And not even a big one, and best part of it is that you happend to live ON it.

Make sure to be there! :tongue::wink:

Me and CM flew into Heathrow last time and took a cab from there to where we stayed.

Was all good and not to expensive at all.

Hmm. For once this doesn't clash with anything (yet). I really hope I can make it along!

God Bless,

Nathan

Really don't have any idea how my life and time will look next year. But this I won't miss! :grin:

Therefore those dates will be fine to me as well.

Hope to see many familiar and new faces there! :thumbup:

Reckon I won't be driving at all! :tongue:

Dates are fine with me, and it's still so far away in time that it should be possible for me to save up enough money for the trip. I figure I will be spending the time between now and then finding and moving to an appartment, so I think my life will be in a bit of turmoil around then, but other than that, I really should be all good to go!

Could be slap-bang in the middle of my exams, but I aim to be there! :thumbup:

I never usually plan this far ahead, but there's no excuse for me as I live only an hour or so away. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

The thing I like about the event moving to the different LEGO parks in Europe is the fact that we'll see some new faces (people living close or in England in this case). I'm looking forward meeting SlyOwl, Peppermint and Rufus for the first time in real life!

I hope I'll be able to make it to the 2011 EB event in Windsor. Was fun this year in Billund.

Depending what happens in the next few months, even I might be able to make this one! :thumbup:

That would be great it you can make it, Svelte!

Judging from this year, having an aussie on the event is a huge success :thumbup:

Depending what happens in the next few months, even I might be able to make this one! :thumbup:

It would be so nice having the opportunity to meet you in person. I hope you can make it!

Yayness, would be awesome if you could make it Svelte :sweet:

Judging from this year, having an aussie on the event is a huge success :thumbup:

In fact, all available data suggest that all events with aussies are good events, as was also proven at Brickworld this year.

@ Peppermint: England is a frikkin island. And not even a big one, and best part of it is that you happend to live ON it.

Ras 74,

Please don't reveille to our British friends they live on a small Island in the cold North Sea, and that the only reason we speak English is due to the dominance of commerce by the USA. :wink::tongue:

Some still believe the "Great" in Great Britain relates to the size of it, while the whole of the UK is just slightly under half the size of Sweden. :laugh:

-----------------------------

As for the event:

Sounds super cool! I will try to be there.

Was in Legoland Windsor a couple of years ago.

I will try to avoid Heath-row though, because they have a habit of loosing suitcases.

Great Britain is the Island, England is just one of the countries.

I happen to live in Wales, which is addmitedly right next to England but is very different boyo.

@ Teddy: Look Here

I will go. I just need to find out how my university studies paid for by work fit into it.

HAHAHA! This starts to remind me of one of the most funny threads in the history of EB.

I do know very well that England itself does not make the island.

My point still is that if you live as far away from Windsor as possible or as close as possible in Wales,

it only differ 270 km (don´t ask how I came up with that please).

Anyway, my point is not to start another topic about location, but that I would like if you made it.

I'm cool for any time of year, as long as it is in the UK, I don't think I would ever be forgiven if my little brother couldn't come along. 2011 would give me some more time to get the space for larger MOCs to be built that I can bring along.

I certainly don't mind a postponment.

You kind of promissed :wink:

@ Teddy: Ohhh... attacking someones country always make you go full Dfenz! But it sure is very fun.

Something that always is an ongoing game between the Eventees. No need to grump, just give back.

You have some fellow Benelux-whatever-countrymen that knows what I am talking about :grin::wink:

Are you coming by the way?